Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

We always get a January thaw.... :)   Snowing hard here; Toronto groomers are out. 

Ya, but that usually comes before we have anything really established....when you go from potentially a great looking year, to this...it is a real kick in the head.

Plus, just a few days ago it was a minor mild spell with cold & snow to follow....could not get any better than that, settle things down nice, than hit with cold and snow! 

Edited by Stoney

Kinda good that we aren't getting the snow they had initially called for this weekend.  It might give things a chance to freeze back up. Every low-lying area is flooded and there is LOTS of water moving in the bush.

We did lose a surprising amount of snow in Muskoka though. I have seen warmer, wetter and more prolonged weather do less damage to the snowpack.  I guess with the extreme cold things were never able to set up and with it being so loose it melted easily. 

41 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Yeah I got kinda lazy this year. 

Just busting yer balls.  I actually think that you should add a rusty appliance or two to your front porch, put an old dead Snowcruiser on the lawn and a broke down Yardworks lawn tractor out front. It'll help you blend into the neighbourhood. 

Edited by Pete Z

41 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

Just busting yer balls.  I actually think that you should add a rusty appliance or two to your front porch, put an old dead Snowcruiser on the lawn and a broke down Yardworks lawn tractor out front. It'll help you blend into the neighbourhood. 

We're ok here in the hood. Our redneck neighbours have it all covered lol As far as the rusty appliances go no need as we are old relics and sit on the porch

Edited by smokin george
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

All gone now. I'm sure I'll get back in one day.

I said the same thing to myself when our sleds and trailer was pulling out of the driveway hooked to the back of someone else's truck. 

Now a week later here I sit in Muskoka,  it's mid-January, the snowmobile trail crosses my property and I couldn't go for a decent ride if I wanted to. If I  had any sellers remorse at the time,  I am certainly not feeling it now.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

I said the same thing to myself when our sleds and trailer was pulling out of the driveway hooked to the back of someone else's truck. 

Now a week later here I sit in Muskoka,  it's mid-January, the snowmobile trail crosses my property and I couldn't go for a decent ride if I wanted to. If I  had any sellers remorse at the time,  I am certainly not feeling it now.  

You just let me know what you want and I’ll find it for ya , sled , bike , what Eva :) 

Edited by StevieWonder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

It's gonna come back lol

20170115_125646.jpg

47 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

You just let me know what you want and I’ll find it for ya , sled , bike , what Eva :) 

I'm actually looking to upgrade the old Cheetah Touring. She's hauled a lot of wood and is still a good machine, but it is getting a little tired. So I am on the hunt for a replacement. An Enticer 410 would be ideal, but I am open to any and all suggestions.  Needs to be a long track,  fan cooled and have a hitch and reverse. A 340 twin or larger is preferred, but I am not opposed to a Bravo Trapper if the price was right. 

41 minutes ago, smokin george said:

It's gonna come back lol

20170115_125646.jpg

They are calling for more plus temps and rain next weekend. Total bullshit. 

1 hour ago, Pete Z said:

I agree. Was happy as hell yesterday after I watched the last one go. Too much heart ache and crap associated.  Too cold. Too hot no snow. Blah blah blah

Still will be looking for a snowmodrinking sled to rip around on. 

Although I need a ranger so that's the next purchase after  I sell my Polaris 700 atv.

Edited by Usedtoskidoo
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

I agree. Was happy as hell yesterday after I watched the last one go. Too much heart ache and crap associated.  Too cold. Too hot no snow. Blah blah blah

Although I need a ranger so that's the next purchase after  I sell my Polaris 700 atv.

The last few years I have had more fun on my bush beater sleds than anything. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pete Z said:

I'm actually looking to upgrade the old Cheetah Touring. She's hauled a lot of wood and is still a good machine, but it is getting a little tired. So I am on the hunt for a replacement. An Enticer 410 would be ideal, but I am open to any and all suggestions.  Needs to be a long track,  fan cooled and have a hitch and reverse. A 340 twin or larger is preferred, but I am not opposed to a Bravo Trapper if the price was right. 

They are calling for more plus temps and rain next weekend. Total bullshit. 

EC isn't yet, hope they are correct.

2 hours ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Added another quad last June to upgrade my Kingquad.  Could be the future.

1 minute ago, smokin george said:

Looks like the trip to Que has been kiboshed due to no snow. New plans made and going up to Cochrane instead

No snow in QC.....really?

Just talking to a co worker before the thaw we had and mentioned that had 6' on his lawn....he lives just outside of Montreal.