Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

On 1/24/2018 at 7:32 AM, Reevester said:

Can't take it anymore I need flat trails. Heading for Kirkland lake or possibly New Liskeard next Tuesday the 30th. Then the plan is Wednesday head to Cochrane or timmins Via C trail. Thursday head to Kap and back if in Cochrane or Moonbeam if in Timmins. Friday back to the truck. May be solo for this one so if anyone is up there from the 30th to Feb 2nd let me know. 

Only plus bedside the temps to this winter is simcoe froze early and good. Heading back out today for some fishies. 

You would really do a ride like that by yourself?

16 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

You would really do a ride like that by yourself?

Absolutey. Done 5k miles riding solo the last few years. My schedule allows me a lot of mid week riding. 

My guess is I can meet people to ride with and the trails will be busy. 

from the weekend

Just a reminder that the A trail near the Rock Pine in Marten River actually crosses Hwy 11 at Beaverland Road and goes north on the west side of the Hwy across the Bay into the back property of the Rock Pine then continues North across the hwy again opposite the fuel pumps out front of the motel. Vice Versa going south. Someone went into the open water today while trying to continue straight through on the east side. Ride Safe - Stay Dry follow the Trail signs.

26992765_973597416124811_870600387267023

shitty way to end your day 

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

from the weekend

Just a reminder that the A trail near the Rock Pine in Marten River actually crosses Hwy 11 at Beaverland Road and goes north on the west side of the Hwy across the Bay into the back property of the Rock Pine then continues North across the hwy again opposite the fuel pumps out front of the motel. Vice Versa going south. Someone went into the open water today while trying to continue straight through on the east side. Ride Safe - Stay Dry follow the Trail signs.

26992765_973597416124811_870600387267023

shitty way to end your day 

Driving home from cochrane sunday i saw a guy sitting at the edge of the water. looked like he missed where the trail turns to go across the hwy

2 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I was trucking around Superior many years ago and a couple guys walked out to the edge of the ice to fish and it broke behind them. Poor fuckers were floating away and there was a rescue chopper looking for them.

A few years back on Lake Simcoe hundreds were stranded when the ice broke and floated outward,  this is after warnings to stay off the ice lol

21 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

A few years back on Lake Simcoe hundreds were stranded when the ice broke and floated outward,  this is after warnings to stay off the ice lol

Happened twice to a guy I know.  The one you speak of and a few years prior to that the same thing happened

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

The best I saw was two guys in a tinny on Simcoe in the spring. It looks like they motored out there and got up on the ice and turned it parralel so the could fish in the open water. Pretty ingenious

A snowmobile operator has been charged following a collision that left one man with life-threatening injuries.

Ontario Provincial Police with the West Parry Sound detachment responded to the collision shortly before midnight Friday.

The Seguin Fire Department and Parry Sound Emergency Medical Services also responded to the crash on Otter Lake.

The operators of both sleds were transported to hospital, one with non-life threatening injuries and the other with life threatening injuries. Investigation has revealed that alcohol was a factor in this crash.

The OPP Technical Collision Investigators were deployed to Otter Lake to assist in the investigation.

Justin Pinch, 29, of Wheatley, Ont., has been charged with driving while ability impaired causing bodily harm, exceeding 80 milligrams blood alcohol content causing bodily harm and careless driving.

The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Parry Sound Feb. 15.

The investigation is continuing.

Just on the news about a red pickup a fair piece of shore in Simcoe where the front end went through the ice. Another pickup closer to shore with the front end through the ice. They say there are spots with 18" but this year the thickness is very inconsistent.

It would be an interesting conversation with the insurance company.

7 minutes ago, Poncho said:

OK explains the conditions.  We are hurting in eastern Ontario

Same with central Ontario too. Look to be getting a bit in muskoka the next week should get things going again. Good base in spots. 

Different world up here. Tons on base and close to 3ft in the bush.