Snowmobile News..

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

it will when the pow is deep with  no base .2 sks in our crew were traded in this yr 1 for a pro the other for the new cat . the sks is a great sled if you spend a lot of time in the Midwest woods . same deal as the diff between a HCR and a M snopro . 1 is a competition hill climb sled with the stiffer  track for digging in   .the other has the softer paddle designed to fold over the tips under load to reduce trenching .  if spending more time around places with the more wet heavy snow the sks will be fine . if around that fluff air snow you are fucked

Thanks for the Good info.  I'm a newbie to mountain riding and always looking to learn.  My buddies main reason for an SKS was done extra heat exchanger.  .  Doubt he even knows about the track differences.  

Just now, SnowRider said:

Thanks for the Good info.  I'm a newbie to mountain riding and always looking to learn.  My buddies main reason for an SKS was done extra heat exchanger.  .  Doubt he even knows about the track differences.  

the pro heat exchanger is pretty good at least 1/4 larger than the cat .the cats are flashing over heat way sooner than any pro in fact most pro are not hunting for fluff on the trail if scratchers are out ever . the cats need the scratchers and hunt for fluff when on the packed trail always .

the sks is a sweet sled but if looking for a dedicated deep snow sled the pro is a better option . also can you get a sks with a painted tunnel ? if not fuck that raw tunnels suck they hold a ton more snow and ice . the guys with raw tunnels have to use the rubber hammer at every stop  it seems

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

the pro heat exchanger is pretty good at least 1/4 larger than the cat .the cats are flashing over heat way sooner than any pro in fact most pro are not hunting for fluff on the trail if scratchers are out ever . the cats need the scratchers and hunt for fluff when on the packed trail always .

the sks is a sweet sled but if looking for a dedicated deep snow sled the pro is a better option . also can you get a sks with a painted tunnel ? if not fuck that raw tunnels suck they hold a ton more snow and ice . the guys with raw tunnels have to use the rubber hammer at every stop  it seems

Yes:

20170925_125719.jpg

10 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I agree a Pro for a dedicated trail sled.  Are you on the new cat this year?  

10 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I agree a Pro for a dedicated trail sled.  Are you on the new cat this year?  

no I don't even have 1700 on my 14 yet .that is 3400 in poo 800 miles lol  it only gets used west and I cant even get 6g for it so whats the point. I am holding out for cat to release the bike . I am only 1 of 2 in our crew with out a bike . I want the cat so I can actually register it to use in MN . I don't want to use it on the trail but want to be able to ride from the lot to the woods with out a ticket .

2 guy in my crew have 2 or more bikes  and don't give a shit if any one uses so I have spent a decent amount of time on them . I am getting older and they are a shit ton more ez to ride as long as you don't go over the bars  

Edited by Ez ryder

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

no I don't even have 1700 on my 14 yet . it only gets used west and I cant even get 6g for it so whats the point. I am holding out for cat to release the bike . I am only 1 of 2 in our crew with out a bike . I want the cat so I can actually register it to use in MN . I don't want to use it on the trail but want to be able to ride from the lot to the woods with out a ticket .

2 guy in my crew have 2 or more bikes  and don't give a shit if any one uses so I have spent a decent amount of time on them . I am getting older and they are a shit ton more ez to ride as long as you don't go over the bars  

I'm sure that will be my next progression. Watched a group of 8 bikes cruise around areas we could only dream of in Cooke last year.  Looks like fun and relatively effortless   

Just now, SnowRider said:

I'm sure that will be my next progression. Watched a group of 8 bikes cruise around areas we could only dream of in Cooke last year.  Looks like fun and relatively effortless   

they are great some times and just awful in others . with the deep deep pow with no base at all they suck . pretty much all other times point and go . even when all tracked up from sleds you can be in fresh all day because you are where no sled can go. you do end up over the bars  at least 1 time per trip . and they are a lot more difficult to pick up than you can imagine when by your self . just think about tipping over now you are waist deep in snow and have to tip up a snow filled bike that if currently standing you could prob not reach the seat .

also e start is extremely helpful as are battery heated gloves .

29 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Pretty much always run scratchers down on all the XF's here.

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

they are great some times and just awful in others . with the deep deep pow with no base at all they suck . pretty much all other times point and go . even when all tracked up from sleds you can be in fresh all day because you are where no sled can go. you do end up over the bars  at least 1 time per trip . and they are a lot more difficult to pick up than you can imagine when by your self . just think about tipping over now you are waist deep in snow and have to tip up a snow filled bike that if currently standing you could prob not reach the seat .

also e start is extremely helpful as are battery heated gloves .

Interesting info.  I'm not familiar at all with the bikes.  Definitely a lot to learn and it looks like there has been major improvements the last couple years. 

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Pretty much always run scratchers down on all the XF's here.

lol and the xf actually have a exchanger longer than 12 inches. I get why cat is using only a fr exchanger but they really need to do a Midwest version with a at least 3/4 length exchanger .

I use my M from time to time in the mid west but would a whole lot more if it had a real exchanger .  

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

Interesting info.  I'm not familiar at all with the bikes.  Definitely a lot to learn and it looks like there has been major improvements the last couple years. 

rent them for a day learning curve is short . you are at or over the price of a new loaded mountain sled when all said and done for sure

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

lol and the xf actually have a exchanger longer than 12 inches. I get why cat is using only a fr exchanger but they really need to do a Midwest version with a at least 3/4 length exchanger .

I use my M from time to time in the mid west but would a whole lot more if it had a real exchanger .  

Riding a XF without scratchers is well, not fun.  I'd probably ditch the Viper for a good holdover XF, but am thinking something like the 7000 version might need to be the next one.  

44 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Riding a XF without scratchers is well, not fun.  I'd probably ditch the Viper for a good holdover XF, but am thinking something like the 7000 version might need to be the next one.  

last xf I have owned was sold in 09 . I did have a M 1000 that I would swap skids and tracks and DD secondary and primary on . I could swap that thing over to flat landing in under 2 hrs by my self  

7 minutes ago, stealth bomber said:

Is that just a pic you pulled off google SnowRider?  Looks a lot like my local dealer.  

Yes.  Bought the exact same sled and pick it up next week.  Only had stock photos of black 1200 MXZ.  In fact I had my dealer find one as all they have are Renegades, Blizzards,  and the piss yellow 1200. 

11 hours ago, SnowRider said:

Beings this is a snowmobile site :lol: Bought a new 2017 MXZ 1200 today.  129" for the local trails and a Canadian trip.  I think it's a lot of sled for $9000. 

IMG_3527.JPG

Dam nice looking sled. Great price too!