Please Stop With the Conspiracy Theories Surrounding the Las Vegas Shooting

SSFB

https://townhall.com/notebook/stevesheldon/2017/10/05/please-stop-with-the-conspiracy-theories-regarding-the-las-vegas-shooting-n2390700

1.  How did he get that many weapons into his room without being noticed?  

A: With a luggage cart and ten suitcases over 3 days.

2.  How did he fire off that many rounds without training?  

A: A monkey can pull a trigger; and, who says he didn't have practice?

3. How was he able to kill that many people in such a short time?  

A: He had 11 minutes firing on near full-auto (using a bump fire device) into a crowd of people that had no idea where the fire was coming from.

4.  Why did he have so many weapons?  

A: First, he was a psychopath. Clark County Sheriff Joseph Lombardo said it best, "No Ma'am, I can't get into the mind of a psychopath at this point." 

Second, he probably thought he would be there for an extended period of time and perhaps thought he would heat up one or more guns. Maybe he wasn't good at changing magazines? Again, first answer is always a fit. Seriously, how can we apply reason to a psychopath?

5. How did he get his hands on fully automatic firearms?  

A: Investigation has determined that he had bump fire or slide fire devices on 12 of his firearms, which make them sound like a full-auto and operate much like a full-auto. They are approved by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and are easily available (until now).

6.  How was he able to remove a window with 800 pounds of hurricane glass without training? (I know, seriously, this was a question.) 

A: With a hammer.

7. How did he get up 32 floors with 400 pounds of equipment?  

A: With an elevator and luggage cart.

8.  What about the sounds of gunfire coming from other directions?  

A:  It was an echo. 

9. How does one man come to own $100K worth of weapons without being noticed?  

A: He was rich.  As far as what we know right now, all guns were purchased legally over a period of time from multiple vendors.  Every dealer and serious collector at a gun show has that many or more, and they are not psychopathic mass murderer candidates.

10: How is it possible that he killed/injured so many in such a short time...without training?

A:  He was able to fire uninhibited an unreported number of rounds into a massive crowd, where he couldn't miss hitting something. When we know more, it is likely that many of the injuries were not from gunfire but from the panic that ensued. However, considering the rate of fire and the mass of the crowd, it wouldn't be the least bit unreasonable to think that 50-70% of the bullets hit something.

11. What gun laws could have prevented this?  

A: None. He had no criminal background.

12. What about laws preventing mentally ill people from getting firearms?  

A: How does one accurately measure another's current mental stability or future propensity to become a psychopath among the group of every potential firearm purchaser?

13. What about the unidentified and unverified woman who told the crowd that a lot of people were going to die?  

Possible answers: 1. It is made up nonsense. 2. She was drunk.

14. What about the shots coming from other floors?  

A. Echoes, reflections of other things, strobe lights, reflections of the shooter across multiple reflective surfaces (Las Vegas is mostly glass)... 

Response questions:  Where in these locations was glass broken?  Where in these locations were reports of gunfire from adjacent rooms? (That's how the shooter was quickly located.) How did these mysterious shooters so quickly police up all their brass and keep the fire alarms from going off with all the smoke?

15. How did the shooter manage to record a video of himself?

A.  Ummmmm, I don't know, a tripod?

Finally, some questions for the conspiracy theorists.

How do hundreds of law enforcement officers secretly conspire to cover up evidence in one of the nation's worst modern massacres?  What would be their motivation? Would conspiracy advocates be satisfied when they see video evidence of the shooter by himself committing the act and ending it by putting a gun in his mouth?

I could go on, but you get the picture.  Please folks, stop with the conspiracy insanity and let the investigators do their jobs.  Seriously, just stop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I thought I heard he used multiple weapons because some had jammed not being designed to fire at that rate :dunno: the thing I find odd is that a guy with obvious means couldn't have obtained actual automatic weapons :news: 

5 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

YouTube is pushing these conspiracy results down the list of search results.  Crazy how people think everything is a conspiracy.

The fact that youtube is selecting the order in which results should be displayed is in and of itself a conspiracy and those actions are meant to fuel further trust issues with mainstream anything

1 minute ago, Momorider said:

I thought I heard he used multiple weapons because some had jammed not being designed to fire at that rate :dunno: the thing I find odd is that a guy with obvious means couldn't have obtained actual automatic weapons :news: 

are you retarded??? possessing or obtaining automatic weapons is a big deal.....like life in prison big deal ......also any good ar15 will cycle 1000's of rounds at any rate before malfunction.....you will lose accuracy as the barrel heats but they will cycle unless you are using junk clips or otherwise. The AR itself is bullet proof so to speak 

5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

lol

I was right all along and you were completely wrong.....get over it. Next time stick to things you know and try not to argue guns with someone who has 1000000x more experience than you

6 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Guy I know brought bump stock 223 semi auto here about 6-7 years ago, it shot very fast and was quite accurate, I took a couple pics.

:lol: it shot marginally faster than by conventional means and just because it put a few rounds into the tree that was 20' away does not mean it was accurate 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

:lol: it shot marginally faster than by conventional means and just because it put a few rounds into the tree that was 20' away does not mean it was accurate 

He was shooting +/- 200 feet at targets he set up in my woods.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

He was shooting +/- 200 feet at targets he set up in my woods.

and what was he shooting ..... 2" moa  ......come on Don......a lot of us here shoot quite a bit and know all there is to know about these things

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

and what was he shooting ..... 2" moa  ......come on Don......a lot of us here shoot quite a bit and know all there is to know about these things

I don't know the minute of angle, just that it was quite accurate

I shoot several 1000 rounds every couple months so I just might know a little bit about shooting.

I belonged to 4 gun clubs in SE Wisconsin when I lived there, shot just about everything that was legal.

Edited by XCR1250
  • Like 1

Just now, XCR1250 said:

I shoot several 1000 rounds every couple months so I just might know a little bit about shooting.

at 60 yards and bumping a 30rd clip I would be shocked if more than a few rounds hit a man sized target

• Platinum Contributing Member
43 minutes ago, Momorider said:

More than likely it's due to the magazine not being able to feed..Lots of crap mags out there..

Unless your meeting Holder in an alley, full auto is not something that is readily available, and as Behn said, you are going away for a long time..A full auto m16..You're talking 15k-20k in a private sale between two FFL's 

Edited by Rigid1

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

More than likely it's due to the magazine not being able to feed..Lots of crap mags out there..

Yup ....shit mags suck. Its why I sold my mini-14 .......ruger mags were tough to come by and all the aftermarkets jammed non stop 

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

at 60 yards and bumping a 30rd clip I would be shocked if more than a few rounds hit a man sized target

Agreed, just the amount of slop

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

But of course the target was 15 acres of wall to wall people with the shooter in an elevated position. :lol: 

from 500 yards....I understand that math isnt your strong suit.....but a man size target at say 50 yards may provide the same sight picture as a crowd at 500 yards or more

just quit dude.....you are well outclassed in this argument 

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

from 500 yards....I understand that math isnt your strong suit.....but a man size target at say 50 yards may provide the same sight picture as a crowd at 500 yards or more

just quit dude.....you are well outclassed in this argument 

He was 1000 feet from the front of the stage. Middle of arena was 1350 feet. It’s amazing that he was able to hit anyone. :lol:

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

He was 1000 feet from the front of the stage. Middle of arena was 1350 feet. 

Yeah, 400-500yds as we all have said,  your point

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Yeah, 400-500yds as we all have said,  your point

Oh now it’s suddenly 400 instead of 500 yards. Hell, let’s just make it 700. You do understand that 1000 ft is closer to 300 yds than 400 or 500?

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Oh now it’s suddenly 400 instead of 500 yards. Hell, let’s just make it 700. 

Dude, it's been well discussed,  people hit were between 400-500yds..

They kinda mark where they were standing, hits on the ground, hits on other objects and then range it..that part about guns you see on tv is true