***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member
42 minutes ago, dz246 said:

Morning :news:

Snowing pretty good out.... 

:gm1:

Yeah we are under a winter storm warning until tomorrow morning...a lot of snow and wind on the way.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, ckf said:

:gm1:   Up to -4f after a low of -12f.  Adding up the totals forecast through Thursday morning puts us in the 10-20 inch range. My guess is we'll end up with 6-8 :lol:

That works . Those fields in irasburg/glover just need a nice coating over that bulletproof base.

It started snowing and blowing here around 8 this morning. Gonna be a hell of a drive home at rush hour! Still calling for a possible 25 cms, which I hope we get but it would definitely be better if we didn't have the wind.

Hazardous winter conditions are expected.

A winter storm with a combination of 15 to 25 cm snow and ice pellets, possible freezing rain, and strong winds is expected today into tonight.

Snow at times heavy continues over the region. Strong easterly winds gusting near 70 km/h will result in sudden and significantly reduced visibility due to blowing snow. Stronger wind gusts near 80 km/h are also possible near the shores of Lake Ontario this morning.

Visibilities should improve during the afternoon as the precipitation changes to a mix of snow and ice pellets. There is also a risk of freezing rain later this afternoon.

Total snowfall and ice pellet amounts of 15 to 25 cm are possible by the time snow tapers to flurries on Wednesday.

This weather is associated with a Colorado Low that will cross Southern Ontario tonight into Wednesday.

Consider postponing non-essential travel until conditions improve. There may be a significant impact on rush hour traffic in urban areas. If visibility is reduced while driving, turn on your lights and maintain a s

• Like 1

We got 8-10" of wet snow yesterday and last night.   Still probably going to head north with them getting a foot last week plus another 10+ they are calling for when this storm is done.   Conditions should be epic.  

• Like 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

Jesus.  Third time this week I’ve cleared the ducking driveway.  Fucking lake affect still coming down.  

Ariens is throwin that shit and slappin’ ass!!!!

51824BF2-AFD4-4DD3-AFE4-105554DF4060.jpeg

You know you should actually be wearing some stained tighty whities and a mask....you could be the new......

• Haha 1

Just now, DAVE said:

You know you should actually be wearing some stained tighty whities and a mask....you could be the new......

I don’t own tighty whities because the do stain.  All my drawers are brown and dark brown (Taco Ball nights).

11 hours ago, irv said:

It started snowing and blowing here around 8 this morning. Gonna be a hell of a drive home at rush hour! Still calling for a possible 25 cms, which I hope we get but it would definitely be better if we didn't have the wind.

Hazardous winter conditions are expected.

A winter storm with a combination of 15 to 25 cm snow and ice pellets, possible freezing rain, and strong winds is expected today into tonight.

Snow at times heavy continues over the region. Strong easterly winds gusting near 70 km/h will result in sudden and significantly reduced visibility due to blowing snow. Stronger wind gusts near 80 km/h are also possible near the shores of Lake Ontario this morning.

Visibilities should improve during the afternoon as the precipitation changes to a mix of snow and ice pellets. There is also a risk of freezing rain later this afternoon.

Total snowfall and ice pellet amounts of 15 to 25 cm are possible by the time snow tapers to flurries on Wednesday.

This weather is associated with a Colorado Low that will cross Southern Ontario tonight into Wednesday.

Consider postponing non-essential travel until conditions improve. There may be a significant impact on rush hour traffic in urban areas. If visibility is reduced while driving, turn on your lights and maintain a s

More important, is it enough to to re-open the trails?

48 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

More important, is it enough to to re-open the trails?

We got about 10 to 12 cms only. :wall:

We also received some freezing rain and ice pellets as well. I doubt the trail map would be updated yet but my gut tells me we didn't get enough even to turn them back to yellow again? 

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Jesus.  Third time this week I’ve cleared the fucking driveway.  Fucking lake effect still coming down.  

Ariens is throwin that shit and slappin’ ass!!!!

51824BF2-AFD4-4DD3-AFE4-105554DF4060.jpeg

Wow that's crazy shit.. Ariens FTW ..You better start learning to shovel only.. The AOC  said no more gas will be available.

I got about 2" yesterday. there was zero snow on the ground before that.