Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

9 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

He was something else.  "IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRICE, YOU CAN GET THE FUCK OUT AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!" lol.  Bought my 1997 670 there.  I heard he passed away.  Didn't know the dealership dated back to '69.

What happened at Gateway?  Open forum, we gotta help each other out.  :)

OK, 1st ride of the 2nd season I had the my '07 & the PTO bearing goes south. Cost to replace motor w/ short block was 3600 tax in. Their attitude was I got the No No No promotion rather than the 2 year warranty, I was on my own. I was not impressed.

This was after the SDI motor on my '04 tore up a cylinder north of the Soo (piston ring locating pin broke). 

After buying 7 new doos & a shitload of parts & accessories over the years, the whole experience left a sour taste in my mouth. Add to that a knowledgeable parts guy leaving for greener pastures, didn't help. 

Too bad White Water wasn't still around. As far as I'm concerned if I decide to buy a new doo there are a couple of other dealers within an hours drive.

3 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Let me guess. A backpacker ? Did you guys drag that thing out of the bush once you got it unstuck ? I cann,t imagine it being rideable.

Those are quite the riding pants. Klim or FXR making them out of denim now?

10 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

He was something else.  "IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRICE, YOU CAN GET THE FUCK OUT AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!" lol.  Bought my 1997 670 there.  I heard he passed away.  Didn't know the dealership dated back to '69.

Old man went Sat' after work to pick up the sled during their business hours. Got to the shop and the door was locked but they were inside the place. I don't know what the exchange was (old man was half Squarehead & worked w/ a bunch), but he didn't get his sled. Went back up Mon' or Tues' & got it. He never went back after that. Me going there in '85 was the 1st time any of us had darkened their doors.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Nice little ride today. Bit of rain won't hurt to much up here as long as we get snow after Thursday.

15" on the snow stick & it's powder down to the lawn.

1 minute ago, Reevester said:

Probably close to 30" here and it got pretty dense today. Just shoveled off the genny shed and shithouse. :lol:

Had to go brush the snow off the sat up to my waist so the wife can watch Y&R.:lol:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Had to go brush the snow off the sat up to my waist so the wife can watch Y&R.:lol:

Y&R....my Mother in law lives for that....my wife watches it too.  I call it the "Young and Brainless"...sickening.  I saw "Victor Newman" Eric Braeden at the airport last year and asked him if he was still chasing Chris George across the dessert...Rat Patrol.....he stopped mid step and turned around and said...that was a long time ago....I said, yep, I used to watch Rat Patrol like my mother in law watches the Y&R....nice guy.   Most here are to young to have seen Rat Patrol...accept Blade, he is been around since the Autoboggan.....lol

Edited by Poncho
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Haha I had to do that when I got back too as a big chunk fell off the hemlocks onto it. 

My mother and grandmother watched it and now the wife pvr's it. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Haha I had to do that when I got back too as a big chunk fell off the hemlocks onto it. 

My mother and grandmother watched it and now the wife pvr's it. :lol:

Pvr?  Shit it's on every hour it seems.

12 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Y&R....my Mother in law lives for that....my wife watches it too.  I call it the "Young and Brainless"...sickening.  I saw "Victor Newman" Eric Braeden at the airport last year and asked him if he was still chasing Chris George across the dessert...Rat Patrol.....he stopped mid step and turned around and said...that was a long time ago....I said, yep, I used to watch Rat Patrol like my mother in law watches the Y&R....nice guy.   Most here are to young to have seen Rat Patrol...accept Blade, he is been around since the Autoboggan.....lol

I was around when Rat Patrol was on TV, but more of a Hogan's Heroes viewer as a kid LOL Trained me for working w/ Squareheads when I was older.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I was around when Rat Patrol was on TV, but more of a Hogan's Heroes viewer as a kid LOL Trained me for working w/ Squareheads when I was older.

I could watch Hilda all day.

Never watched Rat Patrol, interesting yitle though.:lol:

Nikki was bangable, back in the day..... looks like an old chew toy these days....

We were in a bar one night in TO, and that Josh Morrow guy was there.  All the bitches were swooning around him. 

All we were left with was fat chicks.... :(

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Edited by Puzzleboy

2 hours ago, Poncho said:

Damn I used to love that show. Nothing quite like a couple MB's with Ma Dueces on pintle mounts strafing the shit out of a German convoy complete with the obligatory half track. The jumps off of dunes in the opening sequence looked brutal on the passengers. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Pete Z said:

Damn I used to love that show. Nothing quite like a couple MB's with Ma Dueces on pintle mounts strafing the shit out of a German convoy complete with the obligatory half track. The jumps off of dunes in the opening sequence looked brutal on the passengers. 

Look up the history of the SAS & LRDG. I'm pretty sure the 8th Army perfected those tactics before the Americans entered the African Campaign

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:59 PM, Poncho said:

I generally block everything as that trial is on my property so I can park where I want:). 150 miles today. Didn't see another sled. Cheers

Damn arrogant land owners.... :lol:

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:14 PM, 04nightfire said:

+6 for Thursday and 10mm of rain. Hope it changes but when they call for warm and rain, TWN is usually right 

a lot of the forecasts are varying significantly for Thursday. They all use the same raw data from environment Canada and then do their own predictions

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:49 AM, ArcticCrusher said:

Who is a good Doo dealer?

Factory Recreation in Midland or Quinns in Pefferlaw.

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 4:17 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

Want to test one.  Hows the xcr?

C trail runs right behind Factory Rec in Midland. I have had good experiences with them. We bought a used sled from them for my wife. We took it home and it overheated the first day in the first few minutes. Called them up and they drove out to Port Severn, picked it up from a neighbour, fixed and delivered it back before the weekend. To me that was outstanding.

21 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

:lol:I have similar for the same show... I'll be in the room reading a magazine... as I turn the pages.... do you have to make so much noise.... silence between 4:30 and 5:30 Monday to Friday.

21 hours ago, Poncho said:

I watched Rat Patrol regularly. I have met almost all of the cast of The Old & The Stupid.... every time we opened a new store they had one of them there to bring in the women. I would be there to make sure the store systems worked.

21 hours ago, revrnd said:

Ahhh.... Fraulein Helga and of course the ever popular Sgt. Schultz.