***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

65 this morning. Gonna hit 85 this afternoon.  Big Hot Rod show in town this weekend  something like 600 street rods will be out on display  

Met up with some Jeepers in Havasu yesterday.  Went on a little trail ride back up to an old mine. Aired down to 12psi. What a difference that makes. 

F36EA376-7BFF-489D-9471-33D0D60B9B6D.jpeg

75C42497-3B96-4F78-A688-34AF0A7A3999.jpeg

0FBBAA89-5B96-4B3C-851C-EEE4CF79E6F7.jpeg

2BE7E6A7-0938-4FEE-AF36-72E7B4B1D8A0.jpeg

D2B203A7-BA7D-4E90-9110-7B40DA1FB9FC.jpeg

C0359D2C-7E43-4F7D-99D5-2F93B8C63ECF.jpeg

82DD87C5-451C-4CC3-A538-4A148D7A79BC.jpeg

Looking Nice Dwarf :bc: 

15 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

65 this morning. Gonna hit 85 this afternoon.  Big Hot Rod show in town this weekend  something like 600 street rods will be out on display  

Met up with some Jeepers in Havasu yesterday.  Went on a little trail ride back up to an old mine. Aired down to 12psi. What a difference that makes. 

F36EA376-7BFF-489D-9471-33D0D60B9B6D.jpeg

75C42497-3B96-4F78-A688-34AF0A7A3999.jpeg

nice.  when we were out in arizona years ago it looked like a great place to have a jeep to get out and explore which i would like to do someday.  

21 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

nice.  when we were out in arizona years ago it looked like a great place to have a jeep to get out and explore which i would like to do someday.  

It is pretty cool for aure. If/when i live here full time I will build a rock crawling buggy. Rocks are very unforgiving on wheels and undercarrage. The bushes and cactus are unforgiving on the fenders and body. To get way back in on the challenging trails you need to get a little rough with your rig. We had a good time and definitely needed 4 Low to get over a few obstacles. It is super fun to go back in and explore old mines and ruins.  

14 hours ago, DAVE said:

You boondocking? Whats the blue thing on the table?

No. This is a beachfront site at the Crazyhorse campground in Havasu. Great place. Gets a little wild on the weekends but its a pretty nice place to camp.  Sandy beach, decent pool and hot tub, 50amps, good water, right bext to the bike trails.   Its on the island just across the London Bridge.  

The blue thing is a wireless bluetooth speaker. Waterproof. 

• Like 2

On 10/19/2018 at 9:15 AM, AKIQPilot said:

Snap a couple pics of some old school gassers at the show if you don't mind.  

32 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

No. This is a beachfront site at the Crazyhorse campground in Havasu. Great place. Gets a little wild on the weekends but its a pretty nice place to camp.  Sandy beach, decent pool and hot tub, 50amps, good water, right bext to the bike trails.   Its on the island just across the London Bridge.  

The blue thing is a wireless bluetooth speaker. Waterproof. 

No outside speakers on moho?

16 minutes ago, DAVE said:

No outside speakers on moho?

Oh yes, there are. The bluetooth speaker is just easier to connect to the media server. And its easier to grab and walk to the beach with the lawn chairs. Its just a little more convienent to use the bluetooth speaker for us. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Its 90 out today. Like 3 clouds and 90. And lots of horsepower on the lake too. 

8E67DAC1-09F4-4F80-9930-A6C7D8DCFC87.jpeg

Man!  That's a nice rig set up!  I always want my shit as close to matching as possible!  Looks like you did nice work with that jeep too?  Is that a repaint?

On 10/19/2018 at 10:52 AM, AKIQPilot said:

It is pretty cool for aure. If/when i live here full time I will build a rock crawling buggy. Rocks are very unforgiving on wheels and undercarrage. The bushes and cactus are unforgiving on the fenders and body. To get way back in on the challenging trails you need to get a little rough with your rig. We had a good time and definitely needed 4 Low to get over a few obstacles. It is super fun to go back in and explore old mines and ruins.  

You may want to look into these. A bunch of companies make different varieties of them. I found out first hand that pin strips are no joke out there. https://www.quadratec.com/p/smittybilt/mag-armor-magnetic-side-protection-07-17-jeep-wrangler-wrangler-unlimited-jk?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuJfM3-uX3gIVzUwNCh118wE1EAQYAyABEgLIyPD_BwE

20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Man!  That's a nice rig set up!  I always want my shit as close to matching as possible!  Looks like you did nice work with that jeep too?  Is that a repaint?

