Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

3 hours ago, Glenn in Caledon said:

They do have a thicker centre keel then the stockers.

Polaris has the mounting holes too far back on the stock skis on the axys and they where hard on the front. I snapped the carbide off because it wore the runner out while still having carbide off. 

Those skis desperately need shims and some type of ski saver under the carbide. I just decided to replace with in the better skis.

Edit- I never had problems with the skis on my pro ride either (2 sets of carbides in 6000 miles) The axys sleds seem to wreck the skis a lot worse then the old Chassis ever did even though they are the exact same ski. 

Interesting. I’ve seen some guys shim skis on the Pro Ride sleds but I’ve not seen abnormal wear. Sadly I don’t have any experience with AXYS based sleds. :( 

4 hours ago, TheOtherDoonut said:

Are we talking sleds on freedom sledder? Pinch me I must be dreaming.

You have to follow each thread closely as the odd sled comments are thrown in once in a while just to keep things on track :lol: 

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2017/11/20/prepare-for-more-snow-than-usual-this-winter-forecasters-say.html

One of Canada’s high profile weather forecasters is warning Canadians across the country to brace for a whole lot of snow this winter.

Chris Scott, The Weather Network’s chief meteorologist, says the message from his forecast team is “buckle up, because it looks like a stormy winter.”

Scott says this year’s La Nina weather system bears a striking resemblance to that of 2007-2008, when Toronto had its snowiest winter on record.

“History tells us that when we have cooler waters off the coast of South America, that’s La Nina, and those winters tend to be classic Canadian winters.”

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Cochrane is running their drag.

6 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Depending on the weather this Tuesday, they say they may be open this week

Going from -8 Monday night to +7 on Tues during the day, than back into the colder for the remainder of the week....guessing Tues high will be short lived with little damage.

4 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Going from -8 Monday night to +7 on Tues during the day, than back into the colder for the remainder of the week....guessing Tues high will be short lived with little damage.

It may just make things even better. Some of it melts adding moisture to what is there then back to the cold for the rest of the week just may make for a well packed and solid base.

26 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Depending on the weather this Tuesday, they say they may be open this week

Depending on how busy things are I would not mind heading up for a few days during Christmas if our trails are not ready.