Gutted Tesla P100D sets electric sedan record, dusts muscle cars

6 hours ago, n2oiroc said:

Shit, a new camry will dust nearly every stock muscle car.

I test drove a Tesla P100D and I did a launch in Ludicrous mode, the acceleration was incredible and I was still smiling several hours later whenever I thought about it. I thought about getting one for my DD but I chose a CT6 with a twin turbo.

3 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I've never owned an mini van, never will 

:finger: 

You just posted you have a Flex???? That's a family truckster , please don't knock out the Chicklets of the messenger.:lol::lmao::lol:

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

You just posted you have a Flex???? That's a family truckster , please don't knock out the Chicklets of the messenger.:lol::lmao::lol:

Nope, it's not a minivan. Not even in the same classification as a minivan.  And it's not mine 

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Nope, it's not a minivan. Not even in the same classification as a minivan.  And it's not mine 

Nothing wrong with owning a mini van. You have a young family ,no need to get all hot about it.:bc:

10 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Nothing wrong with owning a mini van. 

You have a young family ,no need to get all hot about it.:bc:

Sure, if that's what you want to drive. Not everyone wants a minivan.  

Young family? :dunno: I only have one and he'll be 17 in 2 months and a day.  

24 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Will be interesting if Tesla can survive the model 3 debacle....  The wheels may be coming off the ponzi scheme.

Poor Bohica............. :lol: 

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-tesla-is-struggling-to-make-model-3-2017-10/#2-the-model-3-is-all-new-production-2

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Assembling and banging aluminum into shape by hand.  Not really assembly line process and not capable for the masses from a company that has never turned a profit...  Tesla religion is the only reason they are afloat....  the powerful message that Musk delivers will make the followers due anything to keep that message alive.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/10/tesla-delays-big-rig-tries-ramp-model-3-production-report-hand-built-parts-surfaces/

58 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I test drove a Tesla P100D and I did a launch in Ludicrous mode, the acceleration was incredible and I was still smiling several hours later whenever I thought about it. I thought about getting one for my DD but I chose a CT6 with a twin turbo.

This just came across my FB. Be careful on some of those two tracks.:bc:

IMG_3244.JPG

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I think he's calling you GAY. 

Those cars are fast as fucks right outta the box. Whooped that hellcat on a roll to boot. I think it's safe to assume if you are serious about drag racing electric may be the future. Such new technology coming out and dominating like that you can't dismiss it. 

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Those cars are fast as fucks right outta the box. Whooped that hellcat on a roll to boot. I think it's safe to assume if you are serious about drag racing electric may be the future. Such new technology coming out and dominating like that you can't dismiss it. 

Cheaper to get into racing too.

anyone here race slot cars when you were a kid? We had a hobby shop within walking distance with a huge 6 lane slot track. We would buy all kinds of go fast parts and motors. Grippy liquid for the tires.

Not my car but it looked like this with no body

75351882-57C1-4D80-BF53-213993804F05.jpeg

5 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Nothing wrong with owning a mini van. You have a young family ,no need to get all hot about it.:bc:

he'll I loved my awd Astro and wish they stillsold them . used it for 3 yrs as a daily driver then used for 10 as a,work truck and still got 1500 for it with almost 260k on her 

7 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Assembling and banging aluminum into shape by hand.  Not really assembly line process and not capable for the masses from a company that has never turned a profit...  Tesla religion is the only reason they are afloat....  the powerful message that Musk delivers will make the followers due anything to keep that message alive.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/10/tesla-delays-big-rig-tries-ramp-model-3-production-report-hand-built-parts-surfaces/

They are afloat because of how innovative elon is and what he has accomplished. Tesla isnt going anywhere.

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Cheaper to get into racing too.

anyone here race slot cars when you were a kid? We had a hobby shop within walking distance with a huge 6 lane slot track. We would buy all kinds of go fast parts and motors. Grippy liquid for the tires.

Not my car but it looked like this with no body

75351882-57C1-4D80-BF53-213993804F05.jpeg

I raced them for years on the commercial tracks here in Ont.  I won a ton of races and championships along the way. A buddy nicknamed me Smokin George from the slotcar racing. 

12 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I raced them for years on the commercial tracks here in Ont.  I won a ton of races and championships along the way. A buddy nicknamed me Smokin George from the slotcar racing. 

Good times. I need to find a local track and get the boys together. Maybe a place that sells liquor? Lol

Just now, Mainecat said:

Good times. I need to find a local track and get the boys together. Maybe a place that sells liquor? Lol

There's a hobby shop 1 1/2 away with 3 tracks in it. I contacted them and asked him if he was hosting any races. Said he had about 15 local guys that hang around there and was going to start up some races. He said he doesn't spray glue the track and they run urethane tire. I have no idea what they are as we only ran foam tires. Should be interesting when I check it out. I might open up my own place if I can get decent rent on about 5K sq ft and put in 2 tracks and a dragstrip. I ran a racing series years ago that was very successful that paid out decent money and we were running btwn 2 locations with the same track. We rented the tracks and gave them btwn 3-4K for the day and the greedy track owners assoc wanted us to race all the locations. Fkn greedy assholes are all gone now

40 minutes ago, smokin george said:

There's a hobby shop 1 1/2 away with 3 tracks in it. I contacted them and asked him if he was hosting any races. Said he had about 15 local guys that hang around there and was going to start up some races. He said he doesn't spray glue the track and they run urethane tire. I have no idea what they are as we only ran foam tires. Should be interesting when I check it out. I might open up my own place if I can get decent rent on about 5K sq ft and put in 2 tracks and a dragstrip. I ran a racing series years ago that was very successful that paid out decent money and we were running btwn 2 locations with the same track. We rented the tracks and gave them btwn 3-4K for the day and the greedy track owners assoc wanted us to race all the locations. Fkn greedy assholes are all gone now

If you can have a bar with the track it would really work.