wild boars

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Those are REAL wild Russian boars, in Europe. Their tusks will rip your leg open in a heartbeat, and if they catch your femoral artery, you could bleed out in the field. 

34 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I guess you have to carry a hunting rifle and a rather large caliber hand gun when you go after them as smaller caliber rounds just bounce off their skull.

penetration is an issue with the larger hogs. the problem most have is they target them like a deer. shooting behind the shoulder. a hogs vitals are lower and more forward. i think that’s why hogs are deemed bulletproof. they really aren’t. 

37 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

penetration is an issue with the larger hogs. the problem most have is they target them like a deer. shooting behind the shoulder. a hogs vitals are lower and more forward. i think that’s why hogs are deemed bulletproof. they really aren’t. 

Yes but like your video shows they take a few bullets and keep on going.  I would add that the height and shape of them makes it so you are shooting into the thick areas of a hog where they are designed to take hits.  

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

Yes but like your video shows they take a few bullets and keep on going.  I would add that the height and shape of them makes it so you are shooting into the thick areas of a hog where they are designed to take hits.  

i’ve hunted hogs in tennessee on three occasions using an ar15 with a 65 gram bonded round. i dropped the hogs with one shot. having a good grasp of anatomy is a big plus. ive heard stories where two 12 gauge slugs passed though a hog from behind the shoulder shots. the hog simply ran off. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe