dirtybeacher

Winter 2018

Recommended Posts

Last look @ the neighbourhood on the drive home

20180319_102544.thumb.jpg.85a43aedb83fca175a3fa8618dc2ac2c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29432944_1786319968095014_85212536454156

Please beware of a stranded vehicle on the Tops A trail west of the intersection for the A/135 trails at Deep River. We are trying to locate the owner in order to make arrangements to have it removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw a few 4 wheelers this weekend that had cut up some great trails. Looks like there are couple more weekends at my place, conditions have not been better.

Edited by Poncho
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

29432944_1786319968095014_85212536454156

Please beware of a stranded vehicle on the Tops A trail west of the intersection for the A/135 trails at Deep River. We are trying to locate the owner in order to make arrangements to have it removed.

Nice 3 point turn .......

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

29432944_1786319968095014_85212536454156

Please beware of a stranded vehicle on the Tops A trail west of the intersection for the A/135 trails at Deep River. We are trying to locate the owner in order to make arrangements to have it removed.

Trans X driver on his day off?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.aca7436955fdbddb16fe3aa3a114005d.png

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have a few used old, dead or ripped tracks for the inside of a trailer for sale?

what about an old truck bed liner?

close to the GTA

I need to do the inside of a new trailer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Taillight said:

Does anyone have a few used old, dead or ripped tracks for the inside of a trailer for sale?

what about an old truck bed liner?

close to the GTA

I need to do the inside of a new trailer

I think I still have the original off the formula deluxe.  Free if you want it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Taillight said:

Does anyone have a few used old, dead or ripped tracks for the inside of a trailer for sale?

what about an old truck bed liner?

close to the GTA

I need to do the inside of a new trailer

Take a look at TSC stores and their stall mats. Especially when they are on sale. Heavy duty thick rubber easily cut into 16" wide strips and screwed down. They aren't on sale right now but do go on sale regularly. One 6 foot long mat gives you 18 feet of 16 inch wide matting.

http://www.tscstores.com/4-X-6-X-34-RUBBER-STALL-MAT-P14214.aspx

Or there is the 5 X 7

http://www.tscstores.com/5-X-7-X-12-HORSE-TRAILER-MAT-P14215.aspx

 

Edited by 02sled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Taillight said:

Does anyone have a few used old, dead or ripped tracks for the inside of a trailer for sale?

what about an old truck bed liner?

close to the GTA

I need to do the inside of a new trailer

System Fence on Hwy 7 just west of Acton usually has a good price on the stall mats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Taillight said:

Does anyone have a few used old, dead or ripped tracks for the inside of a trailer for sale?

what about an old truck bed liner?

close to the GTA

I need to do the inside of a new trailer

I just threw out a 4x8 sheet of rubber mat that I lined my trailer with. (its the flooring they lay down at ice rinks). I cut it up with a circular saw.

Should have asked last week.....lol

Edited by Blackstar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stall mats can be cut with a circular saw, a jig saw or a box cutter. I've used each. With a saw I put 2 X 4's under the mat either side of the cut line and ran the saw along a straight edge. One time when I didn't have 2 X 4's handy I tried the box cutter along a straight edge. With a fresh blade you're through in a few passes.

I suggest using stainless screws and washers to hold it down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

King City Trailers on King rd usually have a large stack of bed liners out back.

The mats are good too, just not free and they are actually heavier too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do they sell them, or give them away? 

5 hours ago, Stoney said:

King City Trailers on King rd usually have a large stack of bed liners out back.

The mats are good too, just not free and they are actually heavier too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

Do they sell them, or give them away? 

I do not actually know, just recall seeing a pile of them stacked up out back whenever I have been there.....guess would not hurt to inquire.

Considering their business, people may not expect them to have them, but they install some sort of spray bed liner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did a daytrip to Barrie to look @ the new sleds & talked to some sledders. A couple that I haven't seen in several years. Picked up a new trail cam @ Cabela's & then dealt w/ the traffic in that area. Now I know why it's been several years since I've been to Barrie.

The season is done for me other than some tinkering w/ the sled before putting the cover on it.

Considering how shitty the season was in D2 (two rides on the REV, 4 rides on the Blizzard), I could've wrote off the winter. As it was the 2 trips north to Timmins & Kap (w/ a new sled) made up for the ill-fated trip from Kirkland Lake.

Ended up w/ 2065 klicks or 1259 miles on the new sled.

20180318_143011.thumb.jpg.46554a2f56dea8b470e7e8e2dd8850dc.jpg

Edited by revrnd
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Stoney said:

I do not actually know, just recall seeing a pile of them stacked up out back whenever I have been there.....guess would not hurt to inquire.

Considering their business, people may not expect them to have them, but they install some sort of spray bed liner.

They sell and install a number of cabs for trucks so not surprised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/03/2018 at 4:06 PM, Taillight said:

Does anyone have a few used old, dead or ripped tracks for the inside of a trailer for sale?

what about an old truck bed liner?

close to the GTA

I need to do the inside of a new trailer

If you inquire nicely at Fenner Dunlop in Bracebridge they will usually give you a chunk of rubber belting that works great for traction mats in a trailer. They make conveyor belts for the mining industry and often have blems or off-cuts that they throw away. Two words of caution though.  The stuff is incredibly thick and heavy so resist the urge to cover the entire trailer deck even if they give you enough to do it. Also being that it is conveyor belt meant for ore is it smooth and high-durometer rubber so unstudded sleds are prone to spin on it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, revrnd said:

Did a daytrip to Barrie to look @ the new sleds & talked to some sledders. A couple that I haven't seen in several years. Picked up a new trail cam @ Cabela's & then dealt w/ the traffic in that area. Now I know why it's been several years since I've been to Barrie.

The season is done for me other than some tinkering w/ the sled before putting the cover on it.

Considering how shitty the season was in D2 (two rides on the REV, 4 rides on the Blizzard), I could've wrote off the winter. As it was the 2 trips north to Timmins & Kap (w/ a new sled) made up for the ill-fated trip from Kirkland Lake.

Ended up w/ 2065 klicks or 1259 miles on the new sled.

20180318_143011.thumb.jpg.46554a2f56dea8b470e7e8e2dd8850dc.jpg

What sleds did they have in Barrie, and what did you think of them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Srxfasterapex said:

What sleds did they have in Barrie, and what did you think of them?

I wasnt really looking. Mostly long tracks. I dont think they had a Gen4 version of the Blizzard. The new blue looks like a Mikita tool. The red looked like it should be a bit glossy as opposed to the dull look.

I thought the new plastic on the 4 strokes looked OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They sell and install a number of cabs for trucks so not surprised.

Yep, that has been my primary reason for dealing with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2018 at 4:06 PM, Taillight said:

Does anyone have a few used old, dead or ripped tracks for the inside of a trailer for sale?

what about an old truck bed liner?

close to the GTA

I need to do the inside of a new trailer

Have you asked @ any dealers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.