Clinton Foundation to keep Harvey Weinstein's $250,000 donation

Pete

Yeah, this ought to help you fucking asshole clowns get elected. Continued death spiral brought to you by a losing liberal cunt. Be proud dems

The Clinton Foundation will not return as much as $250,000 in donations from disgraced Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein following the accusations of sexual harassment and rape.

The foundation said Sunday that donations, ranging from $100,000 to $250,000, have already been spent on projects, The Daily Mail reported.

The move to keep the money was expected following tweets from the foundation’s spokesman Craig Minassian.

“Suggesting @ClintonFdn return funds from our 330,000+ donors ignores the fact that donations have been used to help people across the world,” Minassian wrote on Twitter.

The calls to return Weinstein’s money were prompted after multiple actresses have come forward and accused the Hollywood executive of sexual assault and rape, forcing numerous politicians and organization to grapple with the dilemma.

Dozens Democratic Party politicians – including Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, Sen. Sen. Al Franken, Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Sen. Cory Booker – have pledged to donate their Weinstein’s contributions to charities focused on women’s rights.

Hillary Clinton echoed her former colleagues, saying she was “shocked and appalled” after the sexual harassment allegations were revealed about Weinstein, who hosted fundraisers for her in the past and donated more than $46,000 to her recent presidential campaign and other election efforts.

"What other people are saying, what my former colleagues are saying, is they're going to donate it to charity, and of course I will do that," she said on CNN. "I give 10% of my income to charity every year, this will be part of that. There's no – there's no doubt about it."

Lukas Mikelionis is a reporter for FoxNews.com. Follow him on Twitter @LukasMikelionis.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/16/clinton-foundation-to-keep-harvey-weinsteins-250000-donation.html

I'm on the board of a few charities, the money we collect is used to help people that need it, and haven't people been giving Harvey's money to charity?

So now the charities that Harvey has donated to are supposed to do what with the money?

/threadend

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Both sides. Democrats and Republicans have the blinders on so bad they only see what they want to see.

They vote for party not person.

I don't see people in my immediate area doing this any longer. 

according to some of you dipshits the clinton foundation was dead

but you're right though, the foundation should go to charities and expect to get food, meds, and other supplies the foundation helps with, back.   :handjob:

Edited by Snoslinger

An individual may give a maximum of: $2,700 per election to a federal candidate or the candidate's campaign committee.2 Notice that the limit applies separately to each election. Primaries, runoffs and general elections are considered separate elections. $5,000 per calendar year to a PAC.

Hillary Clinton echoed her former colleagues, saying she was “shocked and appalled” after the sexual harassment allegations were revealed about Weinstein, who hosted fundraisers for her in the past and donated more than $46,000 to her recent presidential campaign and other election efforts.

Interesting.....gave 250k to Clinton Foundation, and 46k individually for Clinton's campaigns.

8 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

according to some of you dipshits the clinton foundation was dead

but you're right though, the foundation should go to charities and expect to get food, meds, and other supplies the foundation helps with, back.   :handjob:

it is dead . no one working there just a po box . it is used as a personal shelter 

Edited by Ez ryder

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

An individual may give a maximum of: $2,700 per election to a federal candidate or the candidate's campaign committee.2 Notice that the limit applies separately to each election. Primaries, runoffs and general elections are considered separate elections. $5,000 per calendar year to a PAC.

Interesting.....gave 250k to Clinton Foundation, and 46k individually for Clinton's campaigns.

hmmm, racer might be onto something.

why so "interesting"?

they have the   board in place only change is the president steped down and is now just a board member . 

I do not care to go back and look up the many story's about the Clinton foundation workers stepping down . we know CNN gave it the ofical spin of oh they thought they would be working in the WH . lol I am sure they still get a star eyed interns to run the web site and shuffle papers . fact is the tap has been shut and no one is wasting cash giving to a dead horse with no pull left 

4 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Shouldn't we be stripping him of his money and giving it to foundations?

Neal

now we should take all his money ? 

I dont give a fuck what any one dose with the money he gave personally. 

but now we should take the guys money and do what the collective thinks is best with it?  

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

but now we should take the guys money and do what the collective thinks is best with it?  

Neal is an idiot

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

they have the   board in place only change is the president steped down and is now just a board member . 

I do not care to go back and look up the many story's about the Clinton foundation workers stepping down . we know CNN gave it the ofical spin of oh they thought they would be working in the WH . lol I am sure they still get a star eyed interns to run the web site and shuffle papers . fact is the tap has been shut and no one is wasting cash giving to a dead horse with no pull left 

you are completely full of shit, a victim of right wing spin, which is typical. you're confusing the Clinton global initiative with the Clinton foundation. two different things, and the plan to shelve the global initiative was in place prior to the election. but rww spin machines turned it all around so people like you would think all the donations were stopping because the donors couldn't buy favors anymore.

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I would have no problem taking nearly all his worth if he is convicted.

Neal

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Why would they give the money back lol? That seems counterproductive. They should spend it on rape and sexual assault causes. 

I agree, give it to Vera House...