Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

10 hours ago, franks pond said:

sat mazinaw northern trails,just us and the 4 wheelers lol ,,,great day

wes.jpg

Is that on South Mazinaw?  We decided to get one more ride in this weekend, may head down that way.  Are you heading up or done for the season.

On 3/14/2018 at 1:36 PM, Puzzleboy said:

Skeade on Saturday.  Fella was not happy.... he had some choice words.  An Apex blew up at the Sportsman's too.

IMG_2173.JPG

Missed the Puzz by a day,That's the SKEAD rec centre.The pic of the wolf mountain fire pit had  a lot more fire starter on Sunday .   sr when I was there.Glad you had a good ride.

On 2018-03-13 at 8:46 PM, Poncho said:

I'm heading up to my place this weekend.  These were taken northeast of my place on Trail A Calabogie on Sunday, March 11...now why is the OFSC guide showing closed??....and FTR they have been riding for the last few weeks at my place conditions good.  Looks good

Trail A Mar 10 2018.jpg

Trail A Mar 10 2018 2nd.jpg

If this is true it’s bullshit and not a smart move by club but whatever people will,do what they want and nothing anyone says will matter enjoy the sledding ! 

14 minutes ago, Garrettv said:

If this is true it’s bullshit and not a smart move by club but whatever people will,do what they want and nothing anyone says will matter enjoy the sledding ! 

According to Puzzle it is.  He broke the story.  I'm sure he will chime in.  I know my club is not grooming north of my place; however, ever other club around me is grooming.  Why not, the conditions are excellent.  As a matter of fact Global news- weather guy,  just commented on the deep "snow pack" in the Ottawa area.

Edited by Poncho

On 3/14/2018 at 8:29 PM, Puzzleboy said:

Grolsch.  :)  And a few canned Caesars might have been consumed....

A few trail side stops is always nice :bc:

On 3/14/2018 at 8:35 PM, Puzzleboy said:

Previous visitors forgot starter fluid at the Wolf Mountain lookout..... but looks like they survived, having brought some nourishment.   

IMG_2141.JPG

I do not get this, take your garbage with you.

23 hours ago, 007Rob said:

You forgot to mention the TD Cat turbo sled running 163.5mph on a stock engine/turbo

No, I doubt Puzzz forget, just drinking too much of the doo-aid.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, franks pond said:

poncho pic was on weslemekoon heading to tanglewood

That was going to be my first choice....then I changed the lake.  So Weslemkoon is still good then.  I thing tomorrow we will cross the Koon and pick up the Bancroft trail.  Cheers

Yeah, was from a club officer.  Any club should be able to tell you how the funding is currently structured.  I understand the desire to incentify grooming, but it needs to be monitored if clubs are gonna abuse it. 

On 3/15/2018 at 6:09 PM, Garrettv said:

You should head up, might only have a few weeks left!  You won't be able to do much trail riding from the cottage though. 

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Good to see a bunch of trails re-opening and its March 16.:bc:

Not for me but enjoy if you can.

This was just off Wahnapitae last weekend.  Just past Rocky's.  Nice runabout if you also need a couple tonnes of pea gravel to build a shed, etc.  Seats look good. 

IMG_2169.JPG

Edited by Puzzleboy

I agree.  I'll never understand people who pitch aluminum cans into fires.  It takes a good fire to melt them. 

No kool-aid for me!   My favourite at the drags was the girl on the Thundercat.  And if somebody knocks Ski-Doo, I certainly don't take it personally.  I don't design or build them.   It's funny how sensitive some sled guys are.... even with boats, bikes, and cars, we'll bash each other with no issues.    But some brand loyal sled guys clearly have an over abundance of Estrogen.... lol 

They're just sleds.  Not worth getting your panties all in a bunch. 

22 hours ago, Stoney said:

A few trail side stops is always nice :bc:

I do not get this, take your garbage with you.

No, I doubt Puzzz forget, just drinking too much of the doo-aid.....

Thanks for that rivetting update. 

(arrives at cottage, rushes in to update  FS).  Teenage girls on Instagram update less often.... lol

Ride safe, and no trespassing!  :)  Respect the landowners who allow us to run the trails on their land. 

45 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Arrived, good snow. Grooming done from my place (Hwy 41) south to Mazinaw trails

Edited by Puzzleboy

42 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Thanks for that rivetting update. 

(arrives at cottage, rushes in to update  FS).  Teenage girls on Instagram update less often.... lol

Ride safe, and no trespassing!  :)  Respect the landowners who allow us to run the trails on their land. 

OK, I knew you would be the only one following me, and you are, so I thought I’d give you the latest.  Relax son, how is the ride around the water softener?  

2 hours ago, Poncho said:

I know that trail....did you manage to open it up?

A few times LOL Max on the GPS for the day was 74...

-21* C when we left Kap this morning. The high was -9 when we got back around 5:30

Edited by revrnd
  • Like 2