Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

I'd blame both incidents on the bad influence Ben had on both of you over the years :dunno:      :lol: 

Glad to hear there were no injuries :bc:   

Thanks John-

I told the guys .......   "this would not have happened if I was still drinking "   :lol: 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

:gm1:     Starting the day partly cloudy and 19f. The forecast is calling for mostly cloudy with highs in the 20's.

Here are some snow totals so far at some of the ski areas.,

52025831_2086057114762853_61326127935405

THat 301 at jay is weird. All around richford was closed last week because of lack of snow.

7 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

THat 301 at jay is weird. All around richford was closed last week because of lack of snow.

Jay Peak gets slammed like the Whites because it's so much higher than the surrounding mountains. It can't be much more that 30 miles as the crow flies between  Jay and Burke and Burke only gets half as much snow.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Jay Peak gets slammed like the Whites because it's so much higher than the surrounding mountains. It can't be much more that 30 miles as the crow flies between  Jay and Burke and Burke only gets half as much snow.

I noticed west of there all the way to the lake is now open. May give that a shot as that area cannot be ridden every winter. Don't know if I have ever ridden that far west.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

I noticed west of there all the way to the lake is now open. May give that a shot as that area cannot be ridden every winter. Don't know if I have ever ridden that far west.

I've never been west of Newport or south of St J. I always rode this corner of VT and northern NH.

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

I've never been west of Newport or south of St J. I always rode this corner of VT and northern NH.

You would really enjoy craftsbury, glover irasburg , Greensboro . A lot like Caribu . but right next door.

7 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

You would really enjoy craftsbury, glover irasburg , Greensboro . A lot like Caribu . but right next door.

That's a beautiful area. Rob and I flew our drones in that area a couple of falls ago. Craftsbury Common is the perfect example of a New England Village :bc:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Awesome vid. In my opinion that's the best riding in VT.

I've been working on getting my back in better shape so I can get back on my sled. Maybe next year you can show me around that area?

3 minutes ago, jammin said:

Morning-

12 / 4 and cloudy.

Fuck off @ckf  @Mileage Psycho  @DAVE  @Zambroski  @SSFB and some others.     :bigfinger:

Love you too sweetie :friends:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

:watching:

-5 here.  Looks like it’s gonna be cloudy all day.  Good god we have a lot of snow!  Or, just normal amount...FINALLY!!!

Last week when we went to NH I couldn't believe how high the snowbanks were just south of the Whites. I hadn't seen snowbanks that high in that area in over 10 years.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I've been working on getting my back in better shape so I can get back on my sled. Maybe next year you can show me around that area?

Love you too sweetie :friends:

SUre , you will really enjoy it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Last week when we went to NH I couldn't believe how high the snowbanks were just south of the Whites. I hadn't seen snowbanks that high in that area in over 10 years.

Same here.  It’s only been a couple years though.  Some of these parking lots have mountain ranges now.  It’s good to see again.  I think we are only about a foot above normal snow fall this year but, we haven’t had any melt offs.  That’s the difference.  Last year we had 20” drop in November.  But, by the time I dropped my new sled in the yard on T-giving, scraps and rain puddles.  :wall:

Good god the trails are fun!!!

Any of you NH guys hear anything more about the suspicious death in Madison? I've read bits and pieces on FB this AM. Fro what I've read the house was in Jon Elliotts name, but haven't heard who died. I went to school with Jon and was best friends with his cousin growing up. @steve from amherst  @Whiskey Tango Foxtrot @Angry ginger @Sal Rosenberg @Mainecat 

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

Any of you NH guys hear anything more about the suspicious death in Madison? I've read bits and pieces on FB this AM. Fro what I've read the house was in Jon Elliotts name, but haven't heard who died. I went to school with Jon and was best friends with his cousin growing up. @steve from amherst  @Whiskey Tango Foxtrot @Angry ginger @Sal Rosenberg @Mainecat 

Not much...

https://www.wmur.com/article/officials-respond-to-suspicious-death-in-madison/26366621

• Thanks 1