Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

12 hours ago, Pete Z said:

I know who my first guess would be. That dude has be pushing it for years running across from Floral Park. 

Yes he has.

Also pussler. The mystery is incase anyone here actually knows him. Atleast then Im not the dink who yapped off about it. The point of bringing it up - Dont go on the fucking lakes

11 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

I agree.  Nothing will teach a new sledder about trailside wrenching, towing, etc., like a Cat. 

:lol:from my own experience, it is the DOO that have been the best to date for a little trail side repair work.

But they all break, at some point, which is part of the novelty....just a few more stories and a couple more things to poke at your buddies about when and if that sled breaks down while having a few beers :bc:

• Like 1

I'm guessing Tommy did the PDI on that Axys, forgot to tighten something, sled went down in the lake.  That would explain all the secrecy.....

22 hours ago, Tommy said:

Yes he has.

Also pussler. The mystery is incase anyone here actually knows him. Atleast then Im not the dink who yapped off about it. The point of bringing it up - Dont go on the fucking lakes

Edited by Puzzleboy

They are man-made designed and built machines, so technically are subject to failing.  I've had good luck with Doo thus far.  Have had exhausts crack, springs break, recoil starters fail, etc.  But I have never been towed, or left stranded (can't really count the stud through the exchanger..... lol).   Seem to recall towing a couple ZRs though.... :)  So far, anyway.  46 sleds and counting. 

But ever notice how it's usually Cat and Poo guys who say stuff like "they all break"?  :)  And yes, I did see the two pictures of broken 850s last year...... Lol

21 hours ago, Stoney said:

:lol:from my own experience, it is the DOO that have been the best to date for a little trail side repair work.

But they all break, at some point, which is part of the novelty....just a few more stories and a couple more things to poke at your buddies about when and if that sled breaks down while having a few beers :bc:

Edited by Puzzleboy

1 minute ago, Puzzleboy said:

They are man-made designed and built machines, so technically are subject to failing.  I've had good luck with Doo thus far.  Have had exhausts crack, springs break, recoil starters fail, etc.  But I have never been towed, or left stranded.  Seem to recall towing a couple ZRs though.... :)  So far, anyway.  46 sleds and counting. 

But ever notice how it's usually Cat and Poo guys who say stuff like "they all break"?  :)

Because DOO folks generally tend to be brand blinded....right behind those Yammi guys (pre Cat partner)

Besides, the reason cat guys say that, is so the other branded riders feel better about the situation when the inevitable happens..:pc:

Hmmm.... makes you wonder why one would be brand-blinded by such an unreliable brand...... gluttons for punishment, perhaps? 

You're in good hands with Textron now though...... they won't tolerate those fires for long.  :)

Just now, Stoney said:

Because DOO folks generally tend to be brand blinded....right behind those Yammi guys (pre Cat partner)

Besides, the reason cat guys say that, is so the other branded riders feel better about the situation when the inevitable happens..:pc:

3 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Hmmm.... makes you wonder why one would be brand-blinded by such an unreliable brand...... gluttons for punishment, perhaps? 

You're in good hands with Textron now though...... they won't tolerate those fires for long.  :)

How does that saying go, wooden head.....

Fairness to any of the sleds, I genuinely feel it comes down to how you care for them, regardless of brand, aside from a few problem years that all have dealt with.

Newby riders want to go skidooing, so they buy a ski Doo, and perhaps aren't treated the best which leads to the worst in some cases.

I agree on the maintenance, big time.  Did my carbs every year (when sleds still had carbs), never had a problem.  Like you said, you can't blame a manufacturer for an owner's shoddy maintenance. 

I would think newbies would be more inclined to buy a Cat or Poo these days (some fire-sale prices, comparatively).  Especially if you were buying 2 sleds. 

52 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

I agree on the maintenance, big time.  Did my carbs every year (when sleds still had carbs), never had a problem.  Like you said, you can't blame a manufacturer for an owner's shoddy maintenance. 

I would think newbies would be more inclined to buy a Cat or Poo these days (some fire-sale prices, comparatively).  Especially if you were buying 2 sleds. 

Can't buy what you do not know about.....seriously, many non sledding people call the sport "ski doo'ing", not "snowmobiling", so all they can relate it too, is a ski doo.

I am starting to think about a new sled, not sure why, maybe just the time of year.....normally I would only consider a Cat, but I find myself looking up the various Ski Doo options out there, just not sure if I could bring myself to buy one for me.... 

Edited by Stoney

"Ski-Dooing" is like any trademark that has been around a long time..... What do you blow your nose with (tissue), or bring coffee to the jobsite in (vacuum sealed bottle).  Lol

If Stonedy is considering an average Doo, clearly the Earth is off it's axis.  :)

Ski-Doo certainly has good innovative Engineering these days (and yeah, I remember the old days when Indys were king.  Even I liked wedge Indys). 

What category are you looking in?  I've had a 600 Etec TNT, an 800 XRS, and am on my third 1200.  I know the 1200 gives up 10+ mph to the 850 (but there are mods if you care), but it has an addictive quality.  I liked it ever since I put a few miles on my good friend's GSX a few years back.  I don't find it heavy, but it is 50 lbs heavier than it's 2-stroke equivalent.  But not Yammy heavy, and not slow in tight trails, IMO.  You can try mine this year when we go riding. :crazy:

Haven't tried an 850 yet, but everyone says they're a good ride.  

Edited by Puzzleboy

53 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Home. Cabin after the new year but I'm afraid it's going to be to cold to take him out. We will see. :bc:

You're gonna need a full windshield.  Ask Puzzler if you can borrow the Elite, I know its a Doo, but meh.

Picking up my sleds in a few days.:bc:

38 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You're gonna need a full windshield.  Ask Puzzler if you can borrow the Elite, I know its a Doo, but meh.

Picking up my sleds in a few days.:bc:

I have the touring one in at the shop just need to pick it up next week. :bc:

He'll be fine in the cold, as long as you don't put one of those racer fanboi MX helmets on him.....

3 hours ago, Reevester said:

Home. Cabin after the new year but I'm afraid it's going to be to cold to take him out. We will see. :bc:

Edited by Puzzleboy

Good to see Pardeep and Jarvinder out enjoying the weather. 

2 hours ago, Poncho said:

Two guys running around in the field behind me with a old Plus and an old Indy. They are having a ton of fun.   Yep, Brampton and south of Queen St, old Hwy 7.   Old days!