Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

Saw a few 4 wheelers this weekend that had cut up some great trails. Looks like there are couple more weekends at my place, conditions have not been better.

Edited by Poncho
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

29432944_1786319968095014_85212536454156

Please beware of a stranded vehicle on the Tops A trail west of the intersection for the A/135 trails at Deep River. We are trying to locate the owner in order to make arrangements to have it removed.

Nice 3 point turn .......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

29432944_1786319968095014_85212536454156

Please beware of a stranded vehicle on the Tops A trail west of the intersection for the A/135 trails at Deep River. We are trying to locate the owner in order to make arrangements to have it removed.

Trans X driver on his day off?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Taillight said:

Does anyone have a few used old, dead or ripped tracks for the inside of a trailer for sale?

what about an old truck bed liner?

close to the GTA

I need to do the inside of a new trailer

I think I still have the original off the formula deluxe.  Free if you want it.

36 minutes ago, Taillight said:

Does anyone have a few used old, dead or ripped tracks for the inside of a trailer for sale?

close to the GTA

Take a look at TSC stores and their stall mats. Especially when they are on sale. Heavy duty thick rubber easily cut into 16" wide strips and screwed down. They aren't on sale right now but do go on sale regularly. One 6 foot long mat gives you 18 feet of 16 inch wide matting.

http://www.tscstores.com/4-X-6-X-34-RUBBER-STALL-MAT-P14214.aspx

Or there is the 5 X 7

http://www.tscstores.com/5-X-7-X-12-HORSE-TRAILER-MAT-P14215.aspx

Edited by 02sled

3 hours ago, Taillight said:

close to the GTA

System Fence on Hwy 7 just west of Acton usually has a good price on the stall mats

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, Taillight said:

close to the GTA

I just threw out a 4x8 sheet of rubber mat that I lined my trailer with. (its the flooring they lay down at ice rinks). I cut it up with a circular saw.

Should have asked last week.....lol

Edited by Blackstar

The stall mats can be cut with a circular saw, a jig saw or a box cutter. I've used each. With a saw I put 2 X 4's under the mat either side of the cut line and ran the saw along a straight edge. One time when I didn't have 2 X 4's handy I tried the box cutter along a straight edge. With a fresh blade you're through in a few passes.

I suggest using stainless screws and washers to hold it down.

Do they sell them, or give them away? 

5 hours ago, Stoney said:

King City Trailers on King rd usually have a large stack of bed liners out back.

The mats are good too, just not free and they are actually heavier too.

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

Do they sell them, or give them away? 

I do not actually know, just recall seeing a pile of them stacked up out back whenever I have been there.....guess would not hurt to inquire.

Considering their business, people may not expect them to have them, but they install some sort of spray bed liner.

Did a daytrip to Barrie to look @ the new sleds & talked to some sledders. A couple that I haven't seen in several years. Picked up a new trail cam @ Cabela's & then dealt w/ the traffic in that area. Now I know why it's been several years since I've been to Barrie.

The season is done for me other than some tinkering w/ the sled before putting the cover on it.

Considering how shitty the season was in D2 (two rides on the REV, 4 rides on the Blizzard), I could've wrote off the winter. As it was the 2 trips north to Timmins & Kap (w/ a new sled) made up for the ill-fated trip from Kirkland Lake.

Ended up w/ 2065 klicks or 1259 miles on the new sled.

20180318_143011.thumb.jpg.46554a2f56dea8b470e7e8e2dd8850dc.jpg

Edited by revrnd
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Stoney said:

I do not actually know, just recall seeing a pile of them stacked up out back whenever I have been there.....guess would not hurt to inquire.

Considering their business, people may not expect them to have them, but they install some sort of spray bed liner.

They sell and install a number of cabs for trucks so not surprised.

On 23/03/2018 at 4:06 PM, Taillight said:

close to the GTA

If you inquire nicely at Fenner Dunlop in Bracebridge they will usually give you a chunk of rubber belting that works great for traction mats in a trailer. They make conveyor belts for the mining industry and often have blems or off-cuts that they throw away. Two words of caution though.  The stuff is incredibly thick and heavy so resist the urge to cover the entire trailer deck even if they give you enough to do it. Also being that it is conveyor belt meant for ore is it smooth and high-durometer rubber so unstudded sleds are prone to spin on it.  

11 hours ago, revrnd said:

Did a daytrip to Barrie to look @ the new sleds & talked to some sledders. A couple that I haven't seen in several years. Picked up a new trail cam @ Cabela's & then dealt w/ the traffic in that area. Now I know why it's been several years since I've been to Barrie.

The season is done for me other than some tinkering w/ the sled before putting the cover on it.

Considering how shitty the season was in D2 (two rides on the REV, 4 rides on the Blizzard), I could've wrote off the winter. As it was the 2 trips north to Timmins & Kap (w/ a new sled) made up for the ill-fated trip from Kirkland Lake.

Ended up w/ 2065 klicks or 1259 miles on the new sled.

20180318_143011.thumb.jpg.46554a2f56dea8b470e7e8e2dd8850dc.jpg

What sleds did they have in Barrie, and what did you think of them?

1 hour ago, Srxfasterapex said:

What sleds did they have in Barrie, and what did you think of them?

I wasnt really looking. Mostly long tracks. I dont think they had a Gen4 version of the Blizzard. The new blue looks like a Mikita tool. The red looked like it should be a bit glossy as opposed to the dull look.

I thought the new plastic on the 4 strokes looked OK.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2018 at 4:06 PM, Taillight said:

close to the GTA

Have you asked @ any dealers?