***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Yes, 3 hours for babyback ribs, then wrapped with honey and brown sugar for about an hour.

Ok perfect some do the 321 method I seen. Then another hour in sauce or firm up a bit too or do you take them off and let them sit?

5 hours ago, Reevester said:

Ok perfect some do the 321 method I seen. Then another hour in sauce or firm up a bit too or do you take them off and let them sit?

I do the 3-2-1 method for regular spares. For babybacks I do 3-1-1, sometimes I don't need to go the full hour at the end.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ckf said:

I do the 3-2-1 method for regular spares. For babybacks I do 3-1-1, sometimes I don't need to go the full hour at the end.

How long do you leave them in the oven...... :news: 

3 minutes ago, dz246 said:

How long do you leave them in the oven...... :news: 

I cook ribs once in the oven and have to deal with this shit all the time.

:lol:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dz246 said:

:umad:

GO TO PM, NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol2:

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, ckf said:

When you wrap do you throw in some fluids. I've been putting in some apple cider or I did beer the last time.

Smoked a 3 lbs pork roast on Friday night. It was all trimmed up by the butcher. It was great that it was lean but also a bit tough. Not terrible but not fall apart tender. I think they trimmed out too much of the fat. I'll go back to buying a whole shoulder for next time.

38 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

When you wrap do you throw in some fluids. I've been putting in some apple cider or I did beer the last time.

Smoked a 3 lbs pork roast on Friday night. It was all trimmed up by the butcher. It was great that it was lean but also a bit tough. Not terrible but not fall apart tender. I think they trimmed out too much of the fat. I'll go back to buying a whole shoulder for next time.

Sometimes I do add some apple cider or apple juice if I have some kicking around. I don't think it is necessary as there is always a lot of liquid in the foil when I open it back up. If I'm having baked beans I usually pour a little of the liquid from the foil in the beans for added flavor. I can't wait for some good corn on the cob to start showing up at the market :

19 hours ago, ckf said:

GO TO PM, NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol2:

You mad bro:dunno:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dz246 said:

Be careful, you will get an angry PM from MachCrockpot...... 

I have been getting up at 1:30 am to do a winter fill Pa run, I am tired and cranky so I am up for a cyber PM war if need be, so just bring it LOL:gun:I have wifi and a tablet it truck can old my own at 73mph in the passing lane

Edited by 01mxz800
  • Like 1

Just now, Woodtick said:

Staying hydrated with Widow Maker,Brewed in South Range.:bc:

I drank a 12er of that shit once at my place up there .......great beer .....one of the worst hangovers I've had though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

Becouse real cooks use lump charcoal.:barbeque:

image.jpg

image.jpg

I would recommend a different brand of lump, of all the different brands I've tried that shit is the worst. Odd flavor and doesn't burn well.

Royal Oak is cheap and can be found at Home Depot. I use mostly Rockwood, you can get it at Firecraft.com for $21 a 20lb bag, order $100 worth and you get free shipping. Fogo lump is the best, a bit spendy but it lasts a long time.

Edited by Doos