Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

14 minutes ago, Reevester said:

:lol:

Rail lines are going to open soon me thinks.... How much snow up there now? My old man went to take a little peak at holli for sliders and said there was 8" last friday I think. :bc:

They pulled the barriers on the rail line yesterday at division road so I think they will be packing tonight.  We have a foot or so of snow on the ground now.

2 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

They pulled the barriers on the rail line yesterday at division road so I think they will be packing tonight.  We have a foot or so of snow on the ground now.

Sounds like some more tommorow and again middle of next week. Probably be guys on cooch this weekend for some wormy perch. 

15 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Sounds like some more tommorow and again middle of next week. Probably be guys on cooch this weekend for some wormy perch. 

I wouldn't doubt it.  Cooch just froze over on Monday so you can guarantee someone will be out there ice fishing.  The snow that's on the way will be nice to get if they can get the trails packed.  I would think the rail line should be good to go in a week or so out to Midland.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

I wouldn't doubt it.  Cooch just froze over on Monday so you can guarantee someone will be out there ice fishing.  The snow that's on the way will be nice to get if they can get the trails packed.  I would think the rail line should be good to go in a week or so out to Midland.

Yep warming up a touch should get some moisture in the snow. Be nice to have a decent base if we get a thaw in the new year. Damn good start so far. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reevester said:

:lol:

Rail lines are going to open soon me thinks.... How much snow up there now? My old man went to take a little peak at holli for sliders and said there was 8" last friday I think. :bc:

May well be true... I heard that the current challenge for some of those rail lines is that the snow is very light and fluffy due to low temperatures. Apparently it is packing but not as well as they would like. Better than not at all though. Collingwood, Wasaga, Midland, Penetang area have 5 units out packing the trails.

I am getting excited. With more snow coming over the next two weeks and continued below freezing temps we should see many trails open for the holiday season. i think this will be the best start in the past ten seasons. The January forecast looks great as well, we may have a solid season across much of the province and give many the enjoyment of not having to trailer to snow.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Taillight said:

A friend bought a place close to the Toyota dealership and I will be leaving my trailer there. so it might be a great place to leave from

Does your friend ride?

The drive from Newmarket to Orillia shouldn't be too bad, might be something you can look at too!