***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

2 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

Boil it. Take it out and throw some apricot jam on it and bake it till it carmelizes. I said yuck till I tried it as a friend brought it to a st Patty's day party this year. It wasn't very sweet like I was thinking it would be. Just a hint of sweet. It was delicious, can't wait to try making it myself. :bc: Can't help ya with the boiled smoked ham thing, sounds weird. I usually double smoke em'.

Did they actually take the brisket and put it in boiling water???? That would be weird if they did. A big cast iron slow cooker and a cup of water in the bottom is the way I have always done it and seen it done

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Did they actually take the brisket and put it in boiling water???? That would be weird if they did. A big cast iron slow cooker and a cup of water in the bottom is the way I have always done it and seen it done

Yep. Boiled. The way my mother always did it was in a big pot with cabbage, potatoes, onions and carrots. Not my favorite meal so I avoid it mostly. A corned beef on rye every once in a while from one of our good Jooish delies is the tits though.

1 minute ago, Rw06GT said:

Yep. Boiled. The way my mother always did it was in a big pot with cabbage, potatoes, onions and carrots. Not my favorite meal so I avoid it mostly. A corned beef on rye every once in a while from one of our good Jooish delies is the tits though.

Yup...the way your mom does it is how the Irish did it and how I have always done it. I love it.....one of my favorite meals. A corned beef is much like a pastrami. They should be steamed more so than boiled. They get very tender and the flavor concentrates well. Thats why the slow cooker with water and veggies in it works perfectly .....just my opinion obviously 

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Once a yr. What are you a plastic mick.

absolutely, boiled meats pretty gross compared to the many other ways to cook it.  this is a bbq thread if you want to talk about boiled meet start a crockpot thread with crockpot king firecat

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

absolutely, boiled meats pretty gross compared to the many other ways to cook it.  this is a bbq thread if you want to talk about boiled meet start a crockpot thread with crockpot king firecat

:bigfinger:

:lol:

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

You dont boil a corned beef. You cook it in a slow cooker with potatoes and cabbage and it more or less steams as it cooks. 

Also other treat like boiled dinner are comprised of cured or smoked meat when the flavor has already been imparted......like a ham. In this case its more like making a soup than it is cooking a piece of meat.

If a person ever finds themselved with a raw piece of meat and their first inclination is to boil it they are either Howard fucking Hughes or they dont know shit about cooking :lol: 

I have no problem boiling brats before grilling.

Neal

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

That is fucking retarded. Just grill them. Wtf. My dad used to do that....its gay

10 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

I usually boil mine in any Coors Lite that gets left here by Nicole's girlfriends. At least it's good for something.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Good stuff. One of my favorites.

It's been a while since I've smoked beef ribs. I don't think I wrapped them during the cook like I sometimes do with pork ribs.

Just now, f7ben said:

SMFH.......Chinese beef ribs. WTF

It's one of the few places that I can even find them.

:ben:

1 hour ago, ckf said:

It's one of the few places that I can even find them.

:ben:

Please take this to the official FU bhen thread

:justcuz:

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

My buddy just became the prairie deal for these smokers...have you heard of them @ckf?

Screenshot_20180627-051048_Facebook.jpg

They are Canadian made.  How many loonies do they cost?  I follow them on Facebook but so far no pricing has been discussed.

Some of their insert stuff looks cool too.

Neal

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

They are Canadian made.  How many loonies do they cost?  I follow them on Facebook but so far no pricing has been discussed.

Some of their insert stuff looks cool too.

Neal

No idea the cost...they weigh over 1100lbs...im going with my buddy to pick up 10 of them in Quebec in July.

My smoker would be done by now but the custom axle was 2 weeks late on deliver. It should be here this morning so there is still a chance it will be finished for me to use on the 4th of July!