Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 12/4/2017 at 1:49 PM, Renegade X said:

Where in Florida is your place?  My old man is in Bradenton.  Heading down in Feb sometime with my bike to ride to Key West. Too bad you're getting out, bikes are the best!

The place isn't mine, its hers and its in Lakeland.

The plan was to ride down to Key West from there but 8 hours seemed too long of a ride to be comfortable. Instead,  I trailered the bike to a 24 hr Walmart in Florida City which was right on US 1, unloaded the bike and locked the truck,  then rode the 3 hours or so to Key West. They are still cleaning up the mess along the highway. Piles of garbage and debris from south of Key Largo to about 15 minutes outside of Key West.

Cool to say I rode it but the drive would have been just as nice in a truck since its not sbout the road but the scenery.

If you can, make a stop for lunch or at least a beer at Alabama Jack's. Its a popular biker spot out in the middle of nothing.

Looks like my wife and I will be off to Florida some time this winter for a couple of weeks.... she won the debate. Headed to Haines City Florida. Friends place is on a golf course. Neither one of us are golfers though. With any luck it can be timed to not interfere with snowmobile season.

19 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Looks like my wife and I will be off to Florida some time this winter for a couple of weeks.... she won the debate. Headed to Haines City Florida. Friends place is on a golf course. Neither one of us are golfers though. With any luck it can be timed to not interfere with snowmobile season.

Watch out for the croc's....parents are in the same area and in a retirement community with a golf course.

If the year is good for sledding, might as well sell those sleds and get top dollar, your sledding days are done with this lost battle......

37 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Watch out for the croc's....parents are in the same area and in a retirement community with a golf course.

If the year is good for sledding, might as well sell those sleds and get top dollar, your sledding days are done with this lost battle......

You mean like this one. As for giving up sledding... not happening any time soon. In essence I agreed to going when our local trails close for the season.

We will be going to our friends in the Sweetwater Golf and Tennis Club.

Many years ago when I was young and foolish I drove to Orlando area to pick up a horse with a friend. We left Friday morning and arrived Saturday morning. 4 hours on 4 hours off driving. We went to the all girl rodeo that afternoon, prepped the trailer for an early Sunday departure. Came out to load the horse and a gator had crawled into the horse trailer and was asleep on the wood shavings on the floor. We were kind of anxious about it but the guy that lived there had a not again attitude. He ties a rope to the tail hanging out the back of the trailer, tells us to pull the truck ahead. The gator plops out of the trailer and onto the ground, thrashes the tail a couple of times, snaps the rope and heads back to the marsh.

Edited by 02sled

8 hours ago, yarddawg said:

I'm thinking about doing that in April, but fly to Ft. Lauderdale and rent. Alabama Jacks, thumbs up, thanks!

A1F639B4-6DC7-410C-8F6A-E8F9991138DA.thumb.jpeg.1b10487cfc7164b12f335ab0c3a12419.jpeg

9888992E-4BD1-48F3-A94E-CBF070C865FD.thumb.jpeg.e1284fd031b1f009ce8b53c23d399d70.jpeg

yes, I wore a jacket and helmet, old habits.

14 hours ago, Blackstar said:

A1F639B4-6DC7-410C-8F6A-E8F9991138DA.thumb.jpeg.1b10487cfc7164b12f335ab0c3a12419.jpeg

9888992E-4BD1-48F3-A94E-CBF070C865FD.thumb.jpeg.e1284fd031b1f009ce8b53c23d399d70.jpeg

yes, I wore a jacket and helmet, old habits.

I know its bad, but I cant be bothered to wear my jacket or gloves unless its raining. 

I toss on the joe rocket kevlar like blue jeans because they are actually super comfy. Then a normal t shirt or tank. I get too hot otherwise...

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

I know its bad, but I cant be bothered to wear my jacket or gloves unless its raining. 

I toss on the joe rocket kevlar like blue jeans because they are actually super comfy. Then a normal t shirt or tank. I get too hot otherwise...

This was all highway and I have the liner removed.

I had several friends who crashed when I was younger. 2 guys on a GPZ going swimming only had on t shirts and shorts when they laid the bike down. They spent days in hospital having gravel picked from their skin. Backs, legs, hands. I never went with out a jacket or gloves since.

Di wore a full face helmet but she doesn't have a choice. She'd have a broken nose other wise. Everytime I hit the brakes, CLUNK....lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yarddawg said:

Looks like I better rent a Harley and not an Indian!!!

I didn't see many Indians down there. Mostly Harleys and then a mix of Goldwings, adventure bikes and Victorys.

I did see several Spyders, Harley and Goldwing Trikes and 3 Slingshots.

And this was the first time I actually seen custom choppers going down the road rather than in a show.

Seen a couple on the highway and a real beauty going down the strip near St Pete's.

Edited by Blackstar

Season is off to a good start. Put some laps in on a Track and started feeling comfortable jumping my sled again. 

Rode a friends new 2018 skidoo rs. The etec race motor is really weird but that new chassis is sweet. The ‘shot’ button changes it from pump gas to race mode, pretty trick

2D12C96B-2CDA-471C-B941-515838E8FF5A.jpeg

1A5A5DAC-D804-48C2-95BE-54AB44DE25DC.jpeg

• Like 1