Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

17 minutes ago, xcr600 said:

Unloaded at massanoga and rode to Griffith. Came back through denbigh then onto Weslemkoon Lake and then did a few loops before heading back to the truck. 240km total and the trails were great

8CF63383-4EF8-4574-8E4C-54FF8D7E7931.jpeg

8D7B3C48-CA09-4741-8914-8FCED4480480.png

AB62C7F1-6495-44AC-B7D5-1BBA50E085D5.jpeg

C1C71171-498F-422E-B020-13EAEE0D4CBE.jpeg

So you came right through my property and didn’t stop by......good thing I was riding...lol....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Poncho said:

So you came right through my property and didn’t stop by......good thing I was riding...lol....

I do a lot of camping in the Vennachar  area all summer, I've met lots of people that say they are around all winter but this winter no one has been around at all. If I knew what stretch was yours I would've stopped by lol

1 hour ago, xcr600 said:

Unloaded at massanoga and rode to Griffith. Came back through denbigh then onto Weslemkoon Lake and then did a few loops before heading back to the truck. 240km total and the trails were great

8CF63383-4EF8-4574-8E4C-54FF8D7E7931.jpeg

8D7B3C48-CA09-4741-8914-8FCED4480480.png

AB62C7F1-6495-44AC-B7D5-1BBA50E085D5.jpeg

C1C71171-498F-422E-B020-13EAEE0D4CBE.jpeg

I haven't ridden over that way in almost 10 years. Furthest east I've ridden to is where I think Mazinaw meets the Calabogie club. Parents did a few trips over to Calabogie from Apsley.

A former co-worker deer hunted from 1 of the camps near Vennachar.

Edited by revrnd

10 hours ago, bladefever said:

Muskoka 

20180218_103348_HDR.jpg

20180218_112348_HDR.jpg

20180217_093043_HDR.jpg

20180217_103344_HDR.jpg

Second last one looks like B105. That's where we hit the freezing rain last weekend. Swift Rapids lock is usually good for spotting deer. The lock master dumps bags of grain in his yard for them in the winter. Looks like you had a great ride.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, xcr600 said:

I do a lot of camping in the Vennachar  area all summer, I've met lots of people that say they are around all winter but this winter no one has been around at all. If I knew what stretch was yours I would've stopped by lol

My property is the airstrip. About 2 miles south of Griffith.  Too bad the old Moosehorn restaurant wasn’t open.  It was a great Sunday run from my place.

I was back by the snowmobile trail yesterday cutting firewood and saw more sleds go past than I have in a long time.  Beauty day for it. Sad to think that the season might be over in mid-February.  I'm holding out hope that we don't get as much rain as they are calling for. 

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:21 AM, Pete Z said:

I was back by the snowmobile trail yesterday cutting firewood and saw more sleds go past than I have in a long time.  Beauty day for it. Sad to think that the season might be over in mid-February.  I'm holding out hope that we don't get as much rain as they are calling for. 

I took B trail to 3/B back to gravenhurst on Saturday from baysville area, remind me to never do that again. I was trying to avoid the long road run on 44, I'd rather the road run.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steve6 said:

I took B trail to 3/B back to gravenhurst on Saturday from baysville area, remind me to never do that again. I was trying to avoid the long road run on 44, I'd rather the road run.

I hear ya.  Snowcrust has really dropped the ball. Used to be the best trails out this way, now they are all but forgotten. B trail has literally been groomed once in three years, lots of the signage is f*cked/missing, very little brushing has gone on, etc. That is a big part of the reason why we sold our sleds. I'm almost to the point that I would prefer to see the trails shut down completely out here rather than die slowly from neglect. 

Left for home around noon today, rain last night and above freezing temps in the future.....It is supposed to stay that way for some time. I’m thinking a late ride in my area isn’t going to happen.  We will see

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

I hear ya.  Snowcrust has really dropped the ball. Used to be the best trails out this way, now they are all but forgotten. B trail has literally been groomed once in three years, lots of the signage is f*cked/missing, very little brushing has gone on, etc. That is a big part of the reason why we sold our sleds. I'm almost to the point that I would prefer to see the trails shut down completely out here rather than die slowly from neglect. 

Where’s Deisel , get him out there :)

I e-mailed them about the C101d near Gravenhurst.  No reply from the club. 

22 hours ago, Pete Z said: