***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

8 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Getting ready to rub these lovely ladies down, and put them in the smoker for the next 15 hours :bc:

IMG_20171028_004525704_HDR.jpg

The meat at our local Meijer sucks. Not sure why? We buy everything else there.

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Yeah that is strange...Meijers here has very good meat. They must ship the crappy stuff to the Chicago area......:hungry:

23 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Yeah that is strange...Meijers here has very good meat. They must ship the crappy stuff to the Chicago area......:hungry:

I'm not the only one either ,friends and family say the same thing? We did over A mil in project work for them last year and just finished a 250k project at a store last week. I always try to take care of those that take care of me. The way they handle their product and the back of the house always look fine.

IMG_3335.JPG

IMG_3336.JPG

Edited by Woodtick
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

The Meijer closest to me is always good.  And the prices are usually very good.  I missed out in the sale they had for shoulders.  They were $1.19/#.  Next day the were $1,69/#.  It was only a 2 day sale and of course didn't look at the ads until the last day.  Oh well.  While I was there , they had boneless pork tenderloin on sale , buy one , get one of equal or lesser value free.  Our local Kroger is usually good for meat too.  We also have a local small Spartan store, but their meat is iffy. 

They're supposed to be building a new Meijers even closer to us (right across from Romeo Engine ).here shortly.  Hopefully they meat quality stats the same or better at the new one. 

9 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

The Meijer closest to me is always good.  And the prices are usually very good.  I missed out in the sale they had for shoulders.  They were $1.19/#.  Next day the were $1,69/#.  It was only a 2 day sale and of course didn't look at the ads until the last day.  Oh well.  While I was there , they had boneless pork tenderloin on sale , buy one , get one of equal or lesser value free.  Our local Kroger is usually good for meat too.  We also have a local small Spartan store, but their meat is iffy. 

They're supposed to be building a new Meijers even closer to us (right across from Romeo Engine ).here shortly.  Hopefully they meat quality stats the same or better at the new one. 

Meijers is a great company and really glad they are Michigan based. :thumb:

They've expanded to The UP as well.

Edited by Biggie Smails
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Meijers is a great company and really glad they are Michigan based. :thumb:

They just broke ground on store #3 in the UP. They are building them in Wi as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hwytohell said:

My issue with Fred Meijer is that he screwed the snowmobilers  on his pet  project trail , plus he worked his political connection$  for huge tax dollars for it.   >:(

Ahhh...hadn't heard anything about that.

On 10/28/2017 at 10:30 AM, Jimmy Snacks said:

Meijers is a great company and 

really glad they are Michigan based. :thumb:

Yes they are :bc:

x2

Awesome

On 10/28/2017 at 12:56 PM, Woodtick said:

They just broke ground on store #3 in the UP. They are building them in Wi as well.

Nice  :bc:

On 10/28/2017 at 1:05 PM, hwytohell said:

My issue with Fred Meijer is that he screwed the snowmobilers  on his pet  project trail , plus he worked his political connection$  for huge tax dollars for it.   >:(

Meijers>Walmart 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

Pork came out awesome yesterday. Was a little worried because my thermometer wasn't working , so I had to wing it based on previous ones I've done and just did it by time per #.  I had one that was 8.25# and the other was 9.35#.  Last one I did was 10#+ and it took a little more than 13 hours to get to 195*. So I added a little time for the 2nd one and took the 8.25# one out 15 hours. And then left the 9.35#er in for another hour and a half by itself.   Everyone at my party last night just raved about how awesome it was.   Really happy with how they turned out.  I also used a different dry rub and bonder this time. Really made a nice bark.  I used all natural honey and a dry rub I've used on turkey before.  Brown sugar, white sugar, black pepper, white pepper, salt, onion powder and garlic powder.  Was ridiculous with the sugar and honey. 

Only way to eat a pulled pork sandwich. My mom made the slaw  

IMG_20171029_152219752_HDR.thumb.jpg.8f229ae0fe3be4d55b5291edead0bead.jpg

Great for nursing a hangover while cleaning up from the party 

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I dont shop at meijers.....its a fucking walmart with a different name. 

Without the slave labor wages 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Pork came out awesome yesterday. Was a little worried because my thermometer wasn't working , so I had to wing it based on previous ones I've done and just did it by time per #.  I had one that was 8.25# and the other was 9.35#.  Last one I did was 10#+ and it took a little more than 13 hours to get to 195*. So I added a little time for the 2nd one and took the 8.25# one out 15 hours. And then left the 9.35#er in for another hour and a half by itself.   Everyone at my party last night just raved about how awesome it was.   Really happy with how they turned out.  I also used a different dry rub and bonder this time. Really made a nice bark.  I used all natural honey and a dry rub I've used on turkey before.  Brown sugar, white sugar, black pepper, white pepper, salt, onion powder and garlic powder.  Was ridiculous with the sugar and honey. 

Only way to eat a pulled pork sandwich. My mom made the slaw  

IMG_20171029_152219752_HDR.thumb.jpg.8f229ae0fe3be4d55b5291edead0bead.jpg

Great for nursing a hangover while cleaning up from the party 

Without the slave labor wages 

doesnt walmart pay 12$ an hour or something now???

6 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Less then that

actually its more then that.....the average hourly wage for a full time employee is 13.xx per hour. Have you ever been right ???? !!!!! 11111 :bigfinger:

After that took effect, Walmart said its average hourly rates were "about" $13for full-time employees and $10 for part-time. The company said Wednesday that the second round of wage hikes in February will bring the average hourly wage to $13.38 for full-time workers and $10.58 per hour for part-timers.Jan 20, 2016