Actress @RoseMcgowan blocked from Twitter after tweeting about Harvey Weinstein and Ben Affleck"

jtssrx

is there anything, anything you don't dive in head first over, jtssrx?

Twitter said in a tweet on Thursday. "We want to explain that her account was temporarily locked because one of her Tweets included a private phone number, which violates of our Terms of Service."

Edited by Snoslinger
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Twitter said in a tweet on Thursday. "We want to explain that her account was temporarily locked because one of her Tweets included a private phone number, which violates of our Terms of Service."

tell Julian Assange dipshit

25 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol2: At Jamie Lee Curtis's remarks......

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/12/arts/rose-mcgowan-twitter-weinstein.html

Rose McGowan’s Twitter Account Locked After Posts About Weinstein

By NELLIE BOWLES and CARA BUCKLEYOCT. 12, 2017

Photo
13Mcgowan-master768.jpg

Rose McGowan in 2015. “TWITTER HAS SUSPENDED ME. THERE ARE POWERFUL FORCES AT WORK. BE MY VOICE,” she wrote on her Instagram page. CreditAn Rong Xu for The New York Times

The actress Rose McGowan said in an Instagram post overnight that her Twitter account had been temporarily locked following a series of posts about Harvey Weinstein’s misconduct, including toward her.

“TWITTER HAS SUSPENDED ME. THERE ARE POWERFUL FORCES AT WORK. BE MY VOICE,” Ms. McGowan wrote on her Instagram page after midnight Eastern time on Thursday. She included a snapshot of a message from Twitter saying she would only be able to send direct messages from her account unless she deleted tweets that violated Twitter rules.

The screenshot announced a temporary freeze that prevented her from tweeting, retweeting or liking for 12 hours. Unlike a full suspension, this measure leaves her account visible.

The message in the screenshot said that the lock was in effect because Ms. McGowan’s account had “violated the Twitter rules.”

Continue reading the main story

In a statement, a Twitter representative wrote that Ms. McGowan’s tweets violated the company’s privacy policy because one of them included a phone number. A person familiar with the decision said that the phone number of a prominent person was visible in a screenshot of an email.

The statement said:

“We want to explain that her account was temporarily locked because one of her tweets included a private phone number, which violates our Terms of Service. The tweet was removed and her account has been unlocked. We will be clearer about these policies and decisions in the future.”

Twitter can and often does take down individual tweets, rather than suspend entire accounts. It is unclear why the company froze Ms. McGowan’s entire account. A person familiar with the decision said that in part it happened because of timing: The key decision makers at Twitter, based in San Francisco, were out of the office when the account was locked overnight. When the workday started, Twitter’s executives decided to lift the account’s 12-hour freeze several hours early.

Ms. McGowan reached a $100,000 settlement with Mr. Weinstein in 1997 following a hotel room incident at the Sundance Film Festival, and in recent days has been vocal in her support of women who have stepped forward to reveal that the producer had sexually harassed them or worse.

On Tuesday, after the actor Ben Affleck tweeted that the allegations against Mr. Weinstein “made him sick,” Ms. McGowan called him a liar, saying he had long been aware of what Mr. Weinstein had done. She has also attacked Hollywood players who failed to criticize Mr. Weinstein, writing in a tweet, “you all knew.”

Many Twitter users expressed outrage over Ms. McGowan’s account being locked. The actress Jessica Chastain asked for clarification on which rules Ms. McGowan violated, adding, “Asking for multiple victims of sexual violence.”

The actress Jamie Lee Curtis wrote: “And now THIS? You allow Twitter freedom to our president but you silence a woman speaking out about sexual harassment?”

Jack Dorsey, Twitter’s chief executive, wrote that the company needs to be “a lot more transparent” to build trust.

Twitter has previously stated that tweets that are “newsworthy” remain on the site even if they violate its terms of service rules. In recent months, many have asked why President Trump’s account hasn’t been suspended despite seeming to threaten other countries with violence. Threats of violence are not allowed on the platform, according to the Twitter Rules, a set of behavioral guidelines for users that include a prohibition against “harassment” and “hateful conduct.” The company wrote that Twitter would not suspend Mr. Trump in part because of “newsworthiness.”

The company is now under increased scrutiny after revelations that it allowed hundreds of Russian-linked accounts to flourish on the site. The Russian-linked accounts seemed intent on inciting partisan furor and electing Mr. Trump.

Twitter has been long criticized for taking too laissez-faire an approach to monitoring content that many of its users see to be in violation of the terms of service and Twitter Rules. Some prominent users have claimed the site is a hostile space for women. The harassment campaign known as Gamergate flourished on the site for years, and when the company does suspend or ban an account it is often after immense pressure from users.

Follow Cara Buckley on Twitter

11 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Maybe you should do research and not be such a spoon fed moron who believes everything he finds on YouTube? Food for thought. 

I guess all these publications that are talking about it need to do research to right asshole. 

look you don't like me I get it. But the piling on just to pile on with your faggot friends like slinger is old. 

2 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Did you just quote a gossip column at me? Lol. Twitter explained why they TEMPORARILY locked her account. Not surprised that doesn’t jive with you. 

First time anyone has called @Snoslinger my buddy! WE’RE BEST FRIENDS NOW SLINGY!!!

:congrats:

2 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Did you just quote a gossip column at me? Lol. Twitter explained why they TEMPORARILY locked her account. Not surprised that doesn’t jive with you. 

First time anyone has called @Snoslinger my buddy! WE’RE BEST FRIENDS NOW SLINGY!!!

They can explain away all they want. The fact is multiple news sources are talking about it.  The bigger story is the Hypocrisy of the left on this story.  

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

They can explain away all they want. The fact is multiple news sources are talking about it.  The bigger story is the Hypocrisy of the left on this story.  

No, best part is watching Republicans pretend to be better than Democrats on this kind of shit.

Just now, motonoggin said:

No, best part is watching Republicans pretend to be better than Democrats on this kind of shit.

I don't think that's happening at all. But I'm not surprised you see that way as even though you seem to be very independent these days you still lean left!!

I can give you a couple examples both the Imran Awan and Bob Menendez trials are barley being covered or talked about. If these were Republican scandals they would be all over the news. 

15 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I thought we always were? :dunno:

:lol:

12 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

who is being a hypocrite on this story, and why? because the way I see it, many on the right just voted in an admitted predator, womanizer, cheater to the WH. so please, explain how we are hypocrits and you and others are not.