Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

45 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Good thing they stripped 02 of his powers and his vest otherwise he would be in hot pursuit.

smokey-and-the-bandit-5af1106190d7230b.jpg

Seems so fitting!!

Just missing the vest & safety gear...

41 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Allowing what was once stranger's to come to camp and drink with me that turns into great sledding friendships. :lol:

Solid reach around. :bc:

:bc:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Stoney said:

Not a reach around, but of all the guys, Kyle seems to extend and follows through with open offers to ride with just about anyone.....and he has zero issues with just doing it solo!

Riding solo actually rarely ends up solo......lots of folks/strangers on the trail to meet up with and have a good ride with :bc:

Don't call him Kyle :lmao:  its Reevezees 

in general travelling sledders are loners, riding hours without talking to anyone.  The after party is a different story lol :joint: 

6 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Good thing they stripped 02 of his powers and his vest otherwise he would be in hot pursuit.

One of the best movies ever, I used to well still do watch the Gleason show - this movie just brought even higher than the top he was on 

This guy gets a bow 

15 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I don't really care about speeders, especially those in control... it's just the thieves that won't pay for a trail permit that piss me off... Taser those guys for sure.

Things are starting to shape up in Muskoka. If the clubs can get out and groom some of this snow we got this past weekend should see a lot of trails going green. Get out and enjoy it boys, looks like another melt down on it's way starting Family Day weekend. 

19 hours ago, Fozzy said:

I was up in Mont Laurier for Thursday and Friday. Trails were mint with lots of snow.

Where did you stay in Laurier Fozzy? The ride up to that log lodge is awesome, we do that one every trip to Laurier. We are scheduled to be in Laurier Feb 16th for 5 days. Might move it to March if local trails are open. Really tough call right now.

Edited by TheOtherDoonut

15 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

Things are starting to shape up in Muskoka. If the clubs can get out and groom some of this snow we got this past weekend should see a lot of trails going green. Get out and enjoy it boys, looks like another melt down on it's way starting Family Day weekend. 

Nothing above 0

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/14-day-weather-trend/ontario/gravenhurst

18 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

:dunno:

26 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

Ya, the long term forecast has been flipping from good to bad to good daily.  This is definitely the winter to get it while you can in central Ontario.  Our Kearney snowbike ride has been rescheduled to begin of march, hopefully we have good snow then.   Today, around here the field trails are really thin.  My buds say areas with high elevation are ok, but it's shit down low.  Time to book my spring Carib trip, trying to find a resort with lots of German girls. 😎

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, steve6 said:

They only recently changed that forecast. Hopefully they are right. AccuWeather and the Farmers Almanac both are calling for rain in the last week of February and the first week of March. 

Great area, and scenic.  Haven't been up that way in years....

3 hours ago, TheOtherDoonut said:

Where did you stay in Laurier Fozzy? The ride up to that log lodge is awesome, we do that one every trip to Laurier. We are scheduled to be in Laurier Feb 16th for 5 days. Might move it to March if local trails are open. Really tough call right now.

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Nah,

We should be good, that is of course unless @DAVE plans to head back through ON again.

I had a great week of sleddin while I was there. :dunno:

:)

3 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

Driving through Minden today the trails were groomed table top smooth.  

But they are closed, according to the Guide.....better stay off, or phone them to get an update....lol. I’m heading up to my place, everything closed but conditions have never been better.  The OFSC Guide is a joke.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TheOtherDoonut said:

We drove up Wednesday and stayed at the Quality Inn right in town. Thursday we rode 440km to Saint Michel des Saints and spent the night there at Le Central, rode back Friday and trucked home Friday night. Thursday nights is a must at La Central.

Trails are open all over the place now, and the guide shows that.  Lol   You sure you're on the correct website? 

Even the Ganny's green.  :)    Ride safe boys!

4 hours ago, Poncho said:

But they are closed, according to the Guide.....better stay off, or phone them to get an update....lol. I’m heading up to my place, everything closed but conditions have never been better.  The OFSC Guide is a joke.

Edited by Puzzleboy

8 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Trails are open all over the place now, and the guide shows that.  Lol   You sure you're on the correct website? 

Even the Ganny's green.  :)    Ride safe boys!

I see your on the site at 01:00 or 02:00 in the am.....you must get pretty tired at work the next day. 

11 hours ago, Fozzy said:

We drove up Wednesday and stayed at the Quality Inn right in town. Thursday we rode 440km to Saint Michel des Saints and spent the night there at Le Central, rode back Friday and trucked home Friday night. Thursday nights is a must at La Central.

We stay at the Quality inn as well, killer breakfast there! Ok i'll bite,  why Le Central on a thurs?  They have a Cabaret? lol

I was up on Kennisis this past weekend figuring on riding the lakes. Ended up doing a  good loop Dwight, Huntsville, Port Sydney and Baysville.  Mostly "closed" trails. It was great, hardly anyone around and trails that would be green in the ganny.  That being said, who ever is in charge of the Haliburton Snowmobile club should step down.  Clearly they have no time to do things as usual.  HALIBURTON COUNTY SNOWMOBILE CLUB IS THE WORST IN ONTARIO!  You would think there would be people looking for a job up there but I guess not.  Wonder where their permit money goes??

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

anyone know why the dtrail is closed from trail 37 north for a few km?

Throwing a dirty hitch in my plans for sunday

It should probably open up I would bet. I might head that way Sunday too. Lakes should be perfect to run from home to to Ghurst. 

1 hour ago, Renegade X said:

I was up on Kennisis this past weekend figuring on riding the lakes. Ended up doing a  good loop Dwight, Huntsville, Port Sydney and Baysville.  Mostly "closed" trails. It was great, hardly anyone around and trails that would be green in the ganny.  That being said, who ever is in charge of the Haliburton Snowmobile club should step down.  Clearly they have no time to do things as usual.  HALIBURTON COUNTY SNOWMOBILE CLUB IS THE WORST IN ONTARIO!  You would think there would be people looking for a job up there but I guess not.  Wonder where their permit money goes??

I disagree.  Almaguin club is probably the worst in Ontario.  I'll give my trail money to the highland rovers next year 

3 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I disagree.  Almaguin club is probably the worst in Ontario.  I'll give my trail money to the highland rovers next year 

ADSC was so good at one time. Now it's groomed to rickwards and Edgewater and the rest is a mine field. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Reevester said:

ADSC was so good at one time. Now it's groomed to rickwards and Edgewater and the rest is a mine field. :lol:

Use to be some of the best trails around.  Now they are the worst. If snow on roads is good sometimes we will take 518 to avoid our club.  Internal squabble has been an issue as well.  The two groomer operators we have were in Quebec sledding  instead of opening trails like everyone else near the start :lol: mark has tried to help but until the internal squabble and more reliable operators are found, it will remain.  Mark does a great job with highland rovers.  Talked to him outside the legion a few weeks ago and thanked him for the hard work :bc: