Snowtech 2017 sled of the year

Polaris switchback assault!

I find this very interesting as snowtrax had it tied with the Doo 850 for sled of the year and snowgoer also gave it rave reviews. But take a look at what snowtech has to say about it.

"Arguably  one of the single best all around snowmobiles ever built" 

I never even considered one before but after reading many if the reviews lately it seems everyone who rides it falls in love with it. 

IMG_20171004_210719583.jpg

Edited by Anler
  • Like 1

It’s a better trail sled than most of the crossovers. Even if your into off trail mostly everyone loves a good blast down the trail. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Even with the old motor and shitty skid, it was still a good sled.  New motor, all the AXYS improvements....not a big surprise it won SOTY

This^^^^^^^ 

Both my sons bought 17 assaults,,,, 1 has the cobra the other has the 2.0". Took them both out for blasts last year,,,yes they are the real deal. I give my "set up for me" 15 SB pro s the edge for trail riding,,, but it won't hold a candle to the assault off trail. Better "all around sled" without a doubt. The 2" tracked assault is a fucking riot!!!

• Like 1

Was hoping to head up to Epping this weekend, 3 day grass drag, water cross and swap meet extravaganza.  The goal was to sell the SKS, old Yam and end up with a leftover or new SBA.  But have a work event Saturday :flush: 

11 hours ago, Anler said:

Polaris switchback assault!

I find this very interesting as snowtrax had it tied with the Doo 850 for sled of the year and snowgoer also gave it rave reviews. But take a look at what snowtech has to say about it.

"Arguably  one of the single best all around snowmobiles ever built" 

I never even considered one before but after reading many if the reviews lately it seems everyone who rides it falls in love with it. 

IMG_20171004_210719583.jpg

Pretty awesome sled.  I'm going to ride my 15 SBA one more year and I got an m8000 for off-trail days maybe next year trade them both for a new SBA.

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, Anler said:

Sounds like the only beef is stiff shock valving. Something that can be easily fixed. I would love to ride one of these sleds!

I’m surprised they haven’t fixed that yet as my 14 was pretty soft and I also installed heavier torsions but not a big deal considering that the rest of the sled is so good.:thumb:

Oops misread your post....apparently they did fix the soft valving. :lol:

Edited by Biggie Smails

32 minutes ago, bussman said:

Plopping your giant ass on the seat will soften it up instantly. :owned: 

Said right in the article it’s only a real problem for those under 200. So yeah, eat up boys. :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Said right in the article it’s only a real problem for those under 200. So yeah, eat up boys. :lol: 

Well I am getting close to 200 so looks like the perfect sled for CF Lummox. Except he may be able to ride an entire weekend on the same sled. Not sure if thats his thing...  

20 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well I am getting close to 200 so looks like the perfect sled for CF Lummox. Except he may be able to ride an entire weekend on the same sled. Not sure if thats his thing...  

3XL butthurt level noted. :owned: 

Close to 200..... :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Buttheads head is close to 50 alone. Oddly enough completely void of brain material :lol: 

He keeps riding exploding sleds. Something ain't right there. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

He keeps riding exploding sleds. Something ain't right there. 

Riding an exploding sled is one thing if its a fucking awesome piece of winning .....Buttmans sled is slower than a 600 , runs out of gas after 45 miles and is generally an embarrassment to the sport .....I dont think I would endure the exploding if I was him !!!!!!!!!!!!11111

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Riding an exploding sled is one thing if its a fucking awesome piece of winning .....Buttmans sled is slower than a 600 , runs out of gas after 45 miles and is generally an embarrassment to the sport .....I dont think I would endure the exploding if I was him !!!!!!!!!!!!11111

He needs to switch brands. He should ride poo. They are making some good sleds these days and he is just too hillbilly and unsophisticated to ride a Doo. !!!!1111