question for the corporate schmucks..

10 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

well they wanted less military, no big tax cuts. the process is repeating itself, like always. repukes spend, dems get left with bill the next term. then the repukes suddenly get fiscal, convince everyone it's the dem spending, then get re-elected, then spend again............

What spending cuts did the left get done with Obambi?

11 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

well they wanted less military, no big tax cuts. the process is repeating itself, like always. repukes spend, dems get left with bill the next term. then the repukes suddenly get fiscal, convince everyone it's the dem spending, then get re-elected, then spend again............

Obama increased the debt by $6.576 trillion, but repukes spend and dems get left with the bill?  Nothing but rainbows and unicorns in your world.:lol2:

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 hours ago, SnowRider said:

My question is - the economy is humming along according to Lil Momo - so why the tax breaks?  What about the 8 years of deficit concerns?  Economists agree tax breaks do not create jobs so what's the point?  :snack:

More Voodoo economics :lmao: 

IMG_1354.JPG

:lol:   Which economist and which tax breaks.  

• Gold Member
15 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol:

holy fuck. pick one

ge, carrier, apple, johnson & johnson, ibm, procter and gamble.....

not to mention, some of these corps had 0 to low tax rates already :news:

So if they are paying 0% tax rate under obama’s Tax code they will benefit from trumps tax plan how????  

14 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

"well ma 401k improved by $100 this year, so i;m all for bigly corporate tax breaks. who cares if ma local taxes go up $1000 next year to compensate"

Mine has gone up almost $180,000 since  November.

Might retire early!

36 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Historically they ALWAYS have.  Even JFK understood this.  

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Mine has gone up almost $180,000 since  November.

Might retire early!

How during Obama's 8 years? :snack:  percentage?  :snack:  You should send Obama some of the 180 - he's responsible for the gains 👍

17 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

that's great, trueblue  :bc:

. :lol: Mainetahd insecurity :lol: 

36 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

How during Obama's 8 years? :snack:  percentage?  :snack:  You should send Obama some of the 180 - he's responsible for the gains 👍

. :lol: Mainetahd insecurity :lol: 

Obama cost the taxpayers 7+ trillion.  Now you want to give him more?  Dim bulb :thumb:

Edited by racer254

5 hours ago, racer254 said:

Obama increased the debt by $6.576 trillion, but repukes spend and dems get left with the bill?  Nothing but rainbows and unicorns in your world.:lol2:

Which one of Obamas budgets did that?

3 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

You know what else increases revenues? lowering interest rates. Take a look at those tax cuts that coincided with lower interest rates. Cheap easy access to credit gets more people in homes and more business borrow more money. Our economy is propped up by debt because our govt is allowing corporations to socialize their debt while privatizing their profits. 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Which one of Obamas budgets did that?

All of them together?  Or would you rather blame it on Congress or just the House?

Before Obama took office, President Bush's last budget (FY 2009) created a deficit of $1.16 trillion. That fiscal year began on October 1, 2008, and continued until September 30, 2009That

means most of that deficit occurred after Obama took office in January. It's not accurate to attribute it to him.

• FY 2009 - Even though the budget had been approved, Congress added emergency funding to stop the Great Recession. It added the first year's worth of spending from Obama's Economic Stimulus Act to the FY 2009 budget. That $253 billion accrues to Obama.
  • FY 2010 - Obama's first budget created a $1.294 trillion deficit.
  • FY 2011 - This budget contributed $1.3 trillion to the debt.
  • FY 2012 - The deficit was $1.087 trillion. 
  • FY 2013 - This was the first Obama budget where the deficit, $679 billion, was less than $1 trillion. Thank sequestration, which forced a 10 percent cut in spending.
  • FY 2014 - The deficit was $485 billion.
  • FY 2015 - The deficit fell further, to $438 billion.
  • FY 2016 - The deficit is expected to be $600 billion
  • FY 2017 - The deficit is projected to be $441 billion.

When the deficits from all these budgets are added together, President Obama increased the debt by $6.576 trillion. 

Just now, racer254 said:

All of them together?  Or would you rather blame it on Congress or just the House?

Before Obama took office, President Bush's last budget (FY 2009) created a deficit of $1.16 trillion. That fiscal year began on October 1, 2008, and continued until September 30, 2009That

means most of that deficit occurred after Obama took office in January. It's not accurate to attribute it to him.

• FY 2009 - Even though the budget had been approved, Congress added emergency funding to stop the Great Recession. It added the first year's worth of spending from Obama's Economic Stimulus Act to the FY 2009 budget. That $253 billion accrues to Obama.
  • FY 2010 - Obama's first budget created a $1.294 trillion deficit.
  • FY 2011 - This budget contributed $1.3 trillion to the debt.
  • FY 2012 - The deficit was $1.087 trillion. 
  • FY 2013 - This was the first Obama budget where the deficit, $679 billion, was less than $1 trillion. Thank sequestration, which forced a 10 percent cut in spending.
  • FY 2014 - The deficit was $485 billion.
  • FY 2015 - The deficit fell further, to $438 billion.
  • FY 2016 - The deficit is expected to be $600 billion
  • FY 2017 - The deficit is projected to be $441 billion.

When the deficits from all these budgets are added together, President Obama increased the debt by $6.576 trillion. 

Its my understanding that Obama never passed a budget. Those were all continuing resolutions from the Bush admin. I remember many here giving Obama shit for not being able to pass a budget.

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

Its my understanding that Obama never passed a budget. Those were all continuing resolutions from the Bush admin. I remember many here giving Obama shit for not being able to pass a budget.

I guess if you want to get technical, the president submits his budget request then congress takes it from there.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/apr/06/mitt-romney/romney-says-obama-failed-pass-budget/

7 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I guess if you want to get technical, the president submits his budget request then congress takes it from there.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/apr/06/mitt-romney/romney-says-obama-failed-pass-budget/

Ummm no. To my knowledge congress did not approve any of Obamas budgets. except for maybe the 2016 budget. All annual budgets were continuing resolutions from the prior admin. Sorry bout yer luck bro. 

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

Ummm no. To my knowledge congress did not approve any of Obamas budgets. except for maybe the 2016 budget. All annual budgets were continuing resolutions from the prior admin. Sorry bout yer luck bro. 

Many of his budgets didn't even get one vote yes from his own party.  :lol:  

31 minutes ago, Anler said:

I realize that, his budget requests (most) weren't passed, but they were still considered "his" budgets.  You're just trying to argue little details that really mean nothing.  He was POTUS when this money was spent. 

Edited by racer254