Thanks.  Its old but both are in near perfect condition for being over a decade old.  I can honestly say there isnt another Gas powered motorhome available that I would want right now. Newmar makes a couple of very nice Class A coaches these days and there is no doubt they have a a few more modren features but they are over $200k. None of them have more basement storage than mine. Since Ford finally put the 6 speed transmission in the Moho chassis they have finally caught up to the 10 year old Workhorse. But, all loaded up with 30,000lbs of gear and Toad the 6.8 Tritan is no match for the 8.1 Vortec. We are gonna stick with this for a few years. 

None of the 3 colors on the Moho match the pewter of the jeep but the three colors together make for a pretty good match. Thats about as close as I could find for a match. The Wrangler pulls like a dream behind the old Winnebago. I was licky to find it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Woodtick said:

You may want to look into these. A bunch of companies make different varieties of them. I found out first hand that pin strips are no joke out there. https://www.quadratec.com/p/smittybilt/mag-armor-magnetic-side-protection-07-17-jeep-wrangler-wrangler-unlimited-jk?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuJfM3-uX3gIVzUwNCh118wE1EAQYAyABEgLIyPD_BwE

Dude. Thoase are so bad ass. The JK I wheeled with Friday had those. They made a hige difference on body protection. 

I cant seem to find them for the pre ‘07 jeeps yet. I am seriously considering buying the material and making my own. Or sending in a template to Smittybilt and having them cut me some. Those work fantastic. 

12 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Dude. Thoase are so bad ass. The JK I wheeled with Friday had those. They made a hige difference on body protection. 

I cant seem to find them for the pre ‘07 jeeps yet. I am seriously considering buying the material and making my own. Or sending in a template to Smittybilt and having them cut me some. Those work fantastic. 

Call these guys on Monday. They are local to me and this is were buds have gotten them. I can pick them up and get them to you if shipping is a problem with you jumping around. I may have them do my WK2 before I go out to visit you this spring.:whistle:https://performancedtl.com/

Edited by Woodtick

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

They make them for yours or you can just buy a roll and make your own. All of your panels are flat so wouldn’t think it would be too hard to make them.

Ok I will look for the TJ/LJ ones. It was actually  the JK owners i was wheeling with that said the didnt make them for TJ’s  

Our little trip the other day was quite fun. Those guys have hundreds of trail rides under their belt. That was my first time rolling on rocks. For the first hour they treated me like a complete rookie. After I took a couple lines they didnt dare try they figured out I knew how to wheel. In the end I was the only one who came out with no trail damage. One tiny scratch on the wheel that I hid using a sharpie. Hahahaha. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Ok I will look for the TJ/LJ ones. It was actually  the JK owners i was wheeling with that said the didnt make them for TJ’s  

Our little trip the other day was quite fun. Those guys have hundreds of trail rides under their belt. That was my first time rolling on rocks. For the first hour they treated me like a complete rookie. After I took a couple lines they didnt dare try they figured out I knew how to wheel. In the end I was the only one who came out with no trail damage. One tiny scratch on the wheel that I hid using a sharpie. Hahahaha. 

Layers and layers of wax helped mine. You need to do this trail from flagstaff down to Sedona. Air down for the bumps and sharp rocks. Be prepared for taking a shit ton of pics and videos. It’s pretty easy, no need to lock up ect. 

956AB17A-C499-4D39-BCDD-5DB5F31B5987.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Layers and layers of wax helped mine. You need to do this trail from flagstaff down to Sedona. Air down for the bumps and sharp rocks. Be prepared for taking a shit ton of pics and videos. It’s pretty easy, no need to lock up ect. 

956AB17A-C499-4D39-BCDD-5DB5F31B5987.jpeg

Wow sounds very cool. I will look in to it for sure. Weve been to Sedona a few times but never off road. Sedona area is beautiful. There are hundreds of beautiful places in the southwest. 

Went to visit a friend in NH today to check out the progress of the new house he is building. House is all framed, sided and interior studs are done. He's just waiting for his roofing and widows to come in so he can get the subs in there to wire and plumb the place. Ran in to snow on the way home from Bartlett to the top of Crawford Notch. Roads were OK with the exception of the last half mile of the notch. After I dropped down the little hill past Saco Lake it turned back to rain.

• Like 1

Morning-

37 / 22 and clear-  Heading North tomorrow after a meeting for a long weekend with my bride, YS and his wife.  Winterize the boats and pull the docks are of couple to-do's.  

Kickass pictures @AKIQPilot , Tom!  Enjoy and be safe buddy.   :bc:  <gatoraid 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2018 at 6:29 PM, AKIQPilot said:

Its 90 out today. Like 3 clouds and 90. And lots of horsepower on the lake too. 

8E67DAC1-09F4-4F80-9930-A6C7D8DCFC87.jpeg

You really need to properly caption those pics next time with something like..............."I wonder what the paupers are doing today"? :lmao:

• Haha 2