Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, snowbear said:

Nice Tim !! Did Di add the pink flower or was that on there?

Di ordered them online when we ordered the cart last week. Just picked it up today and she put all the decals on it.

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Kinda worried about you Tim. An awful lotta pink around that area. LOL

Way better than living in Ontario, and waiting for cold and snow, that might or might not come.

Enjoy.

Getting a little worried myself but, hey, it’s not my place. She bought this on her own. Driveway was painted to match the shutters. Painting some of the trim tomorrow.

And it’s not pink, it’s coral.....lol

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Trade in the Cat, Doo & Yami to become a snowbird....

Nice towing mirrors on the club car too.....whens the lift and A/T tires going on

I’m no snowbird yet although I’m not sure Di will be riding sleds much more.

Not trading anything in just adding another toy. Something to get back and forth to the beer/food place when we fly down.

No lift right now. Did do some 10” wheels.

AC60350F-63AE-47B0-A6C8-37934A3D98DF.thumb.jpeg.9d2c875ca6ea8bf893212cdbd311f1ce.jpeg

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Might as well hand in the man card.  Lol.

Yep, did that today for sure. I’m riding bitch in this thing.

• Like 1

From the weather network,

Friday, December 1, 2017, 5:22 PM - In the wake of next week’s Colorado Low and the pattern change that follows, a shot of Arctic air will return temperatures to more typical December-like cold. 

And with the Great Lakes still quite warm this early in the season, that means the lake effect snow machine will be up and running, leading to multiple days of snow squalls late next week and continuing into next weekend.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Di ordered them online when we ordered the cart last week. Just picked it up today and she put all the decals on it.

Getting a little worried myself but, hey, it’s not my place. She bought this on her own. Driveway was painted to match the shutters. Painting some of the trim tomorrow.

And it’s not pink, it’s coral.....lol

I’m no snowbird yet although I’m not sure Di will be riding sleds much more.

Not trading anything in just adding another toy. Something to get back and forth to the beer/food place when we fly down.

No lift right now. Did do some 10” wheels.

AC60350F-63AE-47B0-A6C8-37934A3D98DF.thumb.jpeg.9d2c875ca6ea8bf893212cdbd311f1ce.jpeg

Yep, did that today for sure. I’m riding bitch in this thing.

Are SXS's street legal there?  

Well at least you won't have to be concerned with theft.:lol:

Wear dark sunglasses.

1 hour ago, 2strokemerc said:

From the weather network,

Friday, December 1, 2017, 5:22 PM - In the wake of next week’s Colorado Low and the pattern change that follows, a shot of Arctic air will return temperatures to more typical December-like cold. 

And with the Great Lakes still quite warm this early in the season, that means the lake effect snow machine will be up and running, leading to multiple days of snow squalls late next week and continuing into next weekend.

Looking good after Tuesday.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Are SXS's street legal there?  

Well at least you won't have to be concerned with theft.:lol:

Wear dark sunglasses.

I don’t think so. The golf cart thing you get away with for a short distance.

We can cut through the next park over and then the side of the ditch for a couple hundred feet to hit the gas station for beer and fried chicken.

The sign says they have Fried Gizzards too but I’m not that brave.

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

We can cut through the next park over and then the side of the ditch for a couple hundred feet to hit the gas station for beer and fried chicken.

Gizzards are good , grits , collarded greens . Good times ! 

18 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Electric or gas?  

Lots of interesting stuff down south.

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I think I am selling my bike though.

Rode it to Key West and I’m thinking that it for bikes. Just not for me any more.

5C73C426-F591-4766-8DC6-23A64D21A884.thumb.jpeg.add3743d94259a442aa2b11d72f24231.jpeg

It happens. I have a good friend at work who said the same thing. Just lost interest and purchased a sports car instead. I asked if was because of too many "Oh shit" moments, and surprisingly, he said no, just time to move on.  

18 minutes ago, irv said:

It happens. I have a good friend at work who said the same thing. Just lost interest and purchased a sports car instead. I asked if was because of too many "Oh shit" moments, and surprisingly, he said no, just time to move on.  

Just over 3 hours of riding and I said to Di “I think I would have preferred to drive that in the truck.

No “Oh Shit” moments or anything just no thrill in riding, would rather be comfortable in my truck. And keeping the bike around for a couple of 30 minute rides a year just doesn’t make sense.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Just over 3 hours of riding and I said to Di “I think I would have preferred to drive that in the truck.

No “Oh Shit” moments or anything just no thrill in riding, would rather be comfortable in my truck. And keeping the bike around for a couple of 30 minute rides a year just doesn’t make sense.

One of the main reasons I sold my Atv's and my dirt bike. Too much money/hassle with insurance, trail passes, mtce n storage, etc, and not enough time to justify keeping them. I don't blame you.

I asked in the photo post what you used on your trailer roof? Is that Rexoseal or something different? I did our middle seam this past summer with some stuff I got from a roofer at work. It's Bitumen and something else and worked great, but being brown, I don't want to use it on the outside seams as they will stick out like a sore thumb. I am either going to go with Rexoseal, or whatever I can get up here, or use Eternabond  RV tape? 

12 hours ago, StevieWonder said:

Gizzards are good , grits , collarded greens . Good times ! 

don't forget chitlins... or that down south favourite, biscuits and thicker than oatmeal white gravy.

One thing I do like that I had in Oklahoma is chicken fried steak

14 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Electric or gas?  

Lots of interesting stuff down south.

Electric.

ya tons of options. This thing was a lease return from a course. They must of had 50 of them lined up in the back.

On 12/2/2017 at 6:50 PM, Blackstar said:

I think I am selling my bike though.

Rode it to Key West and I’m thinking that it for bikes. Just not for me any more.

5C73C426-F591-4766-8DC6-23A64D21A884.thumb.jpeg.add3743d94259a442aa2b11d72f24231.jpeg

Where in Florida is your place?  My old man is in Bradenton.  Heading down in Feb sometime with my bike to ride to Key West. Too bad you're getting out, bikes are the best!