From the WTF files. Convicted rapist gets joint custody of victim's child

• Platinum Contributing Member

Unfuckingbelievable.  :wall:  My first question is how the fuck is the guy out of jail after raping a 13 yo girl?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/10/09/z-rapist-christopher-mirasolo-joint-custody-victims-child/746374001/

Convicted rapist gets joint custody of victim's child

SALT LAKE CITY (KUTV) - A judge has awarded a convicted rapist parenting time and joint legal custody of a child he conceived with a girl he raped when she was 12, according to our sister station KUTV. He was also later convicted of another sexual assault on a child, according to media reports.

The man, Christopher Mirasolo, 27, was awarded joint legal custody of an 8-year-old boy, nine years after he was convicted of raping the child's mother, after a DNA test established paternity of the child, said the victim's attorney. The Detroit News reported on the case that has another hearing scheduled for Oct. 25.

The case is believed to be the first of its kind in Michigan and possibly the country.

“This is insane,” said attorney Rebecca Kiessling to The Detroit News, who filed objections Friday with Judge Gregory S. Ross. “Nothing has been right about this since it was originally investigated. He was never properly charged and should still be sitting behind bars somewhere, but the system is victimizing my client, who was a child herself when this all happened.”

Kiessling said Mirasolo forcibly raped and threatened to kill her client, who is now 21. Mirasolo was 18 when the crime occurred in September 2008.

Kiessling said the victim, her 13-year-old sister, and a friend left their houses one night to meet a boy. Mirasolo, the boy's older friend, asked the kids if they wanted to go for a ride.

“They thought they were going to McDonald’s or somewhere. Instead, he tossed their cellphones away, drove to Detroit where he stole gas from a station and then drove back to Sanilac County, where he kept them captive for two days in a vacant house near a relative, finally releasing the older sister in a park. He threatened to kill them if they told anyone what happened,” Kiessling said.

The girl was pregnant a month later when Mirasolo was arrested.

With Mirasolo facing 25 years to life for the assault, the Sanilac County Prosecutor's Office provided a plea for attempted third-degree criminal sexual conduct. Mirasolo served six months of his one-year sentence before his release.

Ross, according to the report, gave the victim's address to Mirasolo and ordered that his name be added to the birth certificate -- without the victim's consent or even a hearing according to Kiessling.

Kiessling also said the judge ordered that the victim not be allowed to move 100 miles from where she had been living when the case was filed without consent from the court.

After he was released, Mirasolo was convicted of sex assault on a victim between the ages of 13 and 15 years old. He is said to have served four years for that offense.

The girl was urged to have an abortion or give the child up for adoption but according to her attorney, she didn't want the baby to be a victim, too.

“She dropped out of school, went to live with relatives out of state and worked jobs to try and support herself,” Kiessling said.

Sexual assault victims are not named, according to Detroit News and KUTV policy.

Mirasolo’s attorney said it wasn't clear if her client would have any future involvement with the child.

Edited by Highmark

8 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Jesus I sure hope there is more to this story...

The bold alone is disturbing as fuck.  

Just now, T1R9sledder said:

This story is definitely  in the WTF category.

The judge gave the rapist the address of the victim and child!   Fucking guy should be thrown in jail besides being removed from the bench.  

For some reason, the county connected her to Mirasolo and a DNA test was taken. It appears the county was searching for a reason to kick her and her son off the food stamp program so they did all of this without her consent.

Well, despite the fact that Mirasolo is the victim’s rapist, Sanilac County Circuit Judge Gregory S. Ross gave him joint custody of child, ordered the victim to move back to Michigan, and gave her address to Mirasolo.

In other words, Judge Ross just put a woman’s life in danger and endangered a child.

And by giving Mirasolo joint custody, he is allowing a rapist to continue terrorizing his victim.

“I think this is all crazy,” the victim told The Detroit News. “They never explained anything to me. I was receiving about $260 a month in food stamps for me and my son and health insurance for him. I guess they were trying to see how to get some of the money back.”

http://addictinginfo.com/2017/10/07/conservative-dream-come-true-judge-grants-rapist-joint-custody-of-victims-child/