Army deserter Bowe Bergdahl pleads GUILTY to desertion, misbehavior

jtssrx

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, bussman said:

How do you know this? Once you sign up everybody is expected to if needed. 

And I believe Snake trained those that did, pretty important gig if you ask me. 

You are trained to frag your fellow soldiers...seriously?

Edited by Biggie Smails

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Show me where a us soldier signs up to fight wars for profit

My point is he signed up during the height of Afghanistan and Iraq as an airborne infantryman. That is paramount to signing up to fight those particular wars. You are correct though. A solider doesn’t sign up to fight for imperialistic ideals or oil. The problem I have is this: He knew the war at hand and signed up. When sent to trashcanistan, he deserted causing deaths of his fellow service members. He wasn’t exposing a greater truth. He wasn’t fighting imperialism by his motives. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

My point is he signed up during the height of Afghanistan and Iraq as an airborne infantryman. That is paramount to signing up to fight those particular wars. You are correct though. A solider doesn’t sign up to fight for imperialistic ideals or oil. The problem I have is this: He knew the war at hand and signed up. When sent to trashcanistan, he deserted causing deaths of his fellow service members. He wasn’t exposing a greater truth. He wasn’t fighting imperialism by his motives. 

Seems pretty legit. His selfish actions caused the deaths of his fellow servicemen. Hang that faggot up. 

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I understand....he fucked up.

But

These kids are lied to in the media...lied to by recruiters. Lied to by everyone right through deployment. Then they get their boots on the ground and some of them figure out what they signed up for isnt what they are being asked to do.

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

But

These kids are lied to in the media...lied to by recruiters. Lied to by everyone right through deployment. Then they get their boots on the ground and some of them figure out what they signed up for isnt what they are being asked to do.

I understand that point. I think they knew what they signed up for though. I knew. My opinion on it has changed, but I knew what was required of me. Even if the realization was found once there, that can never excuse actions that lead to the deaths of others because of one's own poor decisions. 

8 hours ago, f7ben said:

But

Evvvvvvveryones a liar Ben.  Of course.  How many soldiers have you talked to before and after a deployment?  Christ, use your head for more than a hat rack once in a while.

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Evvvvvvveryones a liar Ben.  Of course.  How many soldiers have you talked to before and after a deployment?  Christ, use your head for more than a hat rack once in a while.

Tell us more about those wmds you chickenhawk fucking idiot

I joined in 1987, went in 1988. Military wasn't remotely cool then and it was something you really didn't tell people about. There was still a hangover of frustration left from Vietnam at the time. That said maybe I was lucky, nothing my recruiter said ended up being bullshit or sold to me in a way that wasn't really straight up. Did I like Desert Storm and what the mission was truly about? No. Did I know I signed up for it? Yes. 

The only thing that really pissed me off was King Fahad was going to write us all a check for 10k after it was all done. President Bush said no, we aren't mercenaries. That's full on bullshit, fuck him. 

I ended up with a gold and silver medal worth 10k today, I'm letting it go now. 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I'm shocked Anler believes soldiers actually died trying to find him.   

I'm under the opinion in voluntary or any service (draft) for that matter when you sign up you also do so to protect your fellow soldiers to the best of your ability no matter your opinion on the conflict or the deployment.  My guess everyone killed or harmed looking for him knew he was a deserter yet still put their life on the line.   That being said he should never see the light of freedom again.  It would be one thing to simply be too afraid to fight in the heat of combat but its another thing altogether to put your fellow soldiers at great risk walking away from a base into the hands of the enemy all the while knowing very well what men will risk to save him.  

Edited by Highmark

6 hours ago, bussman said:

I joined in 1987, went in 1988. Military wasn't remotely cool then and it was something you really didn't tell people about. There was still a hangover of frustration left from Vietnam at the time. That said maybe I was lucky, nothing my recruiter said ended up being bullshit or sold to me in a way that wasn't really straight up. Did I like Desert Storm and what the mission was truly about? No. Did I know I signed up for it? Yes. 

The only thing that really pissed me off was King Fahad was going to write us all a check for 10k after it was all done. President Bush said no, we aren't mercenaries. That's full on bullshit, fuck him. 

I ended up with a gold and silver medal worth 10k today, I'm letting it go now. 

Joined in 82.... left in 83.

Some of these opinionated fucks weren't even a dream yet.

33 minutes ago, Snake said:

Joined in 82.... left in 83.

Some of these opinionated fucks weren't even a dream yet.

So ....not only are you a bootlicking dumbass......you're an old bootlicking dumbass......CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

37 minutes ago, f7ben said:

So ....not only are you a bootlicking dumbass......you're an old bootlicking dumbass......CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

Still tie that beak of yours on the other side of your cock sucker.... no problem.