CBO, ending Obamacare subsidies will increase premiums.

16 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Since you're admittedly lazy are you overpaid?  :snack: Or is being ' 'overpaid' relative and as good as 'Union' wrong :lol: 

I am sure from your liberal viewpoint everybody is over paid. I get paid for my qualifcations, I have hazmat, tank, TWIC card a CLEAN license, and have 20 years in heavy haul tanker alone, I can enter any port in the US and have endured more background checks than you can count, if anybody is fucking overpaid it a stupid light bulb salesman who runs his cock holster on a snowmobile site while HIDING behind his keyboard

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

I am a non union truck driver and my pay and bennies are on par with the teamsters, my company provides our insurance providing you complete their health screenings and my retirement bennies are going to be just fine. oh and I have winters off:thumbsup:

Well Fed ex was taken to court because they required their delivery people to buy and maintain their own trucks. Props to you but the ONLY reason you get anywhere near Union scale and Bennie's is due to the union threat. Companies are already experimenting with drone delivery, driverless technology is coming to market so enjoy it while it lasts. :bc:

2 hours ago, Anler said:

Well Fed ex was taken to court because they required their delivery people to buy and maintain their own trucks. Props to you but the ONLY reason you get anywhere near Union scale and Bennie's is due to the union threat. Companies are already experimenting with drone delivery, driverless technology is coming to market so enjoy it while it lasts. :bc:

we get good wages because we don't need to be controlled by a union and there is no way my industry will ever go to driverless trucks and so forth due to the products I haul, the material I transport is in excess of 300* and needs the "personal" touch to safely transfer from trailer to tank, nice try though

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, 01mxz800 said:

we get good wages because we don't need to be controlled by a union and there is no way my industry will ever go to driverless trucks and so forth due to the products I haul, the material I transport is in excess of 300* and needs the "personal" touch to safely transfer from trailer to tank, nice try though

Why do you think truck driving wages are so high in the first place..rhetorical question BTW.

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

Why do you think truck driving wages are so high in the first place..rhetorical question BTW.

Lack of qualified drivers for 1,  there are many "graduates" from driving school but most should never be let loose in a truck and don't stay in the industry long. Driving is not for the weak at heart and trucking is the most regulated industry in the states which contributes to the turn over in drivers. I have been driving professionally for almost 30 years and have done real well money wise but can't wait to hang it up in 9 years

9 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

Would love to see a driverless back up a tandem trailer in tight conditions.

6 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

TEAMSTERS UNION

fuck unions, I have worked for unions and will never work union again, they are past their prime, i won't beat anybody up for working for a union but will steer clear of 1 myself

9 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

fuck unions, I have worked for unions and will never work union again, they are past their prime, i won't beat anybody up for working for a union but will steer clear of 1 myself

That's fine and dandy but all you guys making huge bank and motherfucking unions need to learn a little history.

5 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

That's fine and dandy but all you guys making huge bank and motherfucking unions need to learn a little history.

The guys who make the huge bank are not in unions.  Anyways there was a time when unions were needed and did a lot of good.  But with anything that tries to gain too much power, it corrupts and now they are responsible for more plants closing.  You want your union, good for you but they are way past their best before date.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The guys who make the huge bank are not in unions.  Anyways there was a time when unions were needed and did a lot of good.  But with anything that tries to gain too much power, it corrupts and now they are responsible for more plants closing.  You want your union, good for you but they are way past their best before date.

I give up.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Would love to see a driverless back up a tandem trailer in tight conditions.

Using the antiquated current technology used currently maybe but you don't think someone can invent and implement a more efficient system? Just look at what has been done with robotics in the last decade. Shit we have pilotless jets now, don't think it can't be done with trucks. 

16 minutes ago, Anler said:

Using the antiquated current technology used currently maybe but you don't think someone can invent and implement a more efficient system? Just look at what has been done with robotics in the last decade. Shit we have pilotless jets now, don't think it can't be done with trucks. 

Oh it will get there, but we have a very very long way to go.

I work in automation and to a lessor degree have programmed many robots.  I have also know of AGV's that have been seriously clipped due to killing a number of unexpected employees.

It will get there, but it won't be anytime soon and skilled traded are pretty safe.

You ready to get into a pilot-less jet?

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Oh it will get there, but we have a very very long way to go.

I work in automation and to a lessor degree have programmed many robots.  I have also know of AGV's that have been seriously clipped due to killing a number of unexpected employees.

It will get there, but it won't be anytime soon and skilled traded are pretty safe.

You ready to get into a pilot-less jet?

I'd get in a pilotless jet. But I want a more comfortable seat! :lol:

22 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I dunno, I just remember it being thrown around constantly by righties during Obamacare discussion and rollout.

Neal

Let's be honest it would be hard to find a single prediction prior to the implementation of Obamacare that actually came true by the proponents of the plan and those who were tasked with evaluation. 

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

Let's be honest it would be hard to find a single prediction prior to the implementation of Obamacare that actually came true by the proponents of the plan and those who were tasked with evaluation. 

True, but I would say the same for all the doom and gloom of all the opponents of Obamacare too.  Amazing, some where between total euphoria and absolute hell is what we got.

Neal

1 hour ago, Momorider said:

:lmao: yah guess what when taxpayers stop subsidizing shit it costs more :lol: are people this fucking stupid to not realize this fact 

Isn't it awesome that Trump IS gonna fix this for us and our premiums are only going to go up 20%?

6 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

True, but I would say the same for all the doom and gloom of all the opponents of Obamacare too.  Amazing, some where between total euphoria and absolute hell is what we got.

Neal

It is not so great here in CT as there is only one insurance company left in the state insurance exchange. Not exactly the price cutting plan the proponents had promised.  

2 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

It is not so great here in CT as there is only one insurance company left in the state insurance exchange. Not exactly the price cutting plan the proponents had promised.  

I show two, Connecticare and Anthem.  Is that for 2018?

For 2017 you could have a Gold plan from Anthem with $642 premium, $4500 deductible, and $30 co-pays.  Family of 4, $75,000 household income.

Neal