Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

4 hours ago, TheOtherDoonut said:

Mother nature's a whore...we are leaving at 5am for Mount Laurier. We moved our booking from this weekend to March on Monday then the friggen forecast changed...30 mm of rain over 2 days. This could be IT for anywhere even reasonably close. What a shit show trying to get any availability for Saturday night...got lucky and snagged a cancel at Mekoo's.

We had booked in Mont Laurier prior to the last bunch of rain and had to cancel

On 05/02/2018 at 9:48 AM, Pete Z said:

Things are starting to shape up in Muskoka. If the clubs can get out and groom some of this snow we got this past weekend should see a lot of trails going green. Get out and enjoy it boys, looks like another melt down on it's way starting Family Day weekend. 

On 05/02/2018 at 10:04 AM, steve6 said:

On 05/02/2018 at 10:08 AM, ArcticCrusher said:

:dunno:

On 05/02/2018 at 11:05 AM, Pete Z said:

They only recently changed that forecast. Hopefully they are right. AccuWeather and the Farmers Almanac both are calling for rain in the last week of February and the first week of March. 

On 05/02/2018 at 11:51 AM, ArcticCrusher said:

Nah,

We should be good, that is of course unless @DAVE plans to head back through ON again.

This is definitely one time that I am not happy to say that I called this one right, but what the hell - Nailed it.

8 hours ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

glad I sold my sleds

I hear ya. Even if we hadn't have sold when we did, this shit season would've likely precipitated the sale of them next fall. I doubt that I would be able to sell them then for as much as I did since they would be that much older - not to mention coming off of this stellar winter.

Either way, definitely no seller's remorse. If you want to get right down to it I still have two of the useless f*cking things in my garage anyways. 

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Stick a fork in it.  Glad we have the quads and the Jetskis.

Now thats the whole point isnt it, its a pisser to have a winter like this but whats the option sit in a chair stare out the window,sit on a beach thats fine for a day or two,curse and shovel snow,hibernate and drink,jus play in the snow while its here and polish up the spring/summer/fall toys it great to have options.Joe

8 minutes ago, Slow Joe said:

Now thats the whole point isnt it, its a pisser to have a winter like this but whats the option sit in a chair stare out the window,sit on a beach thats fine for a day or two,curse and shovel snow,hibernate and drink,jus play in the snow while its here and polish up the spring/summer/fall toys it great to have options.Joe

I won't be giving up my sleds anytime soon, it just will stop me from buying newer ones sooner.

Like you I can't stand the beach in summer or winter.  Maybe every few years and then we are reminded why did we even bother?

34 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I won't be giving up my sleds anytime soon, it just will stop me from buying newer ones sooner.

Like you I can't stand the beach in summer or winter.  Maybe every few years and then we are reminded why did we even bother?

You and me both,started sleddin 3 years after Joseph Armand Bombardier bit the dust,had some fantastic years and have sat in Gravenhurst watching the trails melt away in January lost count on how many sleds we have owned,two drive belts and a set of plugs,runners for my current ride cost more than the first Elan I bought there was a dollar difference between a high performance belt and a standard had to scratch my head whether to buy top shelf belt or extra plugs went thru them at pretty much the same rate,went from sleds that sounded like a weed wacker to one that sounds like a Farmall Cub .The up side to a shitter winter if your in the market for a newer low mile sled your in luck eventually my old body will make me hang up the helmet but not going to do it voluntarily I think one of the biggest hurts is the insurance pricing wish that the U.S carriers were allowed to compete in the Canuk marketplace.Exceeding Old Joe 

I won't be selling the sleds or trailer anytime soon. I won't be buying anymore passes for the season either. Next year it'll be a few trips to the Hali, their poker run, the free trip here and the free trip to Que and after that maybe another trip to que

I won't be selling the sleds or the trailer any time soon. Same as many of you. They are paid for and I'm not concerned about depreciation. I'll keep them long enough that I'll get my value out of them. I'll be the optimist that next year will be a great winter. Sooner or later it has to happen.

If I were to sell them it would be much harder to return to the sport with having to go through acquiring everything.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

This season is going to make it tough to keep sleds in the house. 15 years ago I was riding 5000 kms on good season’s. Thought by now I’d be riding even more. I haven’t ridden 5000 kms in the last 4 years  combined. 120 kms for this season is worse than I ever imagined.

HappyHour at the Mongolian Grill in Lakeland. $2 draft and it’s 28 degrees out.

oh well.......

F4BC7594-3139-4CC7-9D23-0B04D1D58E57.thumb.jpeg.9090004325bef956380841d692e1bfef.jpeg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

$3.00 draft is better deal than sledding.

Edit: they were $2....lol

BE3654BC-6255-4CFF-8476-6686EFBD62E5.thumb.jpeg.e8c2fa3651ba4e51d200d2b3ad5e6fb9.jpeg

Edited by Blackstar

29 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This season is going to make it tough to keep sleds in the house. 15 years ago I was riding 5000 kms on good season’s. Thought by now I’d be riding even more. I haven’t ridden 5000 kms in the last 4 years  combined. 120 kms for this season is worse than I ever imagined.

HappyHour at the Mongolian Grill in Lakeland. $2 draft and it’s 28 degrees out.

oh well.......

F4BC7594-3139-4CC7-9D23-0B04D1D58E57.thumb.jpeg.9090004325bef956380841d692e1bfef.jpeg

So are you saying the glass is half full :bc:

Between the crap year, messing up my back majorly for almost the month of Jan....I have not had the same desire to get out at all.

Not selling my sled though, just yet....after my first and only real ride so far, I was actually looking at some new stuff after that ride....:lol:

Every year, for the last 5 anyways, I have thought about selling mine, but just like I am thinking again this year, after only doing 170 km's, I'll likely try another year again.

I am hoping to retire next June/July and once work is over, it will definitely free up some major time so travelling to snow won't be such a big deal. Of course I hope I don't have to chase the snow, but I should definitely be able to get more riding in. I wanted to take this past Wednesday off and go ride, but of course work got in the way. Winter 2019/20, I will not have that problem thankfully. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Pete Z said:

This is definitely one time that I am not happy to say that I called this one right, but what the hell - Nailed it.

Its all your fault Pete. Also can I park in your driveway to go sledding tomorrow lol. Looks like muskokas will be ok this weekend, besides the road running.

sent a groomer out today to see if we could at least get our main trails open for the weekend. Unfortunately there just is not enough snow. And sadly with the forecast it looks like we could be done. But lets pray for snow. Thanks to all our volunteers for all the hard work. Also thanks to all my groomer operators for all the hard work they did to make amazing trails. And thank u to everyone that rids our trails and supports sno voyageurs. - jeff

Barrie Sno Voyageur 

27752642_1855575077806302_70756151125955