Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

14 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

A little more throttle may have been prudent....

So that's what that aluminum bar is for..... winch point for the BR. 

He started to go down and did give it more throttle but the clutch and belt was wet by then and down it went. He spent about 30 - 40 minutes trying to get it out along with his son. They are going back today to retrieve it.

52 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Pulled the sleds out today, literally for the Yamaha. 

829C2060-BC32-4F2F-8BE4-21942F4D5D73.thumb.jpeg.340abb7d61886d8b05052c5297d00947.jpeg

What's the story behind that, Tim, dead battery, something else, or just the way you roll? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, irv said:

What's the story behind that, Tim, dead battery, something else, or just the way you roll? 

Ya, they were all dead. The Cat took a charge but the Yamaha wouldn’t.

Hope the battery is alright. Just replaced it.

The skidoo only needs a boost but it was behind these 2.

All in a warm shop now for a check over and new stickers. Might even go for a ride this week.

48 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Ya, they were all dead. The Cat took a charge but the Yamaha wouldn’t.

Hope the battery is alright. Just replaced it.

The skidoo only needs a boost but it was behind these 2.

All in a warm shop now for a check over and new stickers. Might even go for a ride this week.

I keep all my shit on tenders unless the batteries get pulled.

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I keep all my shit on tenders unless the batteries get pulled.

Ya, I have Tenders on my Bikes in the house garage but its too much hassle in the back shed. I need to do some wiring back there.

The Cat and Doo are good to go after a trickle charge. Not so for the Yamaha. It needs a new battery. So much for Royals Crank series. Going back to a Yuasa.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Ya, I have Tenders on my Bikes in the house garage but its too much hassle in the back shed. I need to do some wiring back there.

The Cat and Doo are good to go after a trickle charge. Not so for the Yamaha. It needs a new battery. So much for Royals Crank series. Going back to a Yuasa.

What about Odyssey batteries ? Heard there suppose to pretty good .

• Like 1

Yuasas are not much better these days.  Get an Odyssey.  Just got one for the Elite (had a junk Motocross in it). 

They last up to 10 years, have excellent cold storage and retention properties.  U.S. Military uses them. 

We have them in the airplanes, and they will crank a chilly 6 cylinder over after sitting for months.  They're pricey, but you get what you pay for sometimes. 

14 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Yuasas are not much better these days.  Get an Odyssey.  Just got one for the Elite (had a junk Motocross in it). 

They last up to 10 years, have excellent cold storage and retention properties.  U.S. Military uses them. 

We have them in the airplanes, and they will crank a chilly 6 cylinder over after sitting for months.  They're pricey, but you get what you pay for sometimes. 

The Odyssey site says they don't make them for Yamaha.

Crank Battery is $80

Yuasa is $140.

I can drive to Royal and have either of those today. Probably what I will do. Right now I'm too tired.

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

The Odyssey site says they don't make them for Yamaha.

Crank Battery is $80

Yuasa is $140.

I can drive to Royal and have either of those today. Probably what I will do. Right now I'm too tired.

ORPS sells Yuasa as well.

El cheapo Gamma/Motocross brand battery is on it's 6th year in my old Cat. Just starting to get lazy now in the cold. It has a lot to do with how you put a new battery into service that determines how well it will work and how long it will last.

33 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

El cheapo Gamma/Motocross brand battery is on it's 6th year in my old Cat. Just starting to get lazy now in the cold. It has a lot to do with how you put a new battery into service that determines how well it will work and how long it will last.

Interesting info Pete. What is the best way to put a new battery into service ?

I,ve always fully charged it, and installed it.