Printer Question

• Gold Member

I have an Epson Work Force 3620 color all-in-one inkjet printer that uses an astronomical amount of ink. It even goes so far as to use some of the color ink when printing black and white, its true I googled it. Fuckin ripoff! Epson ink cartridges are stupid expensive as well.

Anyhow, on Amazon I found some Jarbo ink cartridges that get good reviews (for whatever thats worth) that are substantially cheaper.

I was wondering if anyone had used aftermarket ink, like Jarbo, and if so what your experience was?

Aftermarket CAN be just as good as the name brand ink. Unfortunately I don't keep up on printer ink enough to know what is good and what isn't. See if you can find it on Amazon, the reviews(good or bad) will tell the story. 

I would recommend investing in a quality laser printer like a "Brother" brand if you are looking for a new printer. 

• Gold Member

YeahI bought the Epson based on price and now I'm paying for it alright, I should have investigated more.

The ink I mention does get good reviews on Amazon so I guess I'll try it.

Thanks, Joel. :bc:

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

YeahI bought the Epson based on price and now I'm paying for it alright, I should have investigated more.

Anytime, Brad. :bc:

10 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Just be careful you may get a error code the ink carts are not genuine Epson

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Just be careful you may get a error code the ink carts are not genuine Epson

The research Ive done so far says that should be a simple acknowledgement within the printer's software. We'll see though.

The link that I posted is a refillable cartridge system.  The Jarbo cartridges you mention still have to be replaced and are still a recurring cost.  The CIS system I have is like 4 years old and I'm still on the original ink refill jugs that came with the system.  It essentially reduces printing costs to the cost of the paper.  And I print a lot of high-quality photographs, usually night time shots that use a LOT of ink.

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, low-1 said:

I use this system of refill cartridges and am quite happy with it.  

https://cisinks.com/

3 hours ago, low-1 said:

The link that I posted is a refillable cartridge system.  The Jarbo cartridges you mention still have to be replaced and are still a recurring cost.  The CIS system I have is like 4 years old and I'm still on the original ink refill jugs that came with the system.  It essentially reduces printing costs to the cost of the paper.  And I print a lot of high-quality photographs, usually night time shots that use a LOT of ink.

I missed that until just now. That looks like a good deal.