Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

Went up to Sudbury this weekend for some "late" season riding.  Launched from the STP building in Garson yesterday and today.  Rode all over the north end, around and across lake Whanapitei, over through Kukagami out towards Coniston and then back to Skead/Garson.

Overall trails were amazingly good. Some bare spots and rough areas here and there, but most areas are fine as long as you stay to the north.

Saw the groomer out yesterday evening even though trails weren't bad, then it got nice and cold overnight which set the trails up real nice today smooth and fast all over the place.

Pretty sure I'm coming back next weekend...

20180303_181046.jpg

20180304_124601.jpg

20180304_124622.jpg

20180304_125440.jpg

20180304_133102.jpg

• Like 4

19 hours ago, 007Rob said:

Went up to Sudbury this weekend for some "late" season riding.  Launched from the STP building in Garson yesterday and today.  Rode all over the north end, around and across lake Whanapitei, over through Kukagami out towards Coniston and then back to Skead/Garson.

Overall trails were amazingly good. Some bare spots and rough areas here and there, but most areas are fine as long as you stay to the north.

Saw the groomer out yesterday evening even though trails weren't bad, then it got nice and cold overnight which set the trails up real nice today smooth and fast all over the place.

Pretty sure I'm coming back next weekend...

20180303_181046.jpg

20180304_124601.jpg

20180304_124622.jpg

20180304_125440.jpg

20180304_133102.jpg

You could not convince Reevester to join in on the ride...trails look nice!

You up size that flyscreen of yours too....

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

You could not convince Reevester to join in on the ride...trails look nice!

You up size that flyscreen of yours too....

Just me this time.  I'm lucky that my parents live in Sudbury so I can pop in for a visit anytime.  For some reason I end up visiting way more in the winter time lol

Should be good for a couple more weeks up there as long as the weather holds up.  Riding around, it seems like traffic is way down and there's not much snow in town  but once you get on the trails it was great.

I usually keep the taller cross country shield on, makes a huge difference when it's cold out but I threw the old shorty on a for a bit earlier this year.  It was pretty mild and I had entered a radar run so I'm sure I went at least half a mile per hour faster with the change!

Heading up to Kap' on Thu' w/ a group. If everything goes well it should put me around 1200 miles for the season. Not stellar for me but it'll be the 1st season since '13/'14 that I've broke a thousand miles. That winter we started our RAN tour from home.

2 hours ago, smokin george said:

A little fire yesterday with a hot chocolate/peppermint schnapps takes the sting out of sitting on the couch all day. 

20180310_103415.jpg

And here I thought it was another burnt sled pic. Saw another 1 on Faceplant yesterday. A friend did the Big Loop & found a burnt offering north of Timmins on Fri'.

34 minutes ago, revrnd said:

And here I thought it was another burnt sled pic. Saw another 1 on Faceplant yesterday. A friend did the Big Loop & found a burnt offering north of Timmins on Fri'.

That burnt sled was a friends sled. Do you know Dave K ( farmer Dave aka Dooda Dave) ? The sled that burnt wasn't Dave"s

Edited by smokin george

7 minutes ago, smokin george said:

That burnt sled was a friends sled. Do you know Dave K ( farmer Dave aka Dooda Dave) ? The sled that burnt wasn't Dave"s

Who's sled was it George? 

32 minutes ago, smokin george said:

No it wasn't that sled (which I saw the pics of) LOL.

Farmer Dave, he'll like that 1 :lol:.  Yes I've known Dave since we met up in Amos several years ago. Talking to him @ the Sledarama last year.

1 minute ago, revrnd said:

No it wasn't that sled (which I saw the pics of) LOL.

Farmer Dave, he'll like that 1 :lol:.  Yes I've known Dave since we met up in Amos several years ago. Talking to him @ the Sledarama last year.

Dave knows the guy that burnt up. Dave is racking up the miles on his new 1200. He should be 8-10K this season

46 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Glad to hear it wasn't Dave's, George. I haven't been on FB in a while due to ongoing issues, but may try to login later. 

I'm heading up to my place this weekend.  These were taken northeast of my place on Trail A Calabogie on Sunday, March 11...now why is the OFSC guide showing closed??....and FTR they have been riding for the last few weeks at my place conditions good.  Looks good

Trail A Mar 10 2018.jpg

Trail A Mar 10 2018 2nd.jpg

• Like 1