Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

32 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

We're probably going to get dumped on because I leave for Florida on Saturday :wall:

A friend of mine flew to Florida last Friday and called me yesterday. He was sitting on his deck in t-shirt and shorts, looking out at the golfers on the course. The air conditioning was on in the house. I told him about the forecast snow... he's glad he's there and I'm glad I'm not in Florida.

I hope if we get the snow it melts. We need some frost in the ground first. Forecast for our area for Friday is an overnight low of -12 and daytime high of -5..... a few weeks of that before the snow and we can have a great season.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

A friend of mine flew to Florida last Friday and called me yesterday. He was sitting on his deck in t-shirt and shorts, looking out at the golfers on the course. The air conditioning was on in the house. I told him about the forecast snow... he's glad he's there and I'm glad I'm not in Florida.

I hope if we get the snow it melts. We need some frost in the ground first. Forecast for our area for Friday is an overnight low of -12 and daytime high of -5..... a few weeks of that before the snow and we can have a great season.

November is a perfect month to travel and not be here IMO. 

23 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

November is a perfect month to travel and not be here IMO. 

My friend is gone for the winter and won't be back until April. He invited us to visit them for a couple of weeks during the middle of what is usually prime sled season. We suggested we likely wouldn't be going. I invited him to come home and spend a week snowmobiling (he used to about 20 years ago) and he suggested he likely wouldn't be coming back to the snow.

Everyone has their own preferences and I'm not at a point in my life where I'm willing to give up snowmobiling and he's at a point where he doesn't want to give up sun and warm.

IF and only IF (which isn't going to happen - this will be the snowmobile season to end all snowmobile seasons) the winter fizzles I think we'll call him up and get him to meet us at the airport in Orlando and go for a couple of weeks.

51 minutes ago, 02sled said:

My friend is gone for the winter and won't be back until April. He invited us to visit them for a couple of weeks during the middle of what is usually prime sled season. We suggested we likely wouldn't be going. I invited him to come home and spend a week snowmobiling (he used to about 20 years ago) and he suggested he likely wouldn't be coming back to the snow.

Everyone has their own preferences and I'm not at a point in my life where I'm willing to give up snowmobiling and he's at a point where he doesn't want to give up sun and warm.

IF and only IF (which isn't going to happen - this will be the snowmobile season to end all snowmobile seasons) the winter fizzles I think we'll call him up and get him to meet us at the airport in Orlando and go for a couple of weeks.

I forgot the books you write. :lol: 

November and April are perfect months to travel away from southern Ontario.  You should go visit him and talk him to death. :bc: 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

November and April are perfect months to travel away from southern Ontario.  You should go visit him and talk him to death. :bc: 

LOL.. 

I agree, April is the time to go.  Gonna ride my Harley to Key West this April

46 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

You don't want to read it then don't. Take your insults elsewhere. You perhaps should stay in Florida and enjoy the sun for the whole winter.

3 hours ago, Renegade X said:

LOL.. 

The keys are on my list to visit. Wonder how they are making out after the big hurricane? 

We are headed to Mexico in April after hockey is done.  

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

You don't want to read it then don't. Take your insults elsewhere. You perhaps should stay in Florida and enjoy the sun for the whole winter.

Oh lighten up. :lol:  

Our winter is spent in arenas. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Renegade X said:

LOL.. 

I'm doing the same in 2 weeks and back again in February for the Daytona 500. I hate the idea of leaving Ontario during prime sledding season.

10 hours ago, 02sled said:

It just never seems to happen tho, if it gets cold enough to put frost in the ground early it's the cold enough to whip up major lake effect snow.

• Like 1

Red hasn't been the same since he was ousted outta the TeamButtPlug forum.  Was a Malcontent, like when he called the previous FreedomSledder forum owner an asshole.  

Chris, if you're not riding this year, who will lead the agressive groups through the perilous corners?  :)  How's Kyle/DropCuster, by the way? 

9 hours ago, 02sled said:

Edited by Puzzleboy

9 hours ago, 02sled said:

I think his spreadsheet just crashed thinking about that cost.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Red hasn't been the same since he was ousted outta the TeamButtPlug forum.  Was a Malcontent, like when he called the previous FreedomSledder forum owner an asshole.  

Chris, if you're not riding this year, who will lead the agressive groups through the perilous corners?  :)  How's Kyle/DropCuster, by the way? 

I guess team Puzzledboys vs team Red Rats will be put off til the unforeseeable future.

Red doesn't sled anymore.  He mostly hangs around arena locker rooms apparently.....

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

I guess team Puzzledboys vs team Red Rats will be put off til the unforeseeable future.

18 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

winter weather warning already

15+ cm along Georgian Bay lets see who gets the most?  Its all going to melt

fucking leaves are still on some trees

Its just a tease.  Damn it where are my sleds?

22 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Hey Jay, how ya been? :dunno: 

Ousted? For the three days before Robbie lost his shit and shut it down? 

Ya it was tough. :lol: 

Put I did find it funny how you and Dom kept calling out for me when I was gone. I almost felt sorry for you both. 

21 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Red doesn't sled anymore.  He mostly hangs around arena locker rooms apparently.....

The things people do when they have a family.......

21 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Good thing he doesn't have a real important job that takes him away for weeks.

Or is fortunate enough to not have to travel for work. It really is nice to say goodnight to my kids every night.