George Soros purchased 42 million of put options on MGM stock prior to the Vegas Shooting

jtssrx

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It’s takes a certain perseverance to eliminate an entire culture of people through terror, torture, and dismemberment. How cool is it that a culture would actually kill their own children rather than have them meet the men of Chris and his brothers. 

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

No shit? What do you think that means? 

I know what it means, and it as usual, doesn't make the Democrats look very good  

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

What does it mean Mark?

Strictly from an investment standpoint put options value increase as the value of the underlying stock decreases.

Just another conspiracy but if Soro's "knew" or was "behind" the attack put options on MGM would be a financial gain if MGM stock price dropped because of the attack.  

Pretty weak conspiracy considering the stock didn't drop in value much (5%) after the attack.   Not sure if that means Soro's made the $2 million or not because he would have had to sell in order for it to work.  

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Strictly from an investment standpoint put options value increase as the value of the underlying stock decreases.

Just another conspiracy but if Soro's "knew" or was "behind" the attack put options on MGM would be a financial gain if MGM stock price dropped because of the attack.  

Pretty weak conspiracy considering the stock didn't drop in value much (5%) after the attack.   Not sure if that means Soro's made the $2 million or not because he would have had to sell in order for it to work.  

:lol:

If you look these wall street jews are usually ahead of everything. A girl I know married one of those derivative traders in New York who bet on all of those banks failing. Dude is a billionaire now and doesnt work.  

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

If you look these wall street jews are usually ahead of everything. A girl I know married one of those derivative traders in New York who bet on all of those banks failing. Dude is a billionaire now and doesnt work.  

I don't think the whole housing/financial crash took that big of genius to predict.   Maybe the enormity of it but not that it was going to happen.  I was building at the time of the crash and had pulled virtually everything out of the markets prior to.   I was nervous as hell about the housing market and figured when it fell it would make a large correction in the markets.  I decided to cash out and put the money into the house instead of a larger mortgage.   Saved me a tremendous amount of money at the time.  

29 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I don't think the whole housing/financial crash took that big of genius to predict.   Maybe the enormity of it but not that it was going to happen.  I was building at the time of the crash and had pulled virtually everything out of the markets prior to.   I was nervous as hell about the housing market and figured when it fell it would make a large correction in the markets.  I decided to cash out and put the money into the house instead of a larger mortgage.   Saved me a tremendous amount of money at the time.  

Oh sure it was. All of those big banks have dozens or more phd's and shit who they pay to watch this stuff. They were all getting drunk on the bundling part of it to see the forest thru the trees. And besides it would probably be insider trading if they did act on it. Cause a problem that you profit from that will ultimately fail and you then profit from that? All as planned? I dont think that is a very healthy business model. At least not for everyone else in the market. 

And the sick thing is this is how the markets used to operate, hence the "need" for a federal reserve. Big banks would cause big runs in the market and then cause crashes. When everyone took a shit they would swoop in and gobble up assets at pennies on the dollar. Hence the consumer protection reforms that followed. Now what is happening? They want to repeal those protections. What could go wrong? 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Oh sure it was. All of those big banks have dozens or more phd's and shit who they pay to watch this stuff. They were all getting drunk on the bundling part of it to see the forest thru the trees. And besides it would probably be insider trading if they did act on it. Cause a problem that you profit from that will ultimately fail and you then profit from that? All as planned? I dont think that is a very healthy business model. At least not for everyone else in the market. 

And the sick thing is this is how the markets used to operate, hence the "need" for a federal reserve. Big banks would cause big runs in the market and then cause crashes. When everyone took a shit they would swoop in and gobble up assets at pennies on the dollar. Hence the consumer protection reforms that followed. Now what is happening? They want to repeal those protections. What could go wrong? 

I was simply referring to what real estate was doing.   It didn't take a PHD to see 1000 sq foot ranches in average neighborhoods of LA going for $600K wouldn't last.  I was working with some engineers from there at that time and the info they were sharing made it pretty clear it couldn't last.  

Just now, Highmark said:

I was simply referring to what real estate was doing.   It didn't take a PHD to see 1000 sq foot ranches in average neighborhoods of LA going for $600K wouldn't last.  I was working with some engineers from there at that time and the info they were sharing made it pretty clear it couldn't last.  

Didnt stop anything. BTW, its happening again, home prices around here are getting stupid. And in Illinois they are selling with YUGE property tax bills on them. What could go wrong? The smart people are moving over by me. Building 900 new homes just to the south of me. Not sure I like that :lol:

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Didnt stop anything. BTW, its happening again, home prices around here are getting stupid. And in Illinois they are selling with YUGE property tax bills on them. What could go wrong? The smart people are moving over by me. Building 900 new homes just to the south of me. Not sure I like that :lol:

Good thing to watch is housing prices rising much more rapid than rent.   Sign of a bubble.  

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

I got the investment part of it, the conspiracy like all conspiracies is weak :bc: 

29 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yep, it sure is.

11 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I got the investment part of it, the conspiracy like all conspiracies is weak :bc: 

Agreed.  

12 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Yep, it sure is.

I am really considering saying fuck it and selling my house in this new bubble. The only thing stopping us is these stupid kids...