***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Why dont you just put that motherfucker in the crockpot and get it over with.......fucking electric smokers and oven ....SMMFH

Why don’t you sell your house and live in a tent you fucking pilgrim.:lol:

23 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Looks like you will hit get it finished in the oven.

:bc:

Neal

The auto temp probe feature in the over is the shit. Meanwhile,#bbqbhenthepilgrim is still rubbing two sticks together. It’s wrapped in two towels and in the cooler. Headed to Chicago (pew pew)and will rip it apart there. Tacos for days. There wasn’t much info on the web on doing carnitas in a smoker. The traditional way to do them is in a 60qt pot. You boil it down with lard and vegetables for 6 hours. This is why you don’t see them at taco joints very often, typically only on Saturday.

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

The auto temp probe feature in the over is the shit. Meanwhile,#bbqbhenthepilgrim is still rubbing two sticks together. It’s wrapped in two towels and in the cooler. Headed to Chicago (pew pew)and will rip it apart there. Tacos for days. There wasn’t much info on the web on doing carnitas in a smoker. The traditional way to do them is in a 60qt pot. You boil it down with lard and vegetables for 6 hours. This is why you don’t see them at taco joints very often, typically only on Saturday.

My oven has the nice silicone probe with temp controls.  It is nice!

Neal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

Don Pedro's on 18th Street always has them!

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Reevester said:

7TQ4wPi.jpg

The one on the left is turned like he is talking to the other one...."Hey don't lose your head but I think we are fucked!" 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

What temp when you pulled it from the oven? I pull all mine at 197-198 and then finish to just over 200. 

If you cook them past 200 they end up mush 

I pulled it at 195 and it was still to hot to pull apart with your fingers, after being in the cooler for 3 hours. My first time and it came out perfect. 9 of us ate about half of it.

6786EF58-29AC-47CC-8A1D-F1ACC0EA1192.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

I pulled it at 195 and it was still to hot to pull apart with your fingers, after being in the cooler for 3 hours. My first time and it came out perfect. 9 of us ate about half of it.

6786EF58-29AC-47CC-8A1D-F1ACC0EA1192.jpeg

Very nice.....

37 minutes ago, racerdave said:

Doing a 3 # corned beef brisket on my Weber kettle using the slow and sear around noon. Shooting for 250* smoke temp. Some mesquite and hickory. Suggestions?

I’ve never done a corn beef.

41 minutes ago, racerdave said:

Doing a 3 # corned beef brisket on my Weber kettle using the slow and sear around noon. Shooting for 250* smoke temp. Some mesquite and hickory. Suggestions?

I'd just cook it slow and forego the sear. Its gonna cook pretty quick at 250. Doing a corn beef is no different than doing a normal brisket. It's a tough piece of meat and takes time to break down and get tender.