Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

38 minutes ago, 02sled said:

a lot of the forecasts are varying significantly for Thursday. They all use the same raw data from environment Canada and then do their own predictions

I look at instant weather on FB now and they seem to be pretty well nuts on for the weather.  They are calling right now for us to receive 30-70 cm's of snow by sunday.  Orillia is on the line for 30-50 and the 50-70

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

I look at instant weather on FB now and they seem to be pretty well nuts on for the weather.  They are calling right now for us to receive 30-70 cm's of snow by sunday.  Orillia is on the line for 30-50 and the 50-70

how much ice is on georgian bay? 

seems there is still alot of lake effect happening 

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

a lot of the forecasts are varying significantly for Thursday. They all use the same raw data from environment Canada and then do their own predictions

Factory Recreation in Midland or Quinns in Pefferlaw.

I called St Onge, they had nothing and did not want to do anything unless I put down a deposit for them to look.  Bye Bye.

I called Factory Rec and they were nice enough to quote me, but had no inventory but said they could get me what I wanted.  Still on the list.

At this point I have decided I want to snow check a sled for next year and it will be between a Poo Assault/XCR or a Doo Adrenaline.  Its 50/50 at this point.

18 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I called St Onge, they had nothing and did not want to do anything unless I put down a deposit for them to look.  Bye Bye.

I called Factory Rec and they were nice enough to quote me, but had no inventory but said they could get me what I wanted.  Still on the list.

At this point I have decided I want to snow check a sled for next year and it will be between a Poo Assault/XCR or a Doo Adrenaline.  Its 50/50 at this point.

I will put a plus 1 for factory rec.  Bought a seadoo from em and likely will again this year 

6 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I will put a plus 1 for factory rec.  Bought a seadoo from em and likely will again this year 

Kev good service is really judged only when something goes wrong and how well that gets corrected.

A good sale means very little.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Kev good service is really judged only when something goes wrong and how well that gets corrected.

A good sale means very little.

they made me happy.  they do service on it for winter prep etc no issues.  :bc: 

4 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

Snowzilla or a Snowmageddon?

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Puzzleboy said:

Saw this average car on the 401 today.  Wonder what his summer car looks like. 

Lambo 1.JPG

Lambo 2.JPG

Now you've done it. RR has already called the cops.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They weren't too helpful when I drove up to see if they had any leftovers back in '07 for the No No No end of season clearout. The clown that answered the phone @ Machine Racing (long gone) acted like he'd never heard of the promotion. BRP had a quarter page ad in the Sun FFS!

Edited by revrnd

Try Snow City.  I've had 99% good dealings with them.  The one time there was an issue, I e-mailed George directly, and he took care of it. 

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

10 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Try Snow City.  I've had 99% good dealings with them.  The one time there was an issue, I e-mailed George directly, and he took care of it. 

I'm gonna snow check one.  I can call to see if they have any demo's to try but man Doo dealers think the product sells itself.

I once asked for a quote on an ATV, I believe from Rocco.  He told he could knock $500 off list after he drove the shit out of one he would be demoing that weekend.:lol:

I told him I didn't want used.:lol:

10 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Lambo 1.JPG

Lambo 2.JPG

On the way home yesterday I thought it wad odd. Saw a Nissan GTR on the 401 then going north on the 400 I heard a roar but all I saw in the mirror was the taillights of a Ferrari which was going south near Finch. Unlike you though, I kept my hands on the wheel, no pictures.

11 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Lambo 1.JPG

Lambo 2.JPG

Guys that are that rich dont care about the road conditions.   My buddy owns a Porsche dealership and he says the majority of 911 owners drive them year round.  There is a chinese kid in Stratford that has snow tires on his Lambo.  

14 hours ago, Reevester said:

Another beauty day on the trails today. 

20180109_135550.jpg

Looks nice!

11 hours ago, Glenn in Caledon said:

228miles today after a 1am wake up call to salt in etobicoke. Most was a nice ride. Odd spot had some serious drifting challenges to get through. 

510miles on the season now. Not a bad start for me.

IMG_20180109_205827_237.jpg

I'm sure you are loving the new ride!

11 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Lambo 1.JPG

Lambo 2.JPG

You are confused, that is not an average car....but if I recall, you were comparing an average Vette to these....:fluffy:

11 hours ago, revrnd said:

They weren't too helpful when I drove up to see if they had any leftovers back in '07 for the No No No end of season clearout. The clown that answered the phone @ Machine Racing (long gone) acted like he'd never heard of the promotion. BRP had a quarter page ad in the Sun FFS!

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'm gonna snow check one.  I can call to see if they have any demo's to try but man Doo dealers think the product sells itself.

I once asked for a quote on an ATV, I believe from Rocco.  He told he could knock $500 off list after he drove the shit out of one he would be demoing that weekend.:lol:

I told him I didn't want used.:lol:

Exactly what I felt when I first looked at Doo years ago.

Machine turned me completely off them and there was no effort to try and sell the sled, it was as if they were doing me a favour to sell me one, so unfortunately I took Doo off my list....

Snowzilla or a Snowmageddon?

Snowzilla.  Hope it pans out but am waiting for them to post their forecast again.  TWN has already dropped Saturdays sow from 20cm to 3cm but upped the rain tomorrow to 20mm

15 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

how much ice is on georgian bay? 

seems there is still alot of lake effect happening 

Not sure.  Some spots look good bot others not so good for ice.  

14 hours ago, Reevester said:

Another beauty day on the trails today. 

20180109_135550.jpg

Get it while you can.  Looks like it's coming to a screeching hault  later today