Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

1 hour ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

My daughters boyfriend, when she has one will get a cold shoulder and a kick in the ass.

An old acquaintance told me a funny story of when he met his future father-in-law for the first time.  He was so worried to make a good first impression and after the greeting he asked his future bride if she thought it went well.  She responded, "I think so, so far you're the only one he didn't shove his hand down his pants first before shaking your hand".

True story.

:lol:

28 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

An old acquaintance told me a funny story of when he met his future father-in-law for the first time.  He was so worried to make a good first impression and after the greeting he asked his future bride if she thought it went well.  She responded, "I think so, so far you're the only one he didn't shove his hand down his pants first before shaking your hand".

True story.

I have never had a problem with fathers..... yet ...... :whistle:

33 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

True story.

My wife's family is Polish. She set me up. Meeting her dad for the first time I had memorized a phrase in Polish. As I shook his hand I said my phrase and he burst out laughing. Apparently the translation is Hi, nice to meet you old geezer.

Just wait until you start dating girls. 

(Severn chicks you're related to, doesn't really count). 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I have never had a problem with fathers..... yet ...... :whistle:

Edited by Puzzleboy
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Reevester said:

It does it every year when the ice gets thick or it is making it quick like it did the previous 2 weeks. It was 5 feet high at the end of my road too we just knock it down with spud bars so we can get out. We don't call the news or put it on Facebook.

The area where the idiot on the atv drove into the water was from a crack and the ice push up one side and under the other side. Which there are a lot of this year off of every point from shore again because it's making ice. 

And when the wall or pressure crack gets too high, out come the chain saws....haven't seen that in a few years though.

When you ride a Doo, you just drive over those little bumps.....

7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

And when the wall or pressure crack gets too high, out come the chain saws....haven't seen that in a few years though.

17 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

When you ride a Doo, you just drive over those little bumps.....

I guess that explains a lot about your train of thought on things....thinking you might have hit the wrong side of those pressure cracks a few too many times... :)

Also explains why you have gone through so many sleds too...and the "salvaged" sleds you like to ride. 

Little bumps... :lol:You obviously have not rode many frozen lakes on a real cold, cold winter.

Was a joke, son. 

But have crossed the cracks on Simcoe often; not fun at night, particularly.

Never wrecked a sled yet; true story!

Just now, Stoney said:

I guess that explains a lot about your train of thought on things....thinking you might have hit the wrong side of those pressure cracks a few too many times... :)

Also explains why you have gone through so many sleds too...and the "salvaged" sleds you like to ride. 

Little bumps... :lol:You obviously have not rode many frozen lakes on a real cold, cold winter.

3 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Was a joke, son. 

But have crossed the cracks on Simcoe often; not fun at night, particularly.

Never wrecked a sled yet; true story!

Ya, I got that....."father".

Still explains a few things about you though....:guzzle:

I have had a couple of bad wipe outs on Simcoe.....but still here to laugh & joke about them.....also seen a few that the people are no longer here to laugh and joke about them, very sad!

Edited by Stoney

4 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

How do you wipe out, in the middle of a lake?  :)

Speed and lack of vision are my faults/excuses......or just plain stupidity....

I was lucky enough to hit the correct side of a large pressure crack.

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Ya, I got that....."father".

Still explains a few things about you though....:guzzle:

I have had a couple of bad wipe outs on Simcoe.....but still here to laugh & joke about them.....also seen a few that the people are no longer here to laugh and joke about them, very sad!

Guy at work hit one of those Simcoe pressure cracks a few years back with his Mach....destroyed the sled.   He received two broken wrists, cracked ribs and a ton of other injuries.  He was lucky.

in 1979 I was crossing Simcoe with my buddies at night.....black night, no moon.....he is right beside me then bang right through a fishing hut.....lucky not a mark on him....fish hut totalled.......and no booze involved either. I hate Simcoe and try to avoid it your head needs to be on a swivel....

Have ventured out in the daylight there - no cracks.  4 hours later returning at night, and they had formed. 

You gotta know that lake, that's for sure.

Good thing the fisherman was not in the hut!

You were on a DOO?

12 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Speed and lack of vision are my faults/excuses......or just plain stupidity....

I was lucky enough to hit the correct side of a large pressure crack.

Just now, Puzzleboy said:

You were on a DOO?

:lol:no, but the one time I was following one (yes following), an old Mach that my brother was on....could not see 10 feet in front of me, and then there was that pressure crack....

No, it was that tiny track that they had on them, may 5/8" if you were lucky and his was so warn, likely less than an 1/2"....no wonder the dream o meter said he was going so fast, the sled had no traction. But that shitty old track did work well on my old sled trailer!

My brother had that Doo super ego back than, so I was being the nice bigger brother and letting him feel good....