Who the fuck has my torque wrench!!!!!!!

Zambroski

23 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I barely use the one I got.  And 94.3% of the time I use the Bussman institute standard.  Over the years, I've learned to calibrate it to a very high level  of precision tightness before the stud snap sclean off. :lol: 

Yeah...I've always been a bit of a stickler when it comes to proper torque spec on certain things.  

My old man drilled it in me: "There's a reason spec calls for 55 ft lbs and not 54...or 56."

5 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I've still got my first set of tools from 30+ years ago.  My dad has them in his basement, along with his tools.  They'll all be mine when he's gone.  I don't want them anytime soon. 

We use to be able to but it's hard these days. My truck will be down for a couple days so there's no way I'll be able to work on it here. 

Lower shock bolts 406'# 

9_9:finger: 

You should be ok,you are only going to Spencer's and maybe getting a new hat at Lids. No need to bring your dad into this. I'm sure he knows a shock bolt doesn't require 405'# of torque.  Please disregard the rubber bushings on your shock mounts. They need to be squeezed like a zit.

IMG_3210.JPG

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

You should be ok,you are only going to Spencer's and maybe getting a new hat at Lids. No need to bring your dad into this. I'm sure he knows a shock bolt doesn't require 405'# of torque.  Please disregard the rubber bushings on your shock mounts. They need to be squeezed like a zit.

IMG_3210.JPG

Front lower shock bolt on the Raptor torque specs is 406lf#   On the regular F150 it's 350ft# 

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

IMG_3210.JPG

Hey...can I get one of those stickers also?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Front lower shock bolt on the Raptor torque specs is 406lf#   On the regular F150 it's 350ft# 

IFORD-RAPTOR-TORQUE-SPECS.pdfyou are right,I googled it. But I think the spec is wrong? Your IFS will need a Firestone life time front end alignment after that shock replacement.

Edited by Woodtick

Men are talking about tools and trucks. And working on things.  A subject you have no clue about. When we need input on suppositories and enemas, someone will PM or tag you 

Pussy

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

6 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Men are talking about tools and trucks. And working on things.  A subject you have no clue about. When we need input on suppositories and enemas, someone will PM or tag you 

Pussy

bahahhaha you can't call yourself a man. 

16 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Torque wrenches are on the list of tools I don't loan out. Motor megers,chain saws,large Hammer drill bits,snowmobiles, micrometers, refractometer,etc. If said friend owns one and it is on another job or is out for repair,I will take exception. 

I tend to loan things out to people who would or do the same for me.  

7 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

You only have 1 Torque wrench? Shame.

Must be a citiot.  I have 4.

14 hours ago, xcr700 said:

Only tool I've ever lent out was a clutch puller and a grease gun. Anything fancy...go fuck yourself 

Pretty much the same here.  Depends who it is though.  

Last tool I loaned out was my chain saw to my FIL.  Came back with a burned up chain, no bar oil, and bar oil in the gas tank.  Didn't say a word to me when I was picking it up either.

12 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I tend to loan things out to people who would or do the same for me.  

Must be a citiot.  I have 4.

Pretty much the same here.  Depends who it is though.  

Last tool I loaned out was my chain saw to my FIL.  Came back with a burned up chain, no bar oil, and bar oil in the gas tank.  Didn't say a word to me when I was picking it up either.

Yeah, I guess it would depend who it is.  I lent my air ratchet and impact to my neighbor years ago. Impact stil works fine but the air ratchet was fucked when he finally returned it.  I asked wtf happened to it.. he said " I was taking the lug nuts off the atv"  I said "that's why I gave you the impact retard" .. made him buy me a nicer ratchet lol 

8 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

You only have 1 Torque wrench? Shame.

No.  I have a good one and and one that may or may not be accurate.  It works though....I only stripped 4 bolts on my primary.  Meh....JB weld and LT Red!!! BAM!!!

:lol:

16 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

You have no clue about anything, little girl 

Bring your bitch ass to the UP this winter, and you'll find out the hard way 

Hard way? Like you not showing up?

19 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

That doesn't always work :lol:  I need a torque wrench that goes to 405ft#s  Buddy of mine from work has a buddy who owns a shop that's gonna let me borrow his. Only need it for 2 bolts, so I sure as fuck ain't going out and buying one.  We have some here at the shop, but I need it for my truck, so does me no good. 

WTF are you torquing fucking semi truck tires

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

No.  I have a good one and and one that may or may not be accurate.  It works though....I only stripped 4 bolts on my primary.  Meh....JB weld and LT Red!!! BAM!!!

:lol:

I have a Torque wrench tester if you need to check it.