Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

47 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Hey Jay, how ya been? :dunno: 

Ousted? For the three days before Robbie lost his shit and shut it down? 

Ya it was tough. :lol: 

Put I did find it funny how you and Dom kept calling out for me when I was gone. I almost felt sorry for you both. 

The things people do when they have a family.......

Or is fortunate enough to not have to travel for work. It really is nice to say goodnight to my kids every night. 

Its just as well.  When companies are paying a shitload to have experts on site they want the A-Team, not junior achievers.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Barrie?

Parry Sound didn't get any according to my webcams.

nearby, haven't gone into Barrie yet but north of Barrie seems to have gotten alot

The wind was blowing due south so Parry will get it next time the wind shifts east off the bay

400 was in bad shape, accidents all over the place

Sunny ways coming next week lol

23 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

nearby, haven't gone into Barrie yet but north of Barrie seems to have gotten alot

The wind was blowing due south so Parry will get it next time the wind shifts east off the bay

400 was in bad shape, accidents all over the place

Sunny ways coming next week lol

It's a waste.

Very interesting video.

Solar cycles are the real driver of climate change, not co2 and we are now heading into a cooling period and there is nothing we can do about it.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/climate/the-clear-present-danger-of-a-global-cooling-not-warming/

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Very interesting video.

Solar cycles are the real driver of climate change, not co2 and we are now heading into a cooling period and there is nothing we can do about it.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/climate/the-clear-present-danger-of-a-global-cooling-not-warming/

BFD. You can find videos on line which make very convincing arguments that the Earth is flat, or the Moon is actually a huge alien space station, or we are all going to die because the West Yellowstone calderra is going to erupt any day now. 

What I know for sure, without the help of any online videos, is that things have changed significantly since I was a kid. The data shows that things are warming up and my personal observation is that our winters are increasingly shorter and milder. Even more telling is that animals, insects and plants that have  traditionally thrived further south are constantly expanding their range northward and that's definitely not due to things being colder.

36 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

BFD. You can find videos on line which make very convincing arguments that the Earth is flat, or the Moon is actually a huge alien space station, or we are all going to die because the West Yellowstone calderra is going to erupt any day now. 

What I know for sure, without the help of any online videos, is that things have changed significantly since I was a kid. The data shows that things are warming up and my personal observation is that our winters are increasingly shorter and milder. Even more telling is that animals, insects and plants that have  traditionally thrived further south are constantly expanding their range northward and that's definitely not due to things being colder.

Just follow the facts Pete.  There has been no global warming over the past two decades and the poles ice is growing.  Yah we have been warming but now its stopped even with levels of co2 rising.  The one thing I know is the climate alarmists have never been right about anything while this groups data and predictions seem more on the ball.

44 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Just follow the facts Pete.  There has been no global warming over the past two decades and the poles ice is growing.  Yah we have been warming but now its stopped even with levels of co2 rising.  The one thing I know is the climate alarmists have never been right about anything while this groups data and predictions seem more on the ball.

Climate has changed and will continue too forever, there is no denying climate change but you can deny or argue the causes.

W5 just did a show on the Yukon and far north, permafrost is  melting.   This was not some scientific thing, it was "hey  look at that melt right before your  eyes"  some places losing 50 meters a year of permafrost land falling into the ocean

could become a big deal for us in Canada

Can it be stopped? probably not

1 hour ago, Pete Z said:

I am not sure where the northern line is for Black Squirrels but they are moving further north every year.  Do you have them where you are?

I don't have any at french river, just those small red squirrels

Edited by 1trailmaker

It's a damn good thing the climate changes, otherwise we'd still be on a massive pile of ice. 

BTW, CO2 levels were much higher on the planet thousands of years ago.  Must have been the industrialization at the time.....

40 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Climate has changed and will continue too forever, there is no denying climate change but you can deny or argue the causes.

W5 just did a show on the Yukon and far north, permafrost is  melting.   This was not some scientific thing, it was "hey  look at that melt right before your  eyes"  some places losing 50 meters a year of permafrost land falling into the ocean

could become a big deal for us in Canada

Can it be stopped? probably not

Well one thing is for certain, politicians will do nothing to stop it.

A lot of science points to a reversal and a cooling trend, but lets not cheer if they are correct cause we'll likely regret it.

10 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

It's a damn good thing the climate changes, otherwise we'd still be on a massive pile of ice. 

BTW, CO2 levels were much higher on the planet thousands of years ago.  Must have been the industrialization at the time.....

There is no friggen way this planet had co2 levels around 280 for most of its life since plants need about 200 just to get started.

41 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I am not sure where the northern line is for Black Squirrels but they are moving further north every year.  Do you have them where you are?

I don't have any at french river, just those small red squirrels

Tree lines were much further north during roman times than they are now.