***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

22 minutes ago, dz246 said:

Wonder which one smales prefers.... :stirthepot::pc:

@Biggie Smails hasn't got a clue what he's missing. If someone could go over to his house, take his hand and walk him through it, he would see how easy it is to make smoked ribs. Any takers?

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 3/17/2017 at 8:53 AM, ckf said:

I usually buy whatever is on sale, but prefer spares to BB :bc:

Same. Usually babybacks in the sale freezer.

while the results of the brine soak on the small beef prime rib was not what I was hoping for it was tasty but will not soak as long next time, but the pork rib done in the oven was awesome

Took a whole fillet.....no seasoning or anything. On the smoker for an hour at 225 ...pulled it and cut up steaks and seasoned half with my prime rib recipe and the other half with montreal and s&p. Seared them at 700 for under 60 seconds.

Perfection

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Took a whole fillet.....no seasoning or anything. On the smoker for an hour at 225 ...pulled it and cut up steaks and seasoned half with my prime rib recipe and the other half with montreal and s&p. Seared them at 700 for under 60 seconds.

Perfection

Just seasoned up a couple of 2" thick porterhouse. Doing a reverse sear as well.

Best way to cook a steak.

• Like 1

Just now, Doos said:

Just seasoned up a couple of 2" thick porterhouse. Doing a reverse sear as well.

Best way to cook a steak.

Absolutely ......there is no other way that imparts that flavor. I have taken to smoking with chunks of cherry wood. I love the flavor it gives. Not as in your face as hickory or oak. I love it on beef

Just now, f7ben said:

Absolutely ......there is no other way that imparts that flavor. I have taken to smoking with chunks of cherry wood. I love the flavor it gives. Not as in your face as hickory or oak. I love it on beef

I love hickory and oak on anything beef, big fan of heavy smoke flavor.

Using post oak on these, pretty mellow oak flavor. California red oak is really unique as well, now im torn might want to use that instead. 

• Like 1

Just now, Doos said:

Get yourself some cast iron Ben

I have a beautiful cast iron pan and I use it often ......its taken the last couple years to get my seasoning where I like it and I am in love with the pan now. My egg has cast grates so that was good enough for this AA milk cow :lol:

• Like 1