***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

At some point my smoker turned off last night. It was down to 80deg. I got it going again,do you think it wil be safe to eat?  Will the family have exploding ass this evening?

It will be fine

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Electric smokers suck. Any smoker that has a circuit board in it,sucks biggly.:lol:

One of my buddies just picked up a Traeger on sale.  He’s been smoking about as long as I have so, we’re both curious to see how well it does.  

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

One of my buddies just picked up a Traeger on sale.  He’s been smoking about as long as I have so, we’re both curious to see how well it does.  

Everyone that I know that has one,loves them. 

31 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Everyone that I know that has one,loves them. 

Yes, same here.  I must admit, throwing some meat on a well stocked, automatic smoker and just returning at eating time does sound appealing.  Even if it is sub-par to wood, it’s still gonna be delish!

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Yes, same here.  I must admit, throwing some meat on a well stocked, automatic smoker and just returning at eating time does sound appealing.  Even if it is sub-par to wood, it’s still gonna be delish!

Won't have as smoky flavor as a stick burner, but it's a trade off for ease of use.

3 minutes ago, dz246 said:

Won't have as smoky flavor as a stick burner, but it's a trade off for ease of use.

Yeah, that’s my thoughts also.  Smoking is an “event” and there’s a lot that goes into keeping it up.  But to be able to “set it and forget it” on a Tuesday morning...gotta be worth something.  We’ll see.  My buddy will put it to the test for sure.  He’s a “smoke with wood or stay on the porch” freak too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, Momorider said:

You think you got enough sauce it looks like you candied the fucking thing :guzzle:

Asshole, I had SA Oktoberfest fest coming out of my nose after reading that..:lol:

1 hour ago, Momorider said:

You think you got enough sauce it looks like you candied the fucking thing :guzzle:

Yankees are really bad at this shit.

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Asshole, I had SA Oktoberfest fest coming out of my nose after reading that..:lol:

Ahhh....wife picked up a couple of sixes of that yesterday.  It’s good stuff.

• Like 1