***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

39 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

6 hr job getting that sombitch out.

Here's another one from the one in Norton .I messed up before, the other pic was 140 in Pittsburg. From what I read on FB the owner is leaving it there until the Bully goes through. Not sure how they are going to get it out without breaking something.

image.png

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

Here's another one from the one in Norton .I messed up before, the other pic was 140 in Pittsburg. From what I read on FB the owner is leaving it there until the Bully goes through. Not sure how they are going to get it out without breaking something.

image.png

Chain saw, pry bars and a few 2x6's and it should come  right out.  It will weigh about 2000 lbs though.  :lol: 

• Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Chain saw, pry bars and a few 2x6's and it should come  right out.  It will weigh about 2000 lbs though.  :lol: 

You should have the seen the hootenanny when we pulled mine out of the drink...Aluminum Row Boat, Ropes, Chain Saw, Truck, long boat hook....epic operation! :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

You should have the seen the hootenanny when we pulled mine out of the drink...Aluminum Row Boat, Ropes, Chain Saw, Truck, long boat hook....epic operation! :lol:

Oh yea.  I've helped get a few sled  s and wheelers out of the ice over the years.  It always goes the smoothest when you have about 4 Chiefs and 2 Indians. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Sounds like a good time.  I did the same thing about 20 years ago, thought we were on the shore of a reservoir, but the water level had risen, sled sunk in just like that Ski Doo in the picture.  Next morning it was frozen in place.  What a shit show getting it out of there. :lol:  

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Oh yea.  I've helped get a few sled  s and wheelers out of the ice over the years.  It always goes the smoothest when you have about 4 Chiefs and 2 Indians. 

I've never seen it done any other way.  :lol: You may be a tad shy on the "chief" count though.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

A good torch like they use for rubber roofing prep , few tanks of propane and a 4x4 truck.

Not possible to thaw a snowmobile frozen in the water like that with a propane torch.  Not enough BTU's in 10 tanks of propane to melt that much ice. 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

5 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Sounds like a good time.  I did the same thing about 20 years ago, thought we were on the shore of a reservoir, but the water level had risen, sled sunk in just like that Ski Doo in the picture.  Next morning it was frozen in place.  What a shit show getting it out of there. :lol:  

Mine was in 12' of water and it was snowing like a mofo and we definitley had plenty of chiefs. :lol:

9 hours ago, ckf said:

image.png

A lot of that shit going around this year.26231792_1379767435468226_4691641613810840819_n.thumb.jpg.23040aa3d829975e936a67cbc9090bdf.jpg26815290_2048986665344249_1918128465408687500_n.thumb.jpg.1d898785cd15b9e2d4b03115db501efc.jpg

• 1 month later...