Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

11 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Good to see Pardeep and Jarvinder out enjoying the weather. 

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Are they wearing turbines ?

It actually would be great to see new Canadians (or more likely their 1st generation kids) take up snowmobiling.  Could only help the sport in the long run.

11 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

He'll be fine in the cold, as long as you don't put one of those racer fanboi MX helmets on him.....

I don't think we'll take him out in -22 for a daytime high. I'd be picking the full face helmet for that day.

Merry Christmas ya filthy animal. :bc:

36 minutes ago, TheOtherDoonut said:

That's awesome...My boys 8 & 10 are going to find this picture of their first sled under the tree. She's been hiding in the locked trailer at the cottage :)

IMG_20171210_163902.jpg

Get ready for lots of arguments whose turn it is to drive it! Also, just in case you don't know, those little suckers can reach 60 mph give or take. 

1 hour ago, Pete Z said:

It actually would be great to see new Canadians (or more likely their 1st generation kids) take up snowmobiling.  Could only help the sport in the long run.

I was in the D7 booth at the snowmobile show a couple of years ago. A family stopped by. They had just immigrated to Canada from Mexico. They had just bought a two up sled and were shopping for the gear to go with it. Dad said he wanted his kids to enjoy life in Canada and all the fun things that were available to them. If they found it as much fun as they were sure it would be they would be getting a second two up sled.

Same to you, crazy bastid!  Keep junior warm.  When are we riding?  :)

8 hours ago, Reevester said:

I don't think we'll take him out in -22 for a daytime high. I'd be picking the full face helmet for that day.

Merry Christmas ya filthy animal. :bc:

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

Anytime, you just let me know. Simcoe will be froze in a few weeks and open up options. I'm riding from now till end of March I hope. :bc:

3 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

If you manage to get out with Reevy, you will likely beat last years total miles on just that single ride, he likes to ride....might be a banner year for you :pc:  

Make sure that Doo  is tuned and ready to go....

1 hour ago, Reevester said:

Anytime, you just let me know. Simcoe will be froze in a few weeks and open up options. I'm riding from now till end of March I hope. :bc:

What reports are you hearing about Simcoe?

It is looking promising though that Simcoe should be good this year, been a few years for that.

4 minutes ago, Stoney said:

If you manage to get out with Reevy, you will likely beat last years total miles on just that single ride, he likes to ride....might be a banner year for you :pc:  

It is looking promising though that Simcoe should be good this year, been a few years for that.

Ouch.  Lol.

On 12/23/2017 at 5:42 PM, Reevester said:

27 miles so far with the boy and he's loving it. 

20171223_152536.jpg

That is awesome!

How old is the boy again, just over 2 isn't he?  Last year my boy was just over 2.5 years for his first ride with dad and he loved it!  

43 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Wanted to ice over but it blew apart yesterday and I just came inside and I could hear the waves. With the cold and a calm few days it will happen. Cooks bay is iced over.

38 minutes ago, Stoney said:

That is awesome!

How old is the boy again, just over 2 isn't he?  Last year my boy was just over 2.5 years for his first ride with dad and he loved it!  

Turned 2 in October.

18 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Wanted to ice over but it blew apart yesterday and I just came inside and I could hear the waves. With the cold and a calm few days it will happen. Cooks bay is iced over.

Turned 2 in October.

It is a beauty night out there this evening....snow is falling, there is already snow on the ground and it is cold...that looks to be sticking around for the next 2 weeks :bc:

9 hours ago, Stoney said:

It is a beauty night out there this evening....snow is falling, there is already snow on the ground and it is cold...that looks to be sticking around for the next 2 weeks :bc:

Really was a nice night with the snow. Got about 4". Lots to work with now and trails opening every day more local. Can't ask for more. 

I'll be heading out all week hopefully.

Merry Christmas. 

:bc:

1 hour ago, Reevester said:

Really was a nice night with the snow. Got about 4". Lots to work with now and trails opening every day more local. Can't ask for more. 

I'll be heading out all week hopefully.

Merry Christmas. 

:bc:

Be safe, enjoy and Merry Christmas as well :bc:

On 12/24/2017 at 6:34 PM, Puzzleboy said:

TOD, ya gotta bring it right inside the house, like my Dad did back in 1972/73.  :)

Christmas 1972.JPG

Your Dad was clearly awesome!

My boys thought I pranked them...they were awe it's just a picture of a sled. I guess youtube has ruined them lol.

IMG_20171225_082205.jpg

21 hours ago, Kev144 said:

have not far off a foot here.  maybe 6-7" last night 

I'm going to have to check my snow stick back at the Shelter on B Trail when I pack my trails later today, but I figure that we have close to 2 feet of snow now after the squalls last night. 

• Like 4

On Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at 8:49 AM, TheOtherDoonut said:

Your Dad was clearly awesome!

My boys thought I pranked them...they were awe it's just a picture of a sled. I guess youtube has ruined them lol.

IMG_20171225_082205.jpg

We put my son's Z120 on the deck on Christmas eve when he was 4. After he thought all the presents were opened, we asked him to let the cat in. He literally did an involuntary head butt into the glass door when he looked out ! Boy has not been right since:) Thankfully there was snow because half hour later he was out doing laps around the back field.

Now at 14, he still has the bug. He has burnt tow tanks of gas this week and I haven't made it out of the yard yet.

• Like 3