***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

On 11/14/2019 at 7:35 PM, Woodtick said:

Do you need me to send you the best 2stroke oil ever made? Sea & Snow is currently on sale for $18 a gal by me. I put that shit in everything.:green:

Rumor has it Sea and Snow is/was the same as Yamalube? I've used Shell dino injector oil in my 95 XLT now for more than a few years. Decent price but the XLT uses it up rather quickly! I use to use Produmax but they sold/were bought out and the price practically doubled!

On 11/14/2019 at 8:41 PM, Woodtick said:

I like Lucas. I use their oil stabilizer and injection cleaner in the Jeeps as maintenance. Reasonable prices and their stuff works.:bc:

I've never used an oil stabilizer in anything I have owned. Imo, with today's quality oils it is unnecessary and a waste of money. It also isn't regarded at bobistheoilguy.com. Sea Foam is what I use as a stabilizer. It is also a cleaner. I've used it religiously in everything I own for likely 10 yrs now. It's amazing how clean it keeps carbs and makes everything run good.   

6 hours ago, irv said:

Rumor has it Sea and Snow is/was the same as Yamalube? I've used Shell dino injector oil in my 95 XLT now for more than a few years. Decent price but the XLT uses it up rather quickly! I use to use Produmax but they sold/were bought out and the price practically doubled!

I've never used an oil stabilizer in anything I have owned. Imo, with today's quality oils it is unnecessary and a waste of money. It also isn't regarded at bobistheoilguy.com. Sea Foam is what I use as a stabilizer. It is also a cleaner. I've used it religiously in everything I own for likely 10 yrs now. It's amazing how clean it keeps carbs and makes everything run good.   

Never used any oil or fuel stabilizer or sea foam. I run tanks as low as possible on the sleds and start with fresh fuel. Lawn mower, and snowblower run until empty and start fresh each season. Same with weed whacker, blower and chainsaw.  Never had any issues. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Never used any oil or fuel stabilizer or sea foam. I run tanks as low as possible on the sleds and start with fresh fuel. Lawn mower, and snowblower run until empty and start fresh each season. Same with weed whacker, blower and chainsaw.  Never had any issues. :thumbsup:

I do the same, only I run Sea foam through them before I siphon the last bit of remaining gas. I run Sea Foam all season long anyways but I do give it an extra dose if I suspect it will be my last ride or I'll run some through in the garage.

I don't believe in leaving fuel or leaving a full tank in anything. Adding fresh fuel in the Spring/Fall makes more sense to me as I think this condensation nonsense is overblown. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, irv said:

I do the same, only I run Sea foam through them before I siphon the last bit of remaining gas. I run Sea Foam all season long anyways but I do give it an extra dose if I suspect it will be my last ride or I'll run some through in the garage.

I don't believe in leaving fuel or leaving a full tank in anything. Adding fresh fuel in the Spring/Fall makes more sense to me as I think this condensation nonsense is overblown. 

In the sleds , I just run a bottle of isopropyl in the first tank. And then about every 3rd tank after that. 

• Like 1

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

In the sleds , I just run a bottle of isopropyl in the first tank. And then about every 3rd tank after that. 

I likely have about 10 of those small bottles sitting on my shelf that I likely purchased 10+ years ago. Since I started using Sea Foam in everything, I lost the need for those. If you lived a lot closer, I'd give them to you. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, irv said:

I likely have about 10 of those small bottles sitting on my shelf that I likely purchased 10+ years ago. Since I started using Sea Foam in everything, I lost the need for those. If you lived a lot closer, I'd give them to you. 

:bc:. I like those little Maxima bottles because you can toss a couple in your tunnel bag and they don't take up much space. 

Thanks for the thought :bc:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Bout time ya dipped below us 13 here.

It's way to early for this kind of cold. Of course it's going to warm up long enough for an icy mess tomorrow night in to Tuesday :(

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ckf said:

It's way to early for this kind of cold. Of course it's going to warm up long enough for an icy mess tomorrow night in to Tuesday :(

All next week the burg was showing temps straddling the freezing line. showing 47 here for tue -wed

• Like 1

22 F here this morning but sunny/nice out. Suppose to start warming up today and be above freezing all week long with rain rain/snow mix. Not that we have a lot of snow left now anyways but next week will surely take care of the rest.

https://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/on-117_metric_e.html

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Warmer here and raining....SMH.

Damn rain in the forcast this week. One step forward and two steps back seems to be the trend. Up until 4-5 years ago we always started riding on Boxing Day and did a New Years eve ride/dinner/party with friends.