***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.genesis-ii-e-410-black-lp.1001029769.html

And in Canadian dollars....lol

I'd pop the extra for the 4 burner myself. I had a 3 burner Napoleon and found it always struggled to get hot for doing steaks.

I have a 5 burner Broil King and like it much better.

Put in new burners, ignition, and flavorizer bars this week in my gas Weber E210 circa 2009.  Works like brand new again for $110 in parts and a couple hours of work. Amazing how good of condition it is in considering the abuse it takes.  Small 2 burner so it hardly uses any propane.  Weber is worth the price.

Worked like a rented mule today. Fired up the propane grill. Went to the butcher and not Wallyworld.:finger:

21 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

If you don't cook for a lot of people all the time, you may want to look at the Weber Q320. You can get it up to 500 deg when it's 20 deg out. It's the only propane grill I like cooking on.  It's shaped like a foot ball and holds its heat very well.

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.genesis-ii-e-410-black-lp.1001029769.html

And in Canadian dollars....lol

I'd pop the extra for the 4 burner myself. I had a 3 burner Napoleon and found it always struggled to get hot for doing steaks.

I have a 5 burner Broil King and like it much better.

Ouch.  You guys get fucked over in prices over there. UNFB :flush:

I'm actually going to compare the 2 side by side before I leave.  That way I'll know for sure if I want the 4 burner or not   Wish they would have had the 3 burner put together today when I was there, but they're were sold out 

4 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Worked like a rented mule today. Fired up the propane grill. Went to the butcher and not Wallyworld.:finger:

I thought you Mexicans didn't BBQ?  Couldn't keep the beans from falling thru the grates :lol::lmao:

If you don't cook for a lot of people all the time, you may want to look at the Weber Q320. You can get it up to 500 deg when it's 20 deg out. It's the only propane grill I like cooking on.  It's shaped like a foot ball and holds its heat very well.

Smaller wouldn't be better.   Sometimes I grill for 20+ 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

10 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Ouch.  You guys get fucked over in prices over there. UNFB :flush:

I'm actually going to compare the 2 side by side before I leave.  That way I'll know for sure if I want the 4 burner or not   Wish they would have had the 3 burner put together today when I was there, but they're were sold out 

I thought you Mexicans didn't BBQ?  Couldn't keep the beans from falling thru the grates :lol::lmao:

Smaller wouldn't be better.   Sometimes I grill for 20+ 

I don't have that many friends.:lmao:

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I've got some baby backs smoking on the kettle :bbq:

Beautiful day for it, sunny and 52F.

Have a slab of St Louis ribs in the fridge, I suck at ribs so I'm letting the wife do chicken. Drinking beer and watching the Masters.

Still coming off my high of the epic brisket, don't want to screw it up. Haha

• Like 1

Went to Home Depot tonight. I ended up having them order the Genesis II E-410 4-Burner  instead of taking delivery of the E-310 3-Burner. I didn't like how the grates were on the 310.  The 310 has 2 big grates and the 410 has 3. Much easier to clean and handle.  And also I didn't like how the bottom was compared to the grates. You still had to have 2 burners lit even if you only wanted to cook a small amount.  The could have easily fit 4 burners into the 310 

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Prices on those things are getting out of control .  900 bucks for a little grill like that and it doesn't even have a side burner on it

Both of those are far from little.   Didn't want a side burner.  I've had them on grills before, never use them

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Prices on those things are getting out of control .  900 bucks for a little grill like that and it doesn't even have a side burner on it

i think i use the sideburner on my original genesis C about 20 times in 15 years usually if it's outside cooking needing a burner i use the turkey fryer

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i think i use the sideburner on my original genesis C about 20 times in 15 years usually if it's outside cooking needing a burner i use the turkey fryer

Id use my side burner to cook onions a mushrooms....but i find they taste and cook better wrapped in tinfoil on the grill.

1 minute ago, Doos said:

I'll bet that'll be really good.

I hope so. When I looked up there run mix there were several different recipes so I just picked one and hoped for the best.