(d)etoilet police suspend two officers after fatal high speed chase

• Platinum Contributing Member

I agree with the statement below but I don't get the no high speed chase rule "unless they are known to have committed a violent felony" BS.  Running from the cops at 100 mph thru a residential area is a violent felony in my book.

“Those two officers should be suspended without pay and then terminated, if they tried to cover this thing up,” Reed said. “The message has to be sent that policy has to be followed. If you can’t follow policy, then go get a job doing something else.”

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I agree with the statement below but I don't get the no high speed chase rule "unless they are known to have committed a violent felony" BS.  Running from the cops at 100 mph thru a residential area is a violent felony in my book.

“Those two officers should be suspended without pay and then terminated, if they tried to cover this thing up,” Reed said. “The message has to be sent that policy has to be followed. If you can’t follow policy, then go get a job doing something else.”

No matter how heinous of a person or the threat they impose on the public, the police will be held responsible in the event they injure innocent people.

Right or wrong, just the way it is.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Cold War said:

No matter how heinous of a person or the threat they impose on the public, the police will be held responsible in the event they injure innocent people.

Right or wrong, just the way it is.  

Yep.   Even if they stop the chase and the person goes and shoots people its still "their" fault.  HSC's are a no win for the police.