***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

2 minutes ago, smokin george said:

The sun's shining, 0 deg, and perfect day for an outdoor fire and a beer. 

Beauty day here as well. Of course there will be no outdoor fire and a beer for me! Mother wants me to go grocery shopping with her. 😕

Just now, irv said:

Beauty day here as well. Of course there will be no outdoor fire and a beer for me! Mother wants me to go grocery shopping with her. 😕

We shopped yesterday and picked up whatever else we needed for over the holidays. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Wow, calling for +7 and sunny today. Plus temps right through  into the new year and no snow. Christmas Day +6.

I need to do some Christmas shopping today.

Edited by Blackstar

20 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Wow, calling for +7 and sunny today. Plus temps right through  into the new year and no snow. Christmas Day +6.

I need to do some Christmas shopping today.

Today is our warmest day +5C and the next week or so single digit minus temps. They're calling for light rain Thurs-Fri and doesn't look like much snow anywhere in the forcast

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Today is our warmest day +5C and the next week or so single digit minus temps. They're calling for light rain Thurs-Fri and doesn't look like much snow anywhere in the forcast

Cochrane Jan 2nd-6th I'll be there. 

6 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Cochrane Jan 2nd-6th I'll be there. 

We're not sure what we're doing yet. We're only 5hrs to Mt Laurier if we decide to go there. We usually plan trips with a buddy and his wife but she had major heart surgery and is fubared for this season. 

22 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We're not sure what we're doing yet. We're only 5hrs to Mt Laurier if we decide to go there. We usually plan trips with a buddy and his wife but she had major heart surgery and is fubared for this season. 

I gotta get back to Quebec. Might be next year as I got 3 trips planned in Ontario already this season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reevester said:

I gotta get back to Quebec. Might be next year as I got 3 trips planned in Ontario already this season. 

I almost bought the season pass before the 9th. Couldn't convince anyone else to get one. 

11 hours ago, Reevester said:

I was planning to do Quebec this year but I doubt it now. I've been invited to go to Thunder Bay and ride to Manitoba and back with a couple guys in their 70's. I said yes so we'll see if the trip pans out.

These same guys went to Quebec last year and rode 3000kms in 9 days.

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I was planning to do Quebec this year but I doubt it now. I've been invited to go to Thunder Bay and ride to Manitoba and back with a couple guys in their 70's. I said yes so we'll see if the trip pans out.

These same guys went to Quebec last year and rode 3000kms in 9 days.

Sounds like a good time. That's a decent drive to get there. 

Edited by Reevester

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Ice here. Drove my wife to work for the first time in probably 8 yrs.

No way I was going to make her walk in this shit.

Just kidding.

My wife walks to work lol. She has her dog grooming setup in the basement and doesn't have far to go. She only does small non shedding dogs so there's real mess with hair flying everywhere.

1 minute ago, smokin george said:

My wife walks to work lol. She has her dog grooming setup in the basement and doesn't have far to go. She only does small non shedding dogs so there's real mess with hair flying everywhere.

Mine used to work 12 minutes from the house.

New job , now about 45-50 min commute. First week she almost quit. No she is used to it.

This time of yr if she works OT she gets paid for it. In the summer she will have to work 32 hrs a week and gets paid for 40 . Told her she will not appreciate this job till summer rolls around.

12 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Mine used to work 12 minutes from the house.

New job , now about 45-50 min commute. First week she almost quit. No she is used to it.

This time of yr if she works OT she gets paid for it. In the summer she will have to work 32 hrs a week and gets paid for 40 . Told her she will not appreciate this job till summer rolls around.

My wife had a pretty good dog grooming shop that she sold after we moved up here. The groomer in town passed away so she started working there, built up a steady clientele, had a knee replacement and didn't go back. She has the select customers coming here, not paying a % to the shop she was at and she's pretty happy

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Just ran to the bank...roads are fucked.:lol:

7E5A8B4E-126D-45A9-8651-D72138CE898B.thumb.jpeg.6d7cc822bc8d39f2040c59611179c58f.jpeg

I went to the end of the driveway to put the garbage out and that was some slippery walking. The road out of here will be nothing but a sheet of ice. I'm sitting in the garage and you can here the wind,rain and ice pellets out there.