Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

11 hours ago, Pete Z said:

BFD. You can find videos on line which make very convincing arguments that the Earth is flat, or the Moon is actually a huge alien space station, or we are all going to die because the West Yellowstone calderra is going to erupt any day now. 

What I know for sure, without the help of any online videos, is that things have changed significantly since I was a kid. The data shows that things are warming up and my personal observation is that our winters are increasingly shorter and milder. Even more telling is that animals, insects and plants that have  traditionally thrived further south are constantly expanding their range northward and that's definitely not due to things being colder.

What I know for sure is that the climate has been constantly changing since the beginning of time and will continue to change until the end of time. At one point the great lakes area was under ice 1.5 miles thick, Antarctica was tropical and all that changed.... were people and Co2 responsible for the retreat of the ice from actually points even south of the great lakes and the freezing and covering with ice the formerly tropical Antarctica?

You dismiss the online arguments regarding the earth is flat etc. but take as gospel the arguments that man is the cause of the climate change ignoring the facts that climate change is absolutely nothing new.

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

What I know for sure is that the climate has been constantly changing since the beginning of time and will continue to change until the end of time. At one point the great lakes area was under ice 1.5 miles thick, Antarctica was tropical and all that changed.... were people and Co2 responsible for the retreat of the ice from actually points even south of the great lakes and the freezing and covering with ice the formerly tropical Antarctica?

You dismiss the online arguments regarding the earth is flat etc. but take as gospel the arguments that man is the cause of the climate change ignoring the facts that climate change is absolutely nothing new.

Pete, 02 is absolutely right. Climate change has been going on since before we were on this earth. The only question, which will never be answered is, how much is mankind speeding up that process now?

New discoveries, deep within the oceans, supercede the bible and our believes. Many sunken cities, that predate the caveman are being discovered all the time and prove that not only mankind has been around a lot longer than originally thought, but they were far more intelligent than originally thought too. Some of these sunken cities are miles below the surface.  

The people from the Wiarton area must be traumatized that their beloved rodent has kicked the bucket. Here everybody is talking about climate change,squirrels and lousy sledding seasons and those poor bastards won't be able to tell when spring is coming. Global warming has screwed everything up and living proof is the geese don't fly south. I think we're screwed

24 minutes ago, smokin george said:

The people from the Wiarton area must be traumatized that their beloved rodent has kicked the bucket. Here everybody is talking about climate change,squirrels and lousy sledding seasons and those poor bastards won't be able to tell when spring is coming. Global warming has screwed everything up and living proof is the geese don't fly south. I think we're screwed

Good sledding to be had in Nunavut for sure...

5 hours ago, 02sled said:

Good sledding to be had in Nunavut for sure...

Not really. I have worked up in that shithole, and it has lots of sharp rocks, but not very much snow depth. The constant wind seems to blow most of it away., Since it is so cold and windy,  the snow is very light, and is easily moved by the wind.

Lots of utility sleds up there, that are used for hunting, but I didn,t see any mountain or trail sleds around anywhere.

Edited by Frostynuts

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

I see you are bidding farewell to those trail rutting skis as well......

Speaking of crappy skis, why is it that manufacturers of all brands cann,t get the correct ski on the correct sled, from the factory ?

Seems that has got to be one of the most changed out items on every sled out there.

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Speaking of crappy skis, why is it that manufacturers of all brands cann,t get the correct ski on the correct sled, from the factory ?

Seems that has got to be one of the most changed out items on every sled out there.

Here we go....     paging Puzzler

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

Well, if you just buy a Skidoo, you will not have that issue....best sled, including skis, bar none......

The Yellow cool aid tastes real good :news:

Didn't anyone ever tell you... don't eat yellow snow